We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMetroline Guardian LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Metroline Guardian

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
heinsmd

heinsmd

Metroline Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Metroline Guardian   Metroline Guardian EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Specks:
Hard side plastic case
Approximately 10.25" x 8.25" x 3"

Holds 5 sets of darts (adverts say 10 but you have to double up darts)
2 tip tubes
2 storage boxes
1 quarter tube
extra holding space

Cost is around $22-$25

It is a hard side plastic case. I am not a fan of the softside fabric cases Metroline is more know for. The hard plastic is easy to clean and dry off. My first dart case was a Metroline fabric case and I got rid of it after someone spilled a beer on it, I could not get the smell out. It will also not rip or tear. I also like the slide closer over the traditional latches you find on most hard cases. I can see were after a lot of use the slides could get worn and not lock as tight. There are also holes that you could put a pad lock through if you choose.

Inside on the "lid" is a row of foam that has 15 slots. I say it holds 5 sets of darts Metroline says 10. So far (1 week of use) my darts have not fallen out of the holder. (even after some vigorous shaking, and being dropped on the floor several times.)

on the bottom half (working from left to right in the picture)
2 tip tubes, these are nice because only one side of the tubes open, other cases I have owned there are stoppers on both ends. multitask
1 quarter tube. This is a feature I was having a hard time finding tube holds about $20 in quarters.
Open space. Another feature I was having a hard time finding. The space is large enough to hold my plumbers tape, and a multi-tool, a bag of rosin and a flight punch.
2 storage boxes. The boxes are to store flights and other small bits. I like the boxes for flights over the little pockets some cases provide because I have fat fingers and sometimes getting those flights in and out are a real pain. I use the other box for extra stems and shell lock rings.

The down side is the foam insert on the bottom does not seem to be the right size, or just doesn't fit right. It is glued on the bottom but not on the sides. The tip and coin tubes seem a touch to big for it, but on the plus side they stay snug.

After having this a week I would buy it again. The extra open space is a huge seller for me. Being able to have my multi-tool and having it stay one place is a big deal. Same with the quarter tube.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Metroline Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroline Guardian   Metroline Guardian EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice review mate, gets a +1 from me.

Those cases do look great though. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

Metroline Guardian

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1