We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageswhat numbers or sections do you avoid? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

what numbers or sections do you avoid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rumandcork

rumandcork

what numbers or sections do you avoid? Empty
PostSubject: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 am

Just curious if yall have certain numbers or particular sections of the board that you avoid. Even though i practice the entire board their is one area i tend to stay away from if possible. for me its the 14,9, and 12. Im pretty good at all the 11 beds and 5's but D5 is a dirty little heiffer that needs a good paddling. if i miss d10 and hit a single i always go S2, D4.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

Me too, hate D5, always split the remaining 10 - S2, D4.

Other than that, the only bed I really struggle on is the single 6, usually too high, yet I can manage the 11 bed no problem, strange.......
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 am

I never sacrifice a dart in favour of a preferable target, I always go for it no matter what the double, apart from D25 of course.
I feel it's unnecessary and just shows a lack of confidence of which the opponent may notice.

In the past, I felt pressurised to actually hit the single causing me to miss the doubles due to the added pressure I gained at the start of the combination.
The only time I would consider splitting the double would be if my opponent was unable to leave a finish.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

d5 and d9. will only not go for it if opponent cant finish
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:29 pm

The only bit of the board I hate is D20 - I can hit it in a combination finish, but if I have 40 left it's generally 20, D10 if I finish
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Not keen on D10 or D9
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

D9 and D3
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 pm

I never avoid any part of the board. My mentality is attack attack attack Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm

mc1958 wrote:
The only bit of the board I hate is D20 - I can hit it in a combination finish, but if I have 40 left it's generally 20, D10 if I finish

I just did a few throws at D20 - it took me 26 darts to hit the bugger lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Think you need to practice that one then Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I do - but I'm still crap at it lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 pm

This is were introducing the numbers you don't like into your practice routine helps. You shouldn't really avoid any part of the board as they are all the same size and shape and therefore hitting one segment should be the same as hitting any other segment.

To veer away from any particular part of the board especially not going for a double and splitting it down is a huge waste of darts.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 pm

agree that you should definitely practice the weak spots, I think it was Lowe who was weak on the Bulls but he practised them a lot and came very good at them.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Rebel wrote:
Me too, hate D5, always split the remaining 10 - S2, D4.

Other than that, the only bed I really struggle on is the single 6, usually too high, yet I can manage the 11 bed no problem, strange.......

With the D5 I think it is more psychological with me, I have missed it many times and it has cost me dearly - obviously if I leave 10 with one dart in hand I would go for it but with 3 darts I have had far more success (and confidence) hitting S2 and having 2 darts at D4 as opposed to singling the 5 and leaving 2 darts to hit S1, D2 - just prefer it that way.
I wouldn't personally call it wasting a dart as it leaves me 2 darts at a target I am much more comfortable with and over the years has won me games that I feel i could have otherwise lost.

Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 am

But then if you miss the S2 (which I've seen people do) you're left with a bust shot and no darts at a double. At least going for a D5, even if you hit a S5, you still have a chance at the out with S1 and D2.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 am

I will sometimes shoot for the 2 d4. I have busted trying but majority of times ill hit it. Even a trip 2 works for me
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 am

treble 20 lol, no I favor tops as an out but I don't waste a dart just to get there.
I practice the entire board.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 am

obviously if im at 10 with one dart ill take d5 . but if i have 2 darts or more my confidence on s2 d4 is thru the roof and is a very high percentage shot for me. I think its good for a player of any sport to know their strengths and weaknesses, and to exploit the strengths.

some great points by all -good discussion!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 am

There are doubles around the board that I favor less D3 for example. However, I always go at them regardless. Mostly because I am just not good enough to say that I stand a higher probability of hitting one over another. I know which ones I hit more often but that's because I try to set myself up for specific outs rather than avoid.
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 am

I sometimes struggle with Single 11 but I can hit bulls with ease sooo go figure~~~

D10 is the double that can frustrate me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:18 am

Grey Owl wrote:
I sometimes struggle with Single 11 but I can hit bulls with ease sooo go figure~~~

D10 is the double that can frustrate me.

Yeah thats a little strange struggling with a big single, I am usually very good on D11 but the T11 is not as easy, and while I am here I should add that the Double Bull is a nightmare for me!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:26 am

Grip avoids hitting the actual board
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 am

Evil or Very Mad slPPING
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:02 am

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:02 pm

I try to never leave myself a double on an odd number, so I rarely throw at the 7,19,3,17 area. I'm not really squeamish about the other odds. Of course my opponent's position and skill influence my decision, but generally with 3 darts in hand and on an odd double, I'll throw the first one to get to a more advantageous out for the next two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 am

I don't do it on purpose but my darts generally avoid the triple twenty!!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Any number that leaves my partner a even number in 01
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Any number that leaves my partner a even number in 01

You avoid those numbers.....? Crazy Grip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what numbers or sections do you avoid?   what numbers or sections do you avoid? Empty

Back to top Go down

what numbers or sections do you avoid?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next