We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 pm

I did this review for another site a while ago and it seemed to be well received, as i don't go on that site anymore I thought I would bring the review with me boom
I have had it about 12 months and have re-pointed 30+ sets of darts with it and still good as new (aside from the packaging 🐷 )

I think you can make a good comparison with the Trulon machine (review by admin is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Not saying this is any better as I know people prefer the Trulon machine over the Unitool and vice versa.

The tool in its foam packaging (ideal for holding the points as you can see) and the victim, a lovely 23g custom made dart:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So the dart is placed into the rivet gun type hole at the top of the tool.

And with a quick sqeeze (very easy) the point is pulled from the dart.

Posted this picture to show the small scuffs that are left on old points, and one of the hands of graft, 20+ years of grappling dogs and bending steel has resulted in the far from manicured look.... ;)

So next the new point is lined up with the hole in the barrel and aligned into the small cup on the handle of the tool, the threaded attatchment is screwed into the base of the barrel.

With a few turns (is quite stiff the first few goes but becomes very easy after a few sets) the point is pushed into the barrel. Again, after repointing a couple of sets its quite easy to be able to tell when the point is in all the way erradicating the chances of squashing a point by forcing it in too far.

Finally the repointed dart, which incidentally are available for swap 8-)

I was tempted with the Trulon machine but took the gamble and chose the Unitool (£34.99 from eBay) and after initial little problems like the threads being quite stiff and over doing the force and squashing a couple of points, I can repoint a set in a couple of minutes easily. As you can also see it does leave 3 or 4 small scuffs on old points but for me, they are being changed as the are knackered anyway so the marks make no difference. Also the nicks make great board grips if you prefer.

Cheers,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:14 am

Nice job on review mate
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 am

Nice one!, I quite fancy the Target re-pointer, but its very costly, still knowing me I will probably get one at some point excuse the pun. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 am

Cheers, only down side to this I have found is that it will not remove Storm points, but an adjustable spanner and a pair of plyers will no problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:18 am

Nice review Rebel. Me and a friend are considering getting one of these between us, either this one or the Harrows one. Can you put in Storm points with this or is it just taking them out thats the problem?
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 am

Just taking them out, puts them in no problem.

Only points that had any issue putting in were the knurled finger grips (like in Beaton Winmau darts), they were a little tight when removing the dart once re-pointed but came out with a little force.
Other than that had no issues either removing or inserting any points.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks for the info, would love to put some Storm points on my Nicholsons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)   Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-