We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nucky

Nucky

How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:22 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

It all depends what area the weakness is in.is it physical or mental? Taking a video of your throw can give a good starting point if you think the problem lies with your action.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 am

Try breaking it down.

Look at your stance, are you standing the same way each throw, are you standing in the same spot everytime.

Are you hitting lots of 5's or lots of 1's. You could be pulling the dart or snatching.

Are you attacking the dartboard or hoping not to hit 1 or 5. Confidence and desire play a role in how your form is.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:39 am

But be wary not to become to obssessed sometimes I think you can over analyze your game and become to self conscious, your mind can become messed up with am I holding them right, am I stood right, am I letting them go to early / late, is my arm extended enough etc.

Sometimes I thing its best not to cloud your mind and just stand and practice.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 am

That's probably the best piece of advice I had in a while Shaftman.
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 am

yips is the worst grrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 pm

I am the best over analyser there is!!

Maybe it's good to think about you game from time to time but you should also be able to just do it. Try to make time for "just do it" aim, focus and fire! That's where your body and mind puts all your thinking into one smooth action.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

tutb62 wrote:
yips is the worst grrrrrrrrrrr

This is my biggest problem lately.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm

To identify your problem will take time. And you must make a difference between a "weakness" and weakness.

Some weaknesses can just be for the day or so, or a slump weakness.

But one of the biggest things there is, its not to overthink the game. When you do that, you will get problems.

I got a good advice from Mac once in the time, just relax, and dont care when you are throwing, and do that for 30-50 darts straight. See the patter in the flight and angle of darts. Because when you are relaxed in the head its where you see the true throw.

You can also try and see what the weakness is. Is it that your darts are missing big from where you wanted? Then maybe a precision-practice are great.

But most weaknesses comes from the mind. If the mechanics are working, then its in your head.

Another thing that can recommend are you either buy or borrow a book about mental practice for athletes or if you can get your hands on a cd with it.
It have helped me a lot to cope with pressure, and to maximize efficiency of my practice-routines.

Sorry for long post Smile
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 pm

identifying a weakness is really difficult when you're self analyzing. it usually takes an observer to step in and point out potential areas that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

if you're looking to analyze your throw. you need to film yourself. if this seems a bit excessive, i've noticed if you aim lamp at the board... you can put a massive shadow of yourself right in front of you next to the board.. the cool part is you can even get a side view w/ a lil adjusting. it's kinda cool to watch yourself in real time from an angle you'd never seen otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it?   How do you identify a weakness in your game and correct it? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1