We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow much grip do you like on your darts? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How much grip do you like on your darts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

On a scale of 1-10 how much grip do you like on your darts?
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap14%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 4% [ 1 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap14%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 4% [ 1 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap117%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 17% [ 4 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap10%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
 4% [ 1 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap113%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 13% [ 3 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap122%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 22% [ 5 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap113%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 13% [ 3 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap10%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_lcap122%How much grip do you like on your darts? Vote_rcap1
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

How much grip do you like on your darts? Empty
PostSubject: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 am

Feel free to comment on what kind of grip you like as well. Whether it be ringed, knurled, smooth, a combination or whatever.
I'm working on something and would like to see what you guys and gals prefer.
1 being slippery smooth and 10 being make your fingers sore super grippy.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 am

I don't like too much grip. The razor grip tends to catch on one finger more than the others and throws it off. My darts have rings, but they're so worn in that the edges are rounded off and provide me just enough.
Problem is, you can't buy them like that. Curious to see if there are any others out there similar to me.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 am

I've gone for 7.

Too much grip like razor grip and I struggle to let them go, I hold the dart as lightly as I can and so mine have a purist type grip cut into the knurled section where I grip - is working pretty well for me just now.

To look at, it resembles 2 cigarette lighter wheel's stuck together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 am

I like a lot of grip so choose 10- Razor grips for me- they wear down after awhile to say a 7 . - on the 1-5 scale I like the 5 and it usually calms down to a 4 after a while from hitting each other and the floor lol.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 am

really like the phase 6 grip , my harrows ice are a bit too grippy , but then i still have a deep cut in my finger so thats putting me off them at the moment . i also liked my hankeys i had before just put off by the lack of a spot to feel for grip placement for constant repeatability if thats a word lol. IMO a repeatable grip is no1 . don't like scallops
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 am

The Masons have a verry shallow scallop and are great arrows IMO
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:29 am

i think they may be better than other scallops i've used , what i mean is my finger placed in the scallop would basically be used to stabilise the dart. in others they scallop is where my thumb would go and with me they tend to land flights pointing to the right which leads me to think that it make me put slightly more force on one side of the dart ????
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 am

I used to root around for the same grip spot on the barrel until recently - then I realised, for me the most important part is getting my middle finger in the right spot on the point, then by the natural size of my hand I find my thumb and finger sit the same on the dart every time.

Works for me as it takes my focus from where my fingers are to where the T20 is.

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 am

I like a smooth ring grip. Razor or shark grip seems to catch a finger and throw things off. Even smooth barrels are pretty good for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 am

i said a 6
Back to top Go down
Franz

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 am

Saber wrote:
I like a lot of grip so choose 10- Razor grips for me- they wear down after awhile to say a 7 . - on the 1-5 scale I like the 5 and it usually calms down to a 4 after a while from hitting each other and the floor lol.

Me too
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am

I went for a 7. I like a fair bit of grip as my fingers tend to dry out and get slippery.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 am

I'm not fussed, the shape of the barrel is more important to me. I have used both smooth and grippy darts but it always boils down to the shape.
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:58 am

10,because i like pixel grip its awesome
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am

spat66 wrote:
I like a smooth ring grip. Razor or shark grip seems to catch a finger and throw things off. Even smooth barrels are pretty good for me

Yeah, me too.
Back to top Go down
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Agreed. Depends on the barrel and other influences.

Warm days I like a dart with a smoother grip/finish, colder days my hands dry out and I like heavy grip.
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am

Thanks for the imput guys! Glad to see it's all over.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 am

razor/shark grip and haven't turned back.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 am

I used to really like the knurled gorilla grip. Then I discovered micro grip. They became my favorite until I realized that after some usage they need to be cleaned in order to get the grip back. I have been using McCoy Tankbuster and whatever grip they have, I confess I don't know, is by far my favorite. It's similar to the Lewis Natural Tungsten darts. There may be a slightly larger spacing between the grips
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 am

Nice point Lefty. Ringed grip can vary wildly depending on the depth, width of grooves, and distance between grooves.
It's easier for me to throw the darts with small close together rings. It's not too much grip. I love the all of the differences we have.
So far after 20 votes (including my vote of 3) we're averaging 6.45. I didn't really have an expectation, but now that I think about it, that's probably about where it'd be.
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

i actually liek a deep radius groove for the thumb. i have 2 darts w/ this kind of grip and like it a lot. when i get time i'm probably going to machine similar thumb groves into these ringed barrels i've been using.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much grip do you like on your darts?   How much grip do you like on your darts? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much grip do you like on your darts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1