We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPlaying Doubles LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Playing Doubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Looking for some advice on tactics (tips) in doubles.
I would like a group of friends to play a friendly tournament against a club.
As we are only 01 players,
and will be playing 3 games of doubles,6 games of 501 singles.
Is there any advice,on game strategies
to play best mates together,
or the inform players together,
or is it a luck of a draw,
I have no idea were to start with a team.
Looks like I can get 7 ok players together.
The main thing is we will play as a team!!!.
Just for fun. ( say the loosers)
I just like to have a idea first.
Be a bit prepared.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Our league matches involve 3 doubles and 6 singles matches.I think knowing your partner always goes a long way in doubles games. me and my doubles partner always play together and have only been beat once this season. I know if im having a slightly off night I can rely on my mate to pull his weight and vice versa.

We have tried rotating the other 2 teams players to the in-form players etc and the in-form teams have been beat on more than one occasion.

my advice would be to get set partners (possibly who have played together in the past) and get them playing together and abit of team consistancy.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 pm

what I like about doubles (that is all we play in league) is that your partner, we actually rotate partners, is observing you and can help you with either outs and delivery, its great motivation because you are now playing in the moment NOT to let your teammate down
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 am

as loopdog said... it's no longer between you and the board. makes for great motivation.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 am

thanks basketcasE, I want to clarify that when playing with a partner you don't want to let him down...I don't want to be the reason we lost that game.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 am

I always ask me partner whats is their fav double out and tell them mind.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 am

Saber wrote:
I always ask me partner whats is their fav double out and tell them mind.

can we have that in English now please good job lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 am

Hi Kev Here in the Uk we play that same set up 3x pairs and 6 singles 501 best of 3. We always do a blind draw for both. So your 6 names go in the hat for the pairs and they get drawn out in order of play 1 and 2 on first 3 and 4 on second 5 and 6 on third, they normally throw in that order too so it avoids any confusion by this I mean plater 1,3 and 5 will throw 1st in their games. You would then put your 6 singles in to be picked when the doubles has finished.

I think that a blind draw is best if you are all relatively new as it it the simplest way and the fairest.

The art of winning when doing this style though is to not put your worst players in the pairs as many tend to do as they think a good player will carry a bad one and it doesn't always work like that sometimes the bad one brings the good one down to his level. If you have your best 6 in the pairs and come in 3-0 up you only need 2 wins in the singles to win the match so the pressure is off a little. Also pairs is much slower between your throws so even good players struggle with pairs a little. Players have to think about their partners likes and dislikes when setting up shots too so pairs is a harder game to play.

The other way to consider is that you still do a blind draw to the other captain but you can pick where your players play so I mean the order of play for your players as some don't like 1st but others like myself dislike last so then it becomes a more strategic game of knowing where your opponents are likely to position their best players so you can do the same or give a leg away by putting your worst player on 1st if you think they will have their best player on 1st.. This system can be fun as you both then take your teams to the table already drawn to finalise it on 1 sheet to see who is playing who from both orders. This is half way between the 1st system and the one below. We play this way in our Super League.

A step on from that is when the home team write down their team in the order they want to play and give it to the away team for them to choose who they want to play against and that is even more strategic but a good bit of fun.

So always keep your best players for the pairs and only play a weaker player in the singles as he won't drag down or demoralise a good player if he plays bad as it will just be his or her own fault. One of my captains always played an old boy every 2nd or 3rd week who had been coming in to the pub for 50 years he could barely see and stunk of pee he was exceptionally poor and struggled to get 3 in the board, his theory was play him in the pairs as he would be carried and who do you think got him every time YES ME!!! and it wound me up every time as he cost me a pint when we lost as my tons and 140's were only 80's after he scored 11 or 19 etc and the pair we played hit 85's and tons so now you might see what I mean as I only stayed for 2 seasons as he wouldn't change his system.

Hope this helps a little and good luck
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks Darts Nutz, . Some good tips .

wow Thanks Big Gun. I can take alot from what you rote. I will have alot better idea now.
But realy looking foward to my first team event. Just a bit of effort to get every thing and every one together. So at least when we arrive, in the back of my mind it will be with a bit less stress.
Kev I thank you for your time. (I hope you type faster than me) alot of work away from the board.
Straight darts Kev
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playing Doubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Doubles   Playing Doubles Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing Doubles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1