We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat has happened to Datadart and Harrows LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What has happened to Datadart and Harrows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

What has happened to Datadart and Harrows Empty
PostSubject: What has happened to Datadart and Harrows   What has happened to Datadart and Harrows EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm

In the early and mid 90's datadart used to be one of the top darts manufacturers. They used to sponsored Phil Taylor, Alan Warriner and Jocky Wilson just to name a few.
My 1st set of tungsten darts were some ringed datadart darts, which I got for Christmas when I was a kid in the early 90's.

I would like to know what went wrong with datadart? As they have drifted away and only really sponsor BDO players like Martin Adams and John Walton. They used to make some great quality darts and still do.

Also Harrows used to be big with Dennis Priestley and Eric Bristow being sponsored by them in the 90's. Now they only sponsor Wayne Mardle and Mark Dudbridge who you don't see playing on TV much.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Datadart and Harrows   What has happened to Datadart and Harrows EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Good question, but I dont know, maybe Unicorn and Target, Winmau cornered the market, spent more money???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Watsontotty

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Datadart and Harrows   What has happened to Datadart and Harrows EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am

I can pass on information regarding Datadart as i know the lads well and they are still around although the darts side of things is only a part of the business they have.

The royalties paid by Unicorn to the likes of Taylor they just cant compete in regards to the top end pro player's although from recent conversations more time is going to be put into the darts side from them with some new Robbo darts on the production line.

Smaller brands like datadart just cant compete on the money Target / Unicorn pay there players however take a look at the recent datadart players Anderson etc etc so they still provide a great opportunity to up and coming players and they are a great bunch of lads at Datadart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Datadart and Harrows   What has happened to Datadart and Harrows Empty

Back to top Go down

What has happened to Datadart and Harrows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1