We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip Empty
PostSubject: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin, Book Reviewed by Getagrip

Published 2012 By The History Press

I had a pleasant surprise on the 23rd of December 2012 when this book dropped through my letter box.

I had very much been looking forward to reading it, as I know Patrick has written some great books. I have just managed to have time to read it the past couple of weeks so thought it time to write my review.

First off I have to take my hat off to Patrick as his wealth of darts knowledge and history and his ability to painstakingly research the subject is astounding!

On with the review then. Smile

I don’t know if it is just me, but although the title of the book is 180! Fascinating Darts Facts it seemed like there was so much more info packed into the 144 pages. Each little section for each fact has more snippets of info within, which makes for very interesting reading indeed.

The Foreword of the book is by the much missed Sid Waddel and there is a section about Sid to enjoy and amuse, it even has a mention of where I live when Sid came to perform a cabaret act at a local club. Laughing

The book has a wide variety of subjects covered, from the history and origins of darts to statistical facts and the many characters of the game and even tips from the pros. There is some very interesting reading in here and one of my favourite sections is about how some players came to have the nick names they do and why. I thought the Tony O’Shea one was very funny and how he got his nickname “Silverback” was not what I was expecting lol.

It’s a little difficult to go into detail too much without giving out spoilers, but you will find things in here you never would have thought about asking.

I think this book has something for everyone really, whether your interested in figures or the myths of darts or darts history or more, you will find something of interest and many things you didn’t know.

As with all Patrick’s books it is well written and an easy enjoyable read. The layout of the book means you can easily pick it up and read a few facts and then come back to it another time. I also think it will be handy to use as a reference tool too.

I really enjoyed reading it and for a very cheap £7.99 I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is a Darts Nut!

It gets a totally Nutty 5/5 Nutz recommendation from me!
good job trohy trohy trohy trohy trohy

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 am

""" I thought the Tony O’Shea one was very funny and how he got his nickname “Silverback” was not what I was expecting lol."""

Pm me and tell me Grip!!!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 am

Got this for Xmas of Mrs B, not had chance to read it yet but am looking forward to that now after your review mate, +1 from me happy dude

Last edited by Rebel on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 am

caroleo69 wrote:
""" I thought the Tony O’Shea one was very funny and how he got his nickname “Silverback” was not what I was expecting lol."""

Pm me and tell me Grip!!!!!! lol!

Hmmm, now that would be telling lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
shafted

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:32 am

Keep meaning to get a copy, must sort it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:35 am

Hmmm, now that would be telling lol![/quote]

Pity you didn't finish it on Friday....you could have sent it with my board!!!!! cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip   180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip Empty

Back to top Go down

180! Fascinating Dart Facts by Patrick Chaplin Book Reviewed by Getagrip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-