We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBack to square one:/ LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Back to square one:/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donkey

Donkey

Back to square one:/ Empty
PostSubject: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey guys. It feels like my time at the board is loosing its interest.

I now usually start off good and feel very happy with My game but after just some bad darts I start to think about how im holding and analyze each of my darts as how they are flying wich might be okey during practice.

I think that the major issue is that I have noone to play against anymore. I used to play with an American friend every saturday (online) and then I used to think that I was playing to beat him. I did progress alot faster than he did and after just 3 months he was happy if he'd managed to take a leg from me.

Now I usually just do some drills from FS but It seems that I cant put my heart into the drills. Im worried to start making some bad habits.

How would you feel if you didnt have anyone to compete against? Would you still enjoy the game as much or would you feel as im starting to feel?

No more "ego boost" for me;(
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:30 pm

take a break from the drills or maybe even the darts altogether for a bit. couple days off the sisal always help me recharge. 95% of the time im solo and i normally play against my own averages on dartpro. currently im on a personal quest to hit 3xdbull. keeps me interested.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah just sounds like your interest has stagnated a little Donkey, a little break and doing something else for a while should help, then come back at it and add a bit of variety to your routine.

Try the Uniscore site, you can play against others on that:

http://uniscore.unicorn-darts.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:42 pm

I have similar issues with regards the bad habits, I am fine when i am playing matches until I hit a run of bad darts, then I too tend to over think the issues, how am I standing, how am I holding the dart, is my arm straight.
Obviously this leads to further errors, snatching at my throw and even worse darts follow.

I have had a regular practise partner for years (me brother) who, when we first started, we would have very close games, he would hit the bigger scores but I was better on the doubles.
Unfortunately he has improved his doubles over the years more than I have upped my scoring - hence, I can't remember the last time I beat him Sad
But I still go back for more - because win, lose or draw, I love playing darts.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Hang in there Donkey,
I'm with you and have taken a few days off. Now ready to resume.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:50 am

I find myself doing the same thing from time to time in terms of over-analyzing my form. I would have to agree with all of the previous comments and say take a break for a little while. Then, when you get that urge back get in front of the board again. It wouldn't hurt to try some new practice routines. Perhaps there is something out there that can give you the excitement needed to reinstate that drive to throw darts.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks guys.

I don't think I can lay the darts down for some days. Or even one day. I live next to where I work so on my lunch time I run home and practice. And when my kids play I throw some darts. Maybe thats the problem. I never have the time "alone" at the oche. Now im always watching the kids and/or has to get back to work or should be doing something else. I used to be all alone and not having to think about anything else than where to put me dart.

That could be the problem? Hmm. Might have to think alittle more about this.

Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:13 am

getagrip wrote:
Yeah just sounds like your interest has stagnated a little Donkey, a little break and doing something else for a while should help, then come back at it and add a bit of variety to your routine.

Not against others online? But they are making some sort of app I think that Will enable live play?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Donkey wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Not against others online? But they are making some sort of app I think that Will enable live play?

I thought thats what it was, maybe your just playing against a friends recorded stats?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

I think Donkey means that he doesn't have internet access right now accept for his phone.
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Donkey wrote:

I now usually start off good and feel very happy with My game but after just some bad darts I start to think about how im holding and analyze each of my darts as how they are flying wich might be okey during practice.

I think that the major issue is that I have noone to play against anymore. I used to play with an American friend every saturday (online) and then I used to think that I was playing to beat him. I did progress alot faster than he did and after just 3 months he was happy if he'd managed to take a leg from me.

Now I usually just do some drills from FS but It seems that I cant put my heart into the drills. Im worried to start making some bad habits.

How would you feel if you didnt have anyone to compete against? Would you still enjoy the game as much or would you feel as im starting to feel?

No I don't know about where you live/play but in many places in America darts is declining with people and places to play becoming scarce. Even playing the same people over and over is a drag on enthusiasm when you pretty much know who is going to win after a while.

Loss of enthusiasm is a bad thing which sometimes just can't be helped, but a break seems to help re-energize a person. Leagues which have a defined season and a period of time when there isn't any darts league action helps with a forced break from the game.

My suggestion? set aside a day and time a couple of times a week, as though it is league night, and run through your Flight School drills.

I don't think playing games where you compete against some goal or level of expertise is good since this can easily bring on doubt about you ability or worse set you to competing against your self, which a losing proposition every time.

Well, I think I'll go introduce myself to my dart board and see if they still stick pointy end first for about ten minutes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:06 am

Thats sad to hear George! I thought darts was getting more popular?

Thats not good, I think the organisations need to get together and start helping to bring darts back to the clubs, bars, pubs, even schools if need be.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:15 am

I played in a qualifier for the uk open last weekend, and there were a group of school children turn up, who entered the comp and all played very well. Turns out there school has an after school dart club to help with maths. Great idea if you ask me, wish my school had one back in the day
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:17 am

Thefox180 wrote:
I played in a qualifier for the uk open last weekend, and there were a group of school children turn up, who entered the comp and all played very well. Turns out there school has an after school dart club to help with maths. Great idea if you ask me, wish my school had one back in the day

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:24 am

George Silberzahn wrote:
Donkey wrote:

No I don't know about where you live/play but in many places in America darts is declining with people and places to play becoming scarce. Even playing the same people over and over is a drag on enthusiasm when you pretty much know who is going to win after a while.

Loss of enthusiasm is a bad thing which sometimes just can't be helped, but a break seems to help re-energize a person. Leagues which have a defined season and a period of time when there isn't any darts league action helps with a forced break from the game.

My suggestion? set aside a day and time a couple of times a week, as though it is league night, and run through your Flight School drills.

I don't think playing games where you compete against some goal or level of expertise is good since this can easily bring on doubt about you ability or worse set you to competing against your self, which a losing proposition every time.

Well, I think I'll go introduce myself to my dart board and see if they still stick pointy end first for about ten minutes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There arnt anyone who play darts anyway near where I live (in Sweden)

But I think I Will try to take a day off this weekend. Maybe try to do something with My kids for once. :P jk. But anyway. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:33 am

USMC80 wrote:
I think Donkey means that he doesn't have internet access right now accept for his phone.

Dunno how to multiquote.

I checked the uniscore site but when I tried to press 2 players it was only for two players at the same board.

I then looked at the comments and the first or second asked if they could make it so that you could play live agains others.

Am I way off or what?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:17 am

Multi quote is easy, just click the multiquote button for each post you wish to quote, then click the reply button at top of page, it will only work with the reply button and not the quick reply box at the bottom Smile
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:23 am

getagrip wrote:
Multi quote is easy, just click the multiquote button for each post you wish to quote, then click the reply button at top of page, it will only work with the reply button and not the quick reply box at the bottom Smile

Aha. I see. But still is it possible to play agains others?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:38 am

No idea? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to square one:/   Back to square one:/ Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to square one:/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1