We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagespeoples thoughts james wade's post match interview LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hamo

hamo

peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview Empty
PostSubject: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:11 am

Basically just wondering what peoples views on this are? For those who didn't see it he was saying about the English crowd booing English players and booing players in general.

I can see where he's coming from in regards to the booing of players on crucial doubles and important shots but I think it was a mistake mentioning people checking the colour of their blood etc but i think he was just trying to get his point across and I have to say I agree with him in regards to the booing. People always get on his back for complaining but I say fair play for making a statement.

I do think the booing is getting out of hand as the crowds increase but I think its worse in certain venues. For instance, Belfast for the last few years has been a great atmosphere while still being respectful to the players. In my opinion its down to people who don't even like darts going for piss up. On the other hand,they have paid their money and without the fans there's no money.

Would you prefer a crowd like the lakeside, or the premier league or try and find somewhere in between??any opinions? Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:13 am

Booing just makes me try harder.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:21 am

but when theres 7000 people doing it and you need a double to win a match would it not be a bit distracting??
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:26 am

i think it's disrespectful, there are some players i cant stand but I'm not obnoxious enough to boo them at an event
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:28 am

I don't think he should've brought nationality into it. I don't think us fans support a player because of his nationality, I certainly don't though I would of course cheer on an Irish player if he was going well. Wade is one of my favourite players and I agree with him that the booing is ridiculous now, the only player who never gets booed is Taylor. Thats what happens when you have idiots going to these big events for a piss up. I don't agree that players should just block it out, its changed the outcome of several games over the past year in big TV tournaments.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:47 am

he can always switch to the bdo if he doesn't like it. no crowds, no premier league, no prize money. its not like hes the only one to have to deal with it. i prefer the premier league crowds to the corpses at lakeside. Hamo

i also don't buy the nationality whine either. suck it up wade, maybe if you didn't act like a goof on stage more people would respect ya.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:49 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
he can always switch to the bdo if he doesn't like it. no crowds, no premier league, no prize money. its not like hes the only one to have to deal with it. i prefer the premier league crowds to the corpses at lakeside. Hamo

hahaha ironic that Hamo hates sponges. I agree to an extent Bacon. However I do not believe its the crowd that makes BDO dullish. I think its the whole presentation.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:52 am

No Wade should have thought about it more, I see his point but its not really a good thing to say, afterall it was not England V Holland. Barney is a fan favourite and Wade it seems is not.

I admire him for speaking his mind though and I agree the booing has got out of control and the general level of noise and behaviour from the fans has too.

The P.D.C. and Sky are mostly to blame for that for creating a party like atmosphere at these events, which I dont think can be changed now.

Its a bit of a double edged sword in a way, because thats what has won new fans which in turn increases the money for the game, I doubt if 60% or more of the attendance would be there if it was all quiet like the B.D.O. events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:56 am

I simply don`t understand why people pay good money to see world class talent and then boo them. I also fail to see why the English boo some of their own players. Lewis and Wade take an awful abuse and to me its unjustified. Personally i`m quite patriotic so i`ll support the Irish players to the hilt but first and foremost i`m a darts fan and i`ll show respect to all the players including those that i don`t necessarily like too much.

If Wade had of threw his darts at the crowd i would have applauded the fella.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:23 am

I personally would never boo at a match, however there are those who are idiots that do, I just say ya gotta block it out. I was in a playoff final match several seasons ago and there where chairs next to the board. I ask that an opposing players and fans move from the closest one to the board as it was a distraction.In response the opposing team brought up all the players and their fans to sit there. So the end of the story I played harder and hit the winning double to win the Championship. It backfired on them with me because it made me focus harder.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:24 am

SilverSaber wrote:
I personally would never boo at a match, however there are those who are idiots that do, I just say ya gotta block it out. I was in a playoff final match several seasons ago and there where chairs next to the board. I ask that an opposing players and fans move from the closest one to the board as it was a distraction.In response the opposing team brought up all the players and their fans to sit there. So the end of the story I played harder and hit the winning double to win the Championship.

Your better disciplined then me. It would have turned into a brawl if someone did that.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:27 am

Funny I can't ever recall Simon Whitlock getting Booed! Go you good thing! win win win
I love it when they boo Taylor when he misses his 8th perfect dart? WTF
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

Has there ever been a reason to boo Simon? Pure class IMO
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:27 am

USMC80 wrote:
Has there ever been a reason to boo Simon? Pure class IMO

weeeeelllllll he does have a funny voice, does that count?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:21 am

Simon is one of my fav's and always from what I have seen is a real nice bloke.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:31 am

Bigshow wrote:
I simply don`t understand why people pay good money to see world class talent and then boo them. I also fail to see why the English boo some of their own players. Lewis and Wade take an awful abuse and to me its unjustified. Personally i`m quite patriotic so i`ll support the Irish players to the hilt but first and foremost i`m a darts fan and i`ll show respect to all the players including those that i don`t necessarily like too much.

If Wade had of threw his darts at the crowd i would have applauded the fella.

Spot on Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:59 am

didn't see it but good for wadey..letem ave it ..no mercy.not sure his skin is thick enough to handle tho cause i think he's genuinely a nice happy go lucky dude. lets put wade and hankey together- two of my faves. I think for all sports to grow and become great you have to promote both "the face" and "the heel".
Back to top Go down
TROUBLEAGAIN

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm

What goes on at the Premier league nights should stay at the Premier league. Its a box office type exhibition event, similar to the Wrestling everyone boos and cheers there favourites-The Darters know this and expect the worst. There should be rules and boundarys and when there are crossed the miscreants (love that word) should be dealt with accordingly.

The other events are different and whilst the cheering and booing should continue to a degree when a Darter is on a double respect should be given in an ideal world.
Its difficult to put the genie back in the bottle, big time professional Darts has to move with the times (In the world of Barry Hearn) and thats showbizz !!!

More of the same but chuck out the screaming idiots..
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Well I dont think the players can complain too much as if it upsets the fans they may stop going which will in turn affect their earnings, dont really think that will happen to be honest, but the players should have gotten used to it by now as it has got noisier every year.

Booing at crucial moments in a game is really bad though, not sure if they can stop that if there is a large crowd doing the booing.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:45 am

just hire some the bdo maroon blazer brigade goons to patrol the grounds with an iron fist. nein sneezing! you coughed during zee throw? SIX WEEKS IN ZEE COOLER! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:58 am

they need a penalty box for the wankers both in the crowd and at the oche. or maybe they should get a couple of those chicks from "belles and bullseyes" to bounce the loud bastards out on a log.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview   peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview Empty

Back to top Go down

peoples thoughts james wade's post match interview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-