We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAlan Evans darts 22g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Alan Evans darts 22g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Alan Evans darts 22g Empty
PostSubject: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Got these in a private deal a few weeks ago, was not so sure if they were the genuine article but I have seen them in an old 1970's magazine so I now know they are so guess they are very rare!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look very similar to the generic Bristow darts, but who had them first Bristow or Evans?, my guess would be Evans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
kamikersie

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:33 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
malc1947

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 am

i don't think that is a genuine alan evans dart case, as i have a set i bought in the 70s & my case is not like that, it has a picture of alan evans on the case, sorry, although the darts look right. Unfortunately my grandson took my darts in the garden & lost one, so i am looking for a replacement
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 am

the "darts" on the case look a bit like .... eh you know Laughing
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 am

I know which case you mean Malc1947, if its the one im thinking of its all red, but they could still well be genuine it wasn't uncommon to change the design of case of players darts, and seeing has grip has a picture of it in a 70s mag, they must be genuine just not the same case as yours. Nice Darts Grip. Got my vote
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am

I think there is a few Alan Evans cases out. But it was the darts I seen in the ad. I have seen the same case too in an early 70's mag which was exactly the same but without the Alan Evans name on. But I also have an Alan Evans case with his pic on too. But as the colour of the design of the darts is the same as the writing I assume they are genuine.

The case is made of Porvair it says in the mag. A soft plastic material.

The other case I have is red and white too and has a pic of Alan Evans on and also has some faded silvertrim writing on. The darts that I got with them though are a bit strange, they look like they may have been Evans darts but looks like the rings have been smoothed out and a funny wavy pattern applied. Dont know if that was done by the owner or if they were bought like that?

Also welcome to the forum malc1947 welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 am

The case does look a little perfect.

I think Grip is mass producing knock offs in the basement.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sp

Sp

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am

jamie373 wrote:
the "darts" on the case look a bit like .... eh you know Laughing

I think you should see a doctor mate lol
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

The case is made of Porvair it says in the mag. A soft plastic material.

You show off grip, no cheap leather for you Lol lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:04 pm

LOL I am sure its the same stuff on my trainers on the tongue part.

Back to top Go down
Harrowsarrows

Harrowsarrows

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 am

There were several different Alan Evans cases and barrel designs over the years. Silvertrim used to be based near me. The one most people remember is the red case with the pic of Evans on but that came with the Crown Miniture sets not Silvertrim. Seen at least 3 different Alan Evans Silvertrim case designs one of which is shown on the advert i posted elsewhere in this section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Evans darts 22g   Alan Evans darts 22g Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Evans darts 22g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Show Us Your......... :: Rare Or Unusual Darts-