We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarting Priorities LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darting Priorities

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm

When it comes to darts, what is most important to you?

Maybe you take practice seriously. Or maybe it's important to win when playing with friends.

Is league the single most important thing for you?

Or do you look forward to going to a major tournament?

Promoting darts is another thing. Maybe even collecting.

Overall, what attracts you to darts?

My priorities have changed since I last played. Years ago I was obsessed with the big tournaments. I would

travel anywhere just so I could compete against the world's best. All the guys from the UK. That's what

would get my juices flowing. Today I get really excited about a special practice session at home. Sometimes

I will catch fire and really think I can play like the worlds best. That's about all I look forward to.

Those few minutes when I light the board up. Unfortunately I have ZERO desire to go to

tournaments again. The entire scene turns me off. The drinking, the dart shirts, people acting WAY too serious, etc...

I could care less about leagues. Takes all my energy to even go out on Thursday's and watch some matches.

Don't get me wrong though. I love darts. It's in my blood. But it's funny how my priorities have changed over the years.

Let's hear what's important to you...
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 pm

i took up darts just as something to occupy me in doors . i was a very heavy drinker for a long long time and well long story short i had to give it up and spend more time indoors . darts seamed like a good idea as i can play in the front room with the family and it not that expensive. the thing is the more i play the more i want to play other people and test myself. this is the down side of darts that it's mostly played in pubs ! still a bit to much temptation for me there to get back into old habits so for the foreseeable future i'll remain in my house.
i would love to be good enough to play in tournaments , but even if i was good enough i doubt i could do the traveling with having a family plus up until a few months ago i have traveled about working since i was a teenager i'm getting used to being at home with my family.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

like most people the first thing you throw at is the bull then you hear about that little one worth 60 points so you try and hit that then you just want to get a 180 like they get on tv now I want back to back 180's. then Ill want a 9 darter then itll be back to back 9 darters then the hat trick where does it stop.

Its stoped for me at the back to back max's sooooo close too many times when I get it Ill prob quit. NNAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

so for me I guess I just want to improve http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:51 pm

I like darts because at my age I can still compete and beat the young fellas. I can't out run , weight lift, arm wrestle or many,many other things but I can with darts so far. Practice I take seriously and when playing with friends I want to win its my nature. I like helping new players and enjoy playing in league. I play in St Augustine , Fla and live in Palm Coast. Next year am committed to the AM-Vets club of St. Augustine but after that will probably play in the Palm Coast league. This forum takes up a lot of my time which I enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:30 pm

My main priority would be league I think.

I love the challenge of pitting myself against others of similar skill. Im not overly keen on tournaments as I dont throw well at them. But I am wanting to try out for the state side in the next few years before I get too old.

But most of all #1 priority is to play to the best of my ability and have fun.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 pm

My main priority is to keep enjoying the game - once I stop enjoying it is when it all gets dumped in the dustbin (well put on ebay anyway lol)
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Right now County games are where my focus lies. Local league for me now is just a bit of fun and a bit of match practice, the County match is where i want to play my best darts Smile Although i do try my hardest in regular league games i know i'm good enough to beat most of the other players even if i'm only playing at 50% of what i'm capable of......... which tends to make me take it less seriously and therefore play worse Laughing

Really want to win the league singles trophy again this year though so will be fully focused on doing a job when that comes around ;)
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
getagrip

getagrip

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 pm

my main priority is to get more darts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 am

Crazy Grip
getagrip wrote:
my main priority is to get more darts! Very Happy
as usual Crazy Grip
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 am

I just liked learning and feeling add if i was progressing. I did a lot better at darts than i ever would have expected. Big thanks for that goes to F light School of course!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
Vallyr

Vallyr

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 am

Focus
Back to top Go down

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 am

for me it goes like this

Comps= top of my list as this is were i excell

Practice= where i work on my game

League/superleague/County= i play now and again as i dont enjoy playing in a team. My darts suffer when i do play league as i dont enjoy it give me comps/practice any day
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Lion, its funny you say you dont like league. I know a couple of blokes that are the same. Put them in a tournie and you wont get near them, but in league they are very beatable.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm

look at whitlock he was on around 23 ave before going to uk and i know jimbo your not far or if not around that mark mate
Back to top Go down

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Lion, its funny you say you dont like league. I know a couple of blokes that are the same. Put them in a tournie and you wont get near them, but in league they are very beatable.

same as me then i am very hard to beat in comps but getabale in the league
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am

My main priority is to enjoy the game.

The lads I grew up with have wives, girlfriends, babies and mortgages so it is difficult to get the lads together because of commitments so when we play in the league it's not just about trying to win, it's about spending time doing something you love with your best mates.

Back to top Go down
cldiver

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 am

My main priority is to get good at a new skill. I love that this is not coming easily to me, that keeps driving me to improve.
It's been just over a year but it seems like last week I started playing....especially when I look at my scoring (smile).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darting Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darting Priorities   Darting Priorities Empty

Back to top Go down

Darting Priorities

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1