We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea Empty
PostSubject: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

What I'm looking for is a 90-95% tungsten dart with slant nose that storms fit nicely (like McCoy Sabers) weight 27gm- dia 6.75-6.85mm length 53-54.5mm.
First part of dart after the smooth slant would be ringed like purists until Ya get to where I grip it (see show ya grip for my grip-similiar to Taylor's) the area where I grip would be razor grip like the MCoys then after ringed again. 2ba of course with storm points. what am trying to do is have a dart where my grip is constant and can feel where to place -am I making sense I hope.
Goofy has said that he would help with the drawing as I'm not any good at it.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

Larry you should talk to this guy at sinister. I have been talking to him,they do really nice work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - he's in California
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am

I'll 2nd that Saber. I've seen quite a few of Sinister's pics on Facebook. Very nice stuff. The ONLY reason I choose Elven over Sinister was because of the copper tungsten. Sinister didn't have ct stock at the time.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob 2705

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

JD wrote:
I'll 2nd that Saber. I've seen quite a few of Sinister's pics on Facebook. Very nice stuff. The ONLY reason I choose Elven over Sinister was because of the copper tungsten. Sinister didn't have ct stock at the time.
Out of interest JD, Why do you prefer Copper Tungsten over Standard? Or did you just want to try it out?

Many Thanks,

James
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

Yea I don't know if he ever has copper tungsten. I'm waiting on him to get longer tungsten billets, he only has 2" (50mm) at the moment. He has a 4 to 5 week wait at the moment. He's pretty busy. $125.00
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 am

got web site? or just FB

Last edited by Saber on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by JD on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am

Jimbob 2705 wrote:
JD wrote:
Out of interest JD, Why do you prefer Copper Tungsten over Standard? Or did you just want to try it out?

Many Thanks,

James

I had never tried it before. Basically it turned out to be an expensive experiment. I sold the darts within the week for about 1/2 of what I paid. Live and learn. Sad
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 am

spat66 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
thanks
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am

Would you recommend the copper JD? You should check out crabbyscustomdarts.com also. I've seen some of his darts in person and they were really nice. He's dealing with a family illness right now though so he's out of touch for awhile. Check out his site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 am

spat66 wrote:
Yea I don't know if he ever has copper tungsten. I'm waiting on him to get longer tungsten billets, he only has 2" (50mm) at the moment. He has a 4 to 5 week wait at the moment. He's pretty busy. $125.00

What's the $125 for? He quoted me MUCH less a couple weeks ago for 90% darts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 am

spat66 wrote:
Would you recommend the copper JD? You should check out crabbyscustomdarts.com also. I've seen some of his darts in person and they were really nice. He's dealing with a family illness right now though so he's out of touch for awhile. Check out his site

The only problem with CT darts is that it only comes in 80% stock. I prefer a 90% or 95% dart. The feel of the CT was nice. 1st time I shot with them all day my fingertips turned black. lol

I just didn't like the bulkiness of the dart for being so light. If it comes in 90% I would have NO problem ordering up a set again.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob 2705

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

JD wrote:
I had never tried it before. Basically it turned out to be an expensive experiment. I sold the darts within the week for about 1/2 of what I paid. Live and learn. Sad

Sorry to hear that Sad

Did you sell the darts because you didn't like the Copper Tungsten Material or the Actual Dart?

Thanks,

James
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 am

Jimbob 2705 wrote:
JD wrote:

Sorry to hear that Sad

Did you sell the darts because you didn't like the Copper Tungsten Material or the Actual Dart?

Thanks,

James

The darts were much bigger than I expected due to the CT being 80%. My own fault really. Next time I do a set of customs I'll get it right. I DO like the feel of CT though.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am

You were probably wanting smooth shorter darts wich cost less, I'm looking at long barrel with a pretty sophisticated grip, plus a 5.6mm diameter. Alot more machining involved. It is cheaper if your just copying another dart- I'm not
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

When getting some customs made you have to be sure about the barrel length and diameter. Where I think JD slipped up was by insisting on getting his copper tungsten's drilled out in the rear by 25mm. He should have been more concerned about the barrel length and outer diameter.
This then made the barrels longer. Instead he should have got the darts made to the same outer dimensions. My custom Elven copper tungstens are the same outer diameter and barrel length of the Winmau Hankey 14g, with the nose tapered to the point so don't need storm points .
So certain copper tungsten darts don't have to be bulky, in fact you could make a copper tungsten dart thinner and shorter than the Winmau 14g Hankey if you want. As my Elven darts have still been drilled out 16mm to gain the correct weight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Smiling Assassin wrote:
When getting some customs made you have to be sure about the barrel length and diameter. Where I think JD slipped up was by insisting on getting his copper tungsten's drilled out in the rear by 25mm. He should have been more concerned about the barrel length and outer diameter.
This then made the barrels longer. Instead he should have got the darts made to the same outer dimensions. My custom Elven copper tungstens are the same outer diameter and barrel length of the Winmau Hankey 14g, with the nose tapered to the point so don't need storm points .
So certain copper tungsten darts don't have to be bulky, in fact you could make a copper tungsten dart thinner and shorter than the Winmau 14g Hankey if you want. As my Elven darts have still been drilled out 16mm to gain the correct weight.

That's exactly where I messed up. By drilling the back out 25mm it extended the length of the barrel 7mm.

But anyway you look at it, an 80% dart won't or can't have the same same dimensions as a 90% tungsten dart. Hankey's are the rare exception because they are hollow. Your darts weren't drilled out hollow. I don't know of any other dart that's drilled out like that.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm

JD wrote:
Smiling Assassin wrote:

That's exactly where I messed up. By drilling the back out 25mm it extended the length of the barrel 7mm.

But anyway you look at it, an 80% dart won't or can't have the same same dimensions as a 90% tungsten dart. Hankey's are the rare exception because they are hollow. Your darts weren't drilled out hollow. I don't know of any other dart that's drilled out like that.

That is why most of the light weight darts (17-10grams) are often 80-85% nickel tungsten. As they can be under 6mm outer diameter and have a barrel length of 40-45mm long. Most people don't want their darts to be under 5.5mm outer diameter, as they become hard to grip/hold (unless you have small hands). Also you can only go so small with the 2BA stem threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea   Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Wife wants to buy me some customs- heres my idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1