We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPostage Costs LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Postage Costs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:10 am

Very tricky subject this.

Royal Mail on the 2nd April will increase their prices & the way they calculate prices.

So I have a question for you:

I see a lot of people complaining/commenting on postage prices from online companies.

Traditionally online companies hold their product prices low so that you purchase from them. But I have noticed that there is a trend to favouring companies with slightly higher selling price but low postage.

Bearing in mind that the customer is fully protected by their credit card & that the retailer has to prove that the product was delivered in order not to receive a chargeback, & bearing in mind that it has been know for a few unscrupulous people to say a product wasn't delivered when it was, I am interested to know:

1. what is more important for you? Low retail price but correct post, package & handling charge (PPH) or higher retail price & low PPH?
2. are you happy to pay for a recorded delivery service where you can guarantee the product turns up, or are you happy for the retailer to risk sending without a signature for a lower PPH but risk losing products or false chargebacks?

It would be really helpful if you could help with this research.

Thanks
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitidarts.com
djrocs88

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am

Well from my stand point and I have ordered a few sets now from A180 and I live in Canada, its the lowest price overall. I don't need any fancy overnight shipping that costs more or anything like that. I have ordered and had it shipped as cheap as I can. Each time it has come to me in around ten days and I have been happy!! In fact I receive orders from the U.K faster then I do from the states for about the same price.
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:33 am

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Have you ever had anything go missing?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:36 am

I'm not fussed by the prices (although yes, cheaper would be best lol) but my biggest gripe with one particular site was they didn't show their prices including the VAT, even though they are in the UK, until you got to the checkout stage. They have since rectified this situation.

I have just found out another retailer though that I use quite often has not been including the VAT on the postage costs on their website - so their £1 flat postage is actually £1.20 once the VAT is added.

So my comment would be as long as you show the full prices of everything including the VAT - both on goods and postage - then I'm a happy bunny Smile
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 am

OK, that makes sense. I have just been looking at ours & the item page shows the price including VAT & then when you go to checkout it shows full price including VAT. I think that is OK.

What I am more concerned with is that the price of posting a set of darts will be nearly £4.00 for Recorded Delivery. That isn't including packaging or handling.

So how important is it that that items are well packed?
Back to top Go down
TrollTheLocalPatriot

TrollTheLocalPatriot

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 am

Hi I am from Latvia. For me most important is total cost I pay . For example Pure darts offer lowest prices on items ,but there delivery cost is 10 quid ,and because of that I don't use them . My standard order is 10 flight sets and 10 stem sets.And because of that I cant get those 10 quid back even if flight is 10p cheaper a set . For that reason I like Darts Warehouse (NZ company)free Worldwide shipping if order is bigger then 10 $ . I pay just for product ,not salary of postman.But I cant use them as much as I wanted ,because there is limit of 22 euros of non EU delivery. If you go over it ,you need to pay big Tax .So if they have special offer or clearance item that is under 22 euro mark I go with them.I buy at A180 most of time. Shipping is charged on weight and because of that my total is lower despite they charge little more on items. I dont care how my package is done,but if I dont receive my items ,I probably don't use that shop anymore (All so far was delivered top notch from all places I bought from)
Hope this helps
Troll live from under the bridge
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am

I totally understand your point.

But, you say if you don't receive your items you dont use the shop anymore, what about if it is a signed for service where the items can be traced?

May cost a little more but guaranteed delivery.

Also, you mention about not paying the postmans salary, who does then??? It is a fair comment but just need to clarify your thinking?

Also, if the prices were higher, but it was all free shipping, would that be better?
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 am

Fair prices and standard delivery........all packages should be treated the same and all have insurance.....The Post should be held accountable for all lost or damaged products!!!! They are providing a service and should do their best to make sure all is sent to where it is going!!!! Signed for and tracked delivery is just a money grab for the government!!!! My 2 cents!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 am

I don;t like to pay extra for postage. Keep the price down,
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 am

All fair points.

Realistically we know that doesn't happen with the postal system does it???

So, do you feel sorry for the retailer if your item doesn't turn up? Do you claim it back from your credit card if an item doesn't turn up? Do you expect the retailer to replace the item if it doesn't turn up?

What about people who have a lower ethical standard than most? I have experience of eBay customers who have said the item hasn't turned up, claimed their money back, but still got the item!!!

I guess that it is a difficult one to answer.

Do you think dealers should pay for insurance on all post & just charge standard post?

Sorry for all the questions!!!
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 am

That is where signed for comes in handy...than you know that the person received their item!!!
And all items should be tracked and signed for a small extra cost!!
If I ship to someone in Canada from Canada....there is more fees than you can shake a stick at!!!! But it is all insured and tracked!!! But I hate the fact that I can send a set of darts to California for like $8.....and the same set to Toronto cost me $17....doesn't make sense!!!
So the retailer, once it is in the hands of the post...they should be held accountable if something does go missing!!! But it will never happen!!!! So signed and Tracked is the way to go to make sure that all is well with your order!!! Retailers should get a flat rate from the post to help out with shipping!!! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 am

Thankyou for that. It is very helpful. The only issue is that the UK postal system has changed the way they are working & the prices have gone through the roof.

So another question (as they all groan LOL)

Does speed of shipping matter?

So I can do a cheaper postage rate if it goes second class signed, rather than first signed.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am

I order from China and Hong Kong....waited for almost 30 days....so if I'm not in a hurry for it...I don't care....as long as I get it!!!! So to answer your question...second class would be fine for me!!!
Back to top Go down
Infiniti Darts

Infiniti Darts

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 am

Great, thankyou very much for your replies! All good information

Cheers
Mike
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 am

I think most items I have bought (and I have bought a lot) have been sent by standard post and I dont think there has ever been a case from online retailers where I never got my item.

I think for peace of mind if the total order is high then it is probably best to send it recorded for the retailer, its a shame there is some people out there who say they have not received and item when they have though, but most people are genuine.

So its difficult to advise you as a retailer what the best solution is. Cheaper second class recorded would be fine I guess.

The Royal Mail is strange though, I have sent items 2nd class that have arrived in the Shetlands quicker than a 1st Class sent to London confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TrollTheLocalPatriot

TrollTheLocalPatriot

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for showing interest what your customers want .About shipment tracking ,I dont know like I said ,all my orders have been delivered. Some was with tracking darts corner some wasn't like a180 ,I really cant answer . If I had lost some darts I would be fan of tracking ,but because all was good for me so far I will go for cheapest option. Bookdepository offer tracking ,but there shipping is free(I understand they have different volumes and because of that they can afford it.)About postman salaries-if It isn't rubbed in my nose I am happy guy ,it is psychological thing. I understand UK is homeland ,but I dont like that delivery for UK is 1 quid ,but I need to pay 10 quid (and I cant get even a dartboard for that money) .I have stupid psychological feeling that for that difference I pay also for my UK forum member shipping .About higher prices no shipping cost -average shipping cost to me country is 6 quid (Madhouse darts,Dartscorner,RedDragon,DartsAttack)I am buying with me calculator ,and if total costs will be lowest I will buy from you. Darts warehouse only place that offers free shipping.Sell there own made darts Puma and Shot . For smaller prices then DC + like I said free shipping . Because they sell straight from manufacturer to costumer (That how I understand it)but target points on their shop cost almost twice as in UK stores. If you raise product price ,but offer free shipping,you may attract me and other international costumers how want to save their total costs,but you can lose the bigger slice that is UK darters.Because all UK shops offer 1 pound shipping .And free shipping isn't that important to them .They are more interested in speedy delivery communication and item not shipping costs
Hope that this helps
Troll live from under the bridge
Back to top Go down
djrocs88

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Infiniti I have never had an item gone missing and to me the cheapest way is the best wether it takes time. I f I am ordering from an online retailer then I am more into savings then I want it now. If I wanted it right away I would go local and pay more. HOWEVER I am an honest person and will not receive my order and then try for another from the retailer by claiming I never received anything because I did not have to sign either like some lowlifes I am sure have done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Postage Costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postage Costs   Postage Costs Empty

Back to top Go down

Postage Costs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-