We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPractice games before a match! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Practice games before a match!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Practice games before a match! Empty
PostSubject: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 am

I have lots of good guys in our league and some want to play practice games before the match. Don't like that at all and usually don't do that. To me just not a good idea. what say you?
Now after matches game on!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 am

I agree Larry, I also play pool and it's the same, no practice games before hand for me.

I think my reasoning is that any negatives from a practice game will be taken forward to the actual match, I have done it many times in the past and feel it has cost me the game.

Whether its darts or pool, a bad shot, loose darts etc plays on the mind for me in the actual match and tends to put me on edge, however on the flip side, if I have had a practice match in the past and done really well it tends top have no positive effect in the game, I know I should be playing well anyway so doing so in a practice match bears no fruit for me personally.

No solo practice is a must, loosen the arm, relax the mind, get your bearings etc

Regards,
Greg

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 am

Can't see a problem with it myself and have played friendly games before matches on numerous occasions. I find it helps me get used to the board better as I'm going for specific targets, instead of just throwing at either the T20, T19, 50 or a couple of doubles. Must admit I don't dwell on any loose throws in friendlies or real matches so that's most likely why I don't have a problem with it lol.
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:14 am

This tip I got from a former South African open champion who currently resides in Melbourne.

Never practice scoring 20's just before a match.

Psychologically its better to warm up on Bullseyes or weird doubles like D3 or D11.

The amount of times I've hit a 180 in the pre-match warmup then to start the match throwing a 26.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 am

x2v wrote:
This tip I got from a former South African open champion who currently resides in Melbourne.

Never practice scoring 20's just before a match.

Psychologically its better to warm up on Bullseyes or weird doubles like D3 or D11.

The amount of times I've hit a 180 in the pre-match warmup then to start the match throwing a 26.

That's what I go for in my warm up darts right before my game in a match - hit three semis or bulls and it really worries the opposition lol
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't mind playing practice games either. Once the other team arrives I tend to do all over the board - 20's, Bulls, Doubles. 9 times out of 10 this Season I've hit a 180 in the practice time before the game and heard the other teams players saying things like, "I hope I don't get him in the Singles".

I think psychologically it puts you at a huge advantage if you can make the other team scared of playing you before you actually play them!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 am

I think I prefer it. I'm a slow starter sometimes and I think it's not being mentally ready to compete. A few competitive games ahead of time warms the mind up for the concentration needed ahead. If I threw well, I try to carry that confidence onward. If I threw poor, I set my resolve to grind it out if need be. If I played an opponent or they were watching, maybe they get worried by my good darts or maybe they take me too lightly because of my poor darts.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 am

ochejockey wrote:
I think I prefer it. I'm a slow starter sometimes and I think it's not being mentally ready to compete. A few competitive games ahead of time warms the mind up for the concentration needed ahead. If I threw well, I try to carry that confidence onward. If I threw poor, I set my resolve to grind it out if need be. If I played an opponent or they were watching, maybe they get worried by my good darts or maybe they take me too lightly because of my poor darts.
Oop not me for the reasons ya just gave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice games before a match!   Practice games before a match! Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice games before a match!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1