We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesdarting around - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

darting around

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

darting around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Nice one Rum, I guess all retailers have issues beyond there control at some point. I think its acceptable to expect the odd one or two problems, its only when numerous people have similar issues that there has to be something wrong as a whole, but sounds to me like this was a genuine one off and i think they acted commendably in sorting it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:36 am

i agree!
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 am

rumandcork wrote:
we'll see lefty.

good news is my shafts are on the way, woohoo!..this is good because the new mccoys are wreaking havoc on my shaft supply.

the flights are discontinued- no worries about that tho

I did give the Jeff and the guys a special request/project head spin that i'll give more details about later and i'm curious to see how they respond. I also gave them a link to here so i know they're watchin.lol

hot damn! got my stuff in the mail today. AND, they also sent a couple sets of winmau rhino irish flag flights, some extra sets of opal stems AND a set of the wizlock caps. i had asked jeff in my reply if they could help me out with a robin-hooding situation with my new mccoys. I've been losing an abnormal amount of shafts due to the extremely sharp points on the new black sharks. I told him i had been curious if the wizlocks would help and that i had been apprehensive about dropping 40 bucks or so on the wizlock punch. So these guys punched all the winmau's wizlock style and threw in the caps at no cost. Now monetarily this isn't a big deal. However taking the TIME to punch the flights and send the caps speaks volumes about how they regard customer service.

Very impressed with this and quite thankful to jeff bowman and the crew at darting around. I assure you they have earned my business from now on.
thanks
Michael King
pics will go up later-gonna practice and have a guinness- CHeers!
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 am

That is fantastic service rumandcork, always good to hear of businesses looking after their customers!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Thats great customer service Rum! you cant ask for more really and well done to Jeff at Dartingaround good job
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

That's awesome news rum. I completely agree that it is awesome that they took the time to do that for you. I will update the table with a +1
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 am

just opened this email from the guys @ darting around

FREE SHIPPING!! anything over 10 bucks
Hello Darters,

Jeff has asked us to change our shipping policy and I can't believe we have agreed! If you order $10 or more and have it shipped anywhere within the US, your shipping cost is free! Yes, it is free!

Large items like: Dartboards, Back Boards, Cabinets, etc... still have the low premium shipping cost!

We are currently working on lower shipping cost to Canada. So, stay tuned!

We are still in need of testers for dart products. If you are interested in testing, send us an email to testers@dartingaround.com. As a part of the testing program, we need you to register in our forums (http://www.dartingaround.com/forums). This is where all information about the products are posted!

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am

holy crap, im ordering now!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 am

USMC80 wrote:
holy crap, im ordering now!

See about becoming a tester instead - then you'll get the stuff for free lol
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:59 am

I signed up and participated in the Whizlock testing program. I got 2 sets of flights and a set of caps for free. They just asked for an honest review to publish on the website. It was a great program.

The only problem I have had with dartingaround is the backorder issue. I totally understand not being able to keep everything in stock at all times, which is impossible. My problem came up when the following occured - barrels I ordered were out of stock, not marked as such on the website (annoying, but still understandable), I didn't find out until the rest of my items arrived (an email before shipping would have been nice, but still I can deal with this), and my credit card was charged (totally not acceptable). They didn't seem to understand why I was pissed off either. I had a back and forth email session with a few different people and I eventually picked another barrel, as mine were going to be several months out of stock. The entire thing took 3 weeks to resolve, and they lost me to a-z.

However - this whole testing program and the compelling online offers they are putting in play have lured me back. The jury is still out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 am

RedeyeSPR wrote:
I signed up and participated in the Whizlock testing program. I got 2 sets of flights and a set of caps for free. They just asked for an honest review to publish on the website. It was a great program.

The only problem I have had with dartingaround is the backorder issue. I totally understand not being able to keep everything in stock at all times, which is impossible. My problem came up when the following occured - barrels I ordered were out of stock, not marked as such on the website (annoying, but still understandable), I didn't find out until the rest of my items arrived (an email before shipping would have been nice, but still I can deal with this), and my credit card was charged (totally not acceptable). They didn't seem to understand why I was pissed off either. I had a back and forth email session with a few different people and I eventually picked another barrel, as mine were going to be several months out of stock. The entire thing took 3 weeks to resolve, and they lost me to a-z.

However - this whole testing program and the compelling online offers they are putting in play have lured me back. The jury is still out.

If that had been my experience I would not go back, for anything. The whole circumstance is understandable right up to the point of billing you for the merchandise. If the supplies were not listed as backordered, meaning you did not order them being fully aware that they were backordered, then they have no business charging you for goods they can't supply. Bad business in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 am

thanks for posting that red..and i kinda agree with lefty...its one thing to bill you for a set of flights if there on backorder at 1.25 each..but to bill you for a set of darts at 30, 40, or 50 bucks or more is rediculous when they know there on BO.

all ecommerce vendors should have live inventory a staple of their operation. I think i mentioned something about excessive backorders in a previous post.

I haven't ordered any supplies period since the backorder flight deal above. they should comp me some royalties for taking my wizlock request and spinning it off as a testing program.lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 am

I would test some darts if they send them to the U.K.! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:30 am

I emailed them enquiring about U.K testers grip, waiting to hear back Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 am

Thefox180 wrote:
I emailed them enquiring about U.K testers grip, waiting to hear back Smile

cool! good job
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Hey Rumpot, do you not have the whizlock system? I got one here with caps that i can send ya. It's brand new. I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

sure dude ill send ya something for mate.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 am

hey watson...the big brands over there should just hire you as a consultant...remember i know who you really are..

lol on floor [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by rumandcork on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix pic)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 am

don't need anything for it rum, pm me your address as i deleted it. I'll send it to ya via UPS
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 pm

thanks mac
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't ya just love this site !

Last edited by SilverSaber on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

rumandcork wrote:
hey watson...the big brands over there should just hire you as a consultant...remember i know who you really are..

lol on floor [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SSSSHHHHHH dont let them know my real identity! grip hiding
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 am

tell me this is not a great idea!!!!wow found it in the DA forum while registering!

Hello Darters,

After our meeting this morning, we have come up with a great way to give back to the customers who have made us successful! You are not going to believe this one... It's really great!

Starting this morning 6/25/12. All orders that are received that is $100 or less have a chance to enter into a bi-weekly drawing were we pay for your order. Yes, That's Correct! Jeff pulls the money from his own pocket!

Every two (2) weeks, we select one order at random and refund the purchase to your credit card, Google Wallet or PayPal account. The winner will be notified via email and with a little extra change in their account.

We will announce the winners in our forums!

Good luck everyone. The 1st winner will be announced on July 9th 2012

As Always, Shoot Well!

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:36 am

Great idea! well it's how to build a customer base and that will help for sure.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:56 pm

After reading this thread, I checked out Darting Around. They have the full Unicorn 2013 line up, so I filled my cart with all the stuff I wanted. It came to $159.73 with the free shipping. I thought that was a pretty good price and I went to Madhouse and put all the same things in that basket. Even with the 20 bucks for shipping I still saved 10 beans. I dunno
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Just goes to show then Smile
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 am

I had a tournament on September 21-23 and decided to order some extras. So I checked out Darting Around, it was actually a little cheaper than a-zdarts, which is who I usually order from. The free shipping, obviously caught my eye, then I noticed they are located in Ohio, which is SIGNIFICANTLY closer to my home (in Kentucky) than California, where a-z is located. So I decided to order from them. I ordered 5 sets of shafts, 1 set of flights, a dart mat, and a pack of those L Style Hard Lip points on September 14. Nothing had arrived by the time of the tournament so I emailed Jeff Bowman about it. After a couple of days I got a response. They told me the post office had lost the package and they would ship again when they received another mat. I was not happy, but dealt with it because they gave me a 10% refund for the wait. After another week long wait, I had still received nothing, I sent an email and got nothing in return. Then I finally received a shipment in the mail, roughly 3 weeks after my initial order. I opened the box and saw the mat... nothing else. Then a few days later I received another package. It contained two sets of shafts and the set of flights (oddly enough, the shafts and flights they sent were ones I had purchased for my gf, so I couldn't even use them). I began emailing Jeff on a daily basis asking him just to keep what I hadn't received and refund me the full price of them. I finally received an email stating they had already given me a refund. I told him I didn't want anything, I had already placed an order from a-z for the things I hadn't received yet. He told me he would look into it, I then received the Hard Lip points a few days later, then I received an email offering 15% my next order, as long as I order $60 or more and I have to use it by November 27. I can't explain how narked I am. To top it all off I STILL haven't received the 3 sets of Cosmo shafts I ordered on September 23, and it is October 15, yet I have placed an order from a-z (California to Kentucky) and received it while I await my order from a town that is roughly a 5 hour drive from my door. This is ridiculous, and I would never recommend them to anyone else
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am

I have ordered from them a couple of times and have had no issues. Everything came as ordered, Target Carrera Wallet, Laro Silent shafts, and 8 sets of R4X flights pre-punched (need to replace my punch still).

Prompt order fill, email confirming and email offering discount on next order. 3 days later my items arrived.

They do need to sort out their stock tracking. One of my orders had items that were out of stock. Website did not specify this. They sent what they had in stock and sent the rest a couple of days later when the items came in.

This can be a bad thing if you have a pressing need for what you are ordering.

All-in-all I give them a 8/10 for not having live stock tracking.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted to post an update I got from Jeff. He is a stand up guy and works hard (as some have stated) about taking care of his customers. Sometimes, as with any retailer shipping and stock issues happen that are beyond their control.

Jeff assured me that they work very hard to keep items in stock and will always fulfill an order. They do have a storefront and online presence so they move a lot of items.

Some of the issues with back-ordered items happen when they get hung up in customs. Some of the large players like Target, Unicorn and Winmau put their focus into new product lines and some of the older items get put on the back burner.

If any of you are having issues or have issues please email: mike.bowman@dartingaround.com and he will get you taken care of.

I move them up to a 9/10 because of customer service and responsiveness. They still need to get live inventory tracking built into their website. They do carry a large product line.
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 am

I wanted to check this place out, so I palced an order for some flights and shafts. Their website was a little glitchy on my old Windows XP laptop, but when I switched to my Windows 7 machine it was better. I ordered on Saturday and got my stuff on Wednesday and everything was correct, so overall I think they are pretty good. They could do some work to improve their website, but they got me my stuff fast and no backorder problems, so all said I would give them 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: darting around   darting around - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

darting around

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next