We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts addict overdose LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts addict overdose

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

Darts addict overdose Empty
PostSubject: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:20 am

The title says it, At the moment I feel that I have had a Dart overdose, I seem to live and breath darts, from the start of the day till not being able to go to sleep at night, If Iam not throwing or reading or talking even wrighting, working with the numbers,talking numbers.Looking and searching darts, taking in as much imput my brain can take. Its like a burnout. My arm is tyred from all the trainings, and matches. It feels like a dart depession, maybe expecting more out of my game than what is comming back. I have not thrown a dart now for almost 36hr and I think it was easer to give up smoking and like when I tryed to have a break from the grog. I need a break, but for how long.
Darts Nutz Advice Team please help.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 am

best thing that happened to me is when my internet went down for a week , hit 6 180's in 4 days! back on and i spend far too much time looking at darts and reading up on darts related things. need to play more and get my arse of here !
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 am

I know the feeling but you just have to reign it in and relax for a while, its harder for me to do as I have to help run the forum but do something else for a few days or a couple of weeks and have a break. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
1in1out

1in1out

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 am

same here got dropped last monday night leauge game reacted badly to the two selectors ott bigtime if i could give myself the punishment i would suspend myself for rest of season might do the team and myself the world of good i would still turn up and warm up and support the lads like jamie said to much time on here not enough time throwing
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 am

You need to find the correct balance. Too much of one thing is not good for you.

Make time for yourself to do other things. Go for a walk or go to a movie with your missus.

Try taking a few days away from darts. Otherwise it will become a chore and you will tire of it and lose interest.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 am

Excess is best! In everything! Lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

spat66 wrote:
Excess is best! In everything! Lol
I'll drink to that - yeah take a break here and there.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Well Kev, I read a book about different people who became giants in their chosen fields and two things stood out:

1) to master a musical instrument or atheletic skill, the magic number of hours to do so is 10,000
2) those who obtained the level of master had an obsession with their craft bordering on compulsion

You never know, there might be a method to your madness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
FOG

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:50 am

I can understand being addicted to the darts. I even take mine to the bathroom, yeah its that bad. My wife asked why in ell do you take them with you to bathroom, well love of my life the light is better and I can check the damage that Flight Schools A2 and A3 has done. Well needless to say I get the look with the arms folded.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:47 am

A healthy balance is needed to not burn yourself out Kev. I still put in 2 hours a day practice no matter what else is going on around me but that is all. Are you still searching for that perfect darts set up if you are looking at darts all the time, or are you completely satisfied with the darts you have and are currently using? Ask yourself too what am I trying to achieve from the game and this may help you to focus on just a couple of areas that are the most important to you instead of trying to do it all. It is very easy to make darts your life especially when you are playing well and all is good but the oche is a lonely place when things go bad and you are playing badly. Set yourself up a routine for research and practice and then do other things around them as you must have a Darts, Life, Balance or you will start to suffer the consequences my friend.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am

Sage advice Big that I need to adhere to.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 am

I like to do carpentry...totally takes me away from everything!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks grip, jimbo, nucky,and Big gun.
I have told my self to take a 2 week break from throwing.
I beleave the advice, bigest promblem has been only worked 2 days in the last 2 months. No work, stay home and play darts, go out and play darts. I am happy with my job, so not looking to change. I will be a better player when I use the advice.
Going to a wellness spar. To relax. No dart boards there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts addict overdose   Darts addict overdose Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts addict overdose

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1