We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesYour stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) Empty
PostSubject: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:28 am

To me the most important part of at least my darts is my stroke. Ya know when you have thrown a good dart ! it feels right don't it ! a long extended stroke by most experts (including advice from flight school) is vital. Rarely will a snatcher beat me in the end. Not saying they are not any good or haven't lost some legs to a snatcher ( have seen some very good players who snatch). But if you watch the Pro's 98% extend that arm. Me not being a pro find myself snatching here and there and it hurts my game. Was in a match the other day and was trying to end the game and was missing the bull. My captain pointed out that I wasn't extending my arm like I normally do ! Next turn bulled out . Take it for what its worth but to me your stroke is key. Again my 2 cents and opinion.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:53 am

I agree it vital and its the things I am trying hard to get right at present, when I do get it right the whole throw just feels smooth and effortless, which is a great feeling and even better when it hits the intended target! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 am

Absolutely. I know when I feel that perfect stroke and I can feel when my arm has strayed slightly left, right, high, low. I notice when my arm is tight early or fatigued late that I snatch more often.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:24 am

I've been trying to remember to extend toward the target but it was never a part of my natural throw since I have a bum shoulder.

However, all these months of playing darts have really strengthened my shoulder and now it's just a matter of breaking the old habit.

I definitely shoot more accurately with a nice full extension, but even thought my shoudler is stronger, it's still not STRONG so I fatigue very quickly when I do it.

That's ok though. That fatigue means I'm getting stronger still and my endurance will eventually get where I want it to be.
Back to top Go down
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

thank you for your informative tips guys. Cheers !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)   Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm) Empty

Back to top Go down

Your stroke, your stroke , your stroke (extend that arm)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1