We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesslik sticks LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

slik sticks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
djrocs88

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 am

I see lots of discussions on here about nylon versus aluminum shafts but I never see slik sticks mentioned. I was just wondering how they are for standing up to a beating without breaking and if they hold the flight as well as they should.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:10 am

I have never had a problem with Slik Stiks, find them very robust, they hold the flights well and fly very nicely, I just happen to prefer nylons.

If I do ever change from nylons I wouldn't hesitate swapping to Sliks, they are very nice IMO.
Back to top Go down
the guru

the guru

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

hi
i use slikstiks my opinion is there isnt any difference personally. but the advantage is your not picking flights up from the floor all the time LOL.
Back to top Go down

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I tried them. I can't seem to get slim flights to fit in very well.

I'd prob use them if they did fit.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Pentathlon and Unicorn slim flights fit in them- my phase 5s came with slim flights
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

I started using them last month.
I tried some unicorn slim and DMX flights in them, but found they sit in a bit loose.
So I use the slim amazon flights which are a bit longer and thicker. Have to force them in as are a little too long. But when they are in they don't move around.
Really like them as dont get Robin Hoods like when I used the deflectagrip.
Also provide a bit more flex when hit with another dart, and dont get as many bad deflections (into the 1's and 5's).
They are also cheap for the alloy base ones, which also now have the screw in plastic tops. All plastic slik stiks are also cheap and offer a bit more flexability.Think the phase 5 and sigma ones are well over priced. Also the phase 5 ones are quite heavy at 1.97 grams.
Back to top Go down
djrocs88

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks guys. Sounds like they are not so bad
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

I will ONLY use slik stiks. They are the best shaft system on the market.

It's true that not all brands of flights fit in them.

It's true that they are more expensive UP FRONT

It's true that there are only two or so length schemes

It's probably true that you'll never get sponsored by target if you use slik sticks on your Carrera's

But its also true that when I switched over to them I was only picking up one flight for every 10,000 i picked up with a regular shaft, I only had to replace 1 broken top for every 100 broken/bent/destroyed regular shafts, only ever had to replace ONE stik base EVER, and that the magnesium base/combo is lighter than a regular shaft while the ti one is much heavier(allowing to have more control over C.O.G), it's also true that the tops flex better out of the way than any nylon or spinner top I ever used.

I have saved more money when I switched to slik stiks(metal base with plastic top combo) then I EVER spent on regular shafts. Replacing about one top a month when I use them for 2-4 hours nightly.

Only real down side is the tops do warp a little over time because the plastic is softish

Also they make sighting the dart 1000's better but equal to some other systems out there.

It's not that they are nice to have its that I can't afford not to have them!
Back to top Go down
djrocs88

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 am

thanks Vallyr! Now that brings one more question to mind then. When darts group close together with regular flights often the flight will pop off but with the slik stik it can't... so does that mean you rip more flights or does the stik just flex?
Back to top Go down
FOG

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:18 pm

I love these I used them with my 18,16, and 14 gram soft tip darts and only broke one or two plastic tops in a month. For Xmas I received my first steel tip board the Blade 4 and set of 24 gram purist 2 darts. While doing my best to get use to the weight of these monsters and getting my sight adjusted to the smaller board I practiced Flight School A2 and A3, in tight grouping I have broke 9 tops since January. I love these I'll just have to stock up on the tops.
Back to top Go down
Franz

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm curious about Sliksticks and I'd like tro try. I've just a couple of questions: are the metal bases and plastic tops of the same lenght (I've check on pure darts an I've found some differents versions)? What version is the most resistent? Will Sliksticks fit with Harrows Combat flights and Sigma Pro flights?
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 am

I use the black Phase 5 shafts. The Sigma Pro flights fit perfectly, but the Sigma Super Pro flights do not. I don't know about the Combat flights. With the replacable top shafts I think they are all pretty much the same length. They may vary a little, but only 1 or 2 mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

slik sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: slik sticks   slik sticks Empty

Back to top Go down

slik sticks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1