We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesElven Custom Darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Elven Custom Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:12 am

Heard and seen lot's of good things from Elven darts. Here is a sample of his work... http://www.dartsnutz.com/t3923-custom-made-elven-14-gram-copper-tungsten-soft-tip-darts

I treated myself to a X-Mas present and finally went with a custom set of darts. Price is right around £50-55 and that includes shipping. Edward now has email and Paypal so ordering is very easy.
I would recommend a set of custom darts only for the VERY experienced player that knows what they like. Someone that is just starting to play darts I would experiment with a few different sets before going the custom route.
Edward is very professional and replies to my emails quickly. I paid for my darts in the morning and the very next afternoon I get an email saying they are in the mail already. Surprised at how quick he is. I must of caught him at the right time I guess. Super fast anyway.
I highly recommend anyone going the custom route to try out Elven Darts. He has materials that other places don't offer (copper tungsten). I'll update the review after I receive them. So far everything is perfect.

Last edited by JD on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:19 am

i am using copper darts myself right now hope it turns out well for you.
Back to top Go down
mattstan

mattstan

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 3:36 am

Eddie the elf has done a lot for me, he always is super quick and very reliable.
Basic mods and extra grip usually costs around £10
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: custom darts    Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 7:41 am

I have some custom darts on way from Elven Darts and they are basically Justin Pipe darts however in 25.50 / 26.00 and they should be here in a day or so, never previously owned a custom made set of darts so im a little unsure what to expect in regards to quality and the finish.

Ive played for many years and im a handy player who has owned hundreds of sets of darts of the years so i cant wait to try them and do a review, so far i rang up and explained what i was after and was told to post a cheque which was there preferred payment, i was told they had made some before and still have the details so this is no problem and i would receive them shortly after christmas.

I'm slightly uncomfortable about what i will receive and when i will receive them, this is based on ive never ordeded custom darts and expected the conversations to last longer but hey lets see what arrives and i will do a full review.

Rich
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 7:51 am

believe me he knows how to do them he done mine for me and they were superb
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 am

yes i did see yours hence why i ordered them but he originally thought you sent him a dart to copy from so wasn't sure he had the details to work from, he checked and said he remembered them and still had the details so it wasn't a problem and i don't doubt it will be.

Rich
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Not used him direct but I believe he used to do most, if not all, of the Madhouse customs. The pics I've seen of his work though are excellent - I haven't see a duff set yet
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm

What are the properties of copper tungsten?
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Vallyr wrote:
What are the properties of copper tungsten?
Exactly what it says.
Most tungsten darts are an alloy made of nickle and tungsten copper tungsten is just that.

Copper tungsten darts start out pinkish and tarnish to a very dark grey, because copper corrodes unlike nickle they form microscopic pits in the surface due to the oil and sweat on our hands giving the dart more grip. To get the most out of this pitting effect most CuDarts are made of 80%T - 20%Cu mix. If you see an ols set of very dark darts unscrew the stem and look inside the hole to see if it is pinkish.

Me Thinking Pink inside
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Elven Custom Darts !!   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 am

Well i tried to get my hands on some cosmo Justin Pipe darts in 24g with no luck so i decided to go custom, ive never tried a custom set of darts before so i was a little unsure however another member on here had some done which looked great so went for it.

I rang them up explained i was after Justin Pipe Cosmo darts with longer points in 25.5 - 26.00 however nothing heavier than 26g, i was told thats no problems it would take a day or so to make them and i was asked to send a cheque.

I sent a cheque out the same day although i must admit i was a little unsure as the conversation was very short but i felt like he knew what i wanted and said he could do it so lets not muck around which is exactly how i do business.

I rang them today not to chase the darts but to check the cheque had been received as the christmas post is crap, i was told the darts had been made and posted back already to me and with a bit luck could arrive in the morning.

Cant wait to get my hands on them and try them out and see if they work for me, love the shape of them so im hoping they work well and cant wait to see how they look, haven't a clue if the cheque arrived or not he was only interested in saying the darts had been made and sent to me and he said they looked superb.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 am

Please post some pics when you get them! Very curious to see how they came out. Mind if I ask how much it ran you?
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 am

no problems i believe £45 which included the p&p and as i was trying to pay cosmo £112 then a more than fair price.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 am

agree thats not bad at all, can't wait to see them!
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 am

Since this is the shop review area I merged the 2 Elven topics.

Watson, make sure you post up some pics here as well as in the "show us your darts" thread when they arrive. I'm anxiously awaiting mine.

Last edited by JD on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Mine have arrived today however im at work so havent seen them yet but as soon as im home then i will take some pictures so you can see what they turned out like.

Cant wait lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Nice one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 am

They arrived yesterday from Elven Darts which as i ordered Christmas eve or the day before shows the quality service they provide, the order was easy a little too easy which made me a bit uneasy as it was like yer i can do that and they will be with you in a few days.

I ordered Justin Pipe 26g with longer points, what did i get well exactly 100% what i wanted with a super fast service which this company should be very very proud of.

I would give them 10 out of 10 and the finish and quality is better than i ever dreamed of, on the darts themselves well they feel superb in the hand and the balance is great and the scallop feels great and is in exactly the correct position.

Further to follow after ive whacked in a few 180s.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 am

And the real thing:

What a fantastic job of replicating them, incredible as I doubt you would notice the difference aside from the branding, makes you realise how expensive some of these new darts are and how you can get exactly what you want for so much less.
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 am

im more than happy i didn't splash out the £112 and im one of the ones who normally wants the real thing and not a copy but im so converted its untrue.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

Excellent, the only very minor difference I can see is that the nose on the Cosmos looks very slightly more tapered. Apart from that I cant see anything else, so why pay so much for the Cosmos?

good job
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 am

Cosmo's are made from Platinum I think?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:27 am

Rebel wrote:
Cosmo's are made from Platinum I think?

LOL they need to be for that price, are you sure it isn't Plutonium?
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 am

Another great write up for Elven darts.

They look great.

......waits patiently by the mailbox
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Elven received my darts and worked on them the same day. Emailed me to tell me they were done and in the mail.

Great customer service again. Communication is precise and to the point. Good man to deal with here on any sort of custom work.

A+
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 pm

I challenge you to find better service than Eddie. Perfect communication and super fast work. He worked on modifying a set of my darts. Work was done the same day he received them and back in the mail the next day.

A+
Back to top Go down
timmatrix

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 am

After trying unsuccessfully to source a replacement set of Unicorn JetSet 25g darts, I contacted Eddie at Elven Darts to see could he make a replica set.
I posted on a dart to Eddie last Tuesday and he rang Thursday to say he had received them. He said the darts were now only 24.5g and had probably lost .5g in the 30 yrs I've had them. He asked would I prefer 24.5g or 25g, and promised to have them in the post the same day.
Well I received the darts today (which is a very fast turnaround considering I'm in Ireland) and I'm delighted with them.
€50 well spent, thanks Eddie.
Tim

Last edited by JD on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:44 am

that is awesome!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 am

timmatrix wrote:
After trying unsuccessfully to source a replacement set of Unicorn JetSet 25g darts, I contacted Eddie at Elven Darts to see could he make a replica set.
I posted on a dart to Eddie last Tuesday and he rang Thursday to say he had received them. He said the darts were now only 24.5g and had probably lost .5g in the 30 yrs I've had them. He asked would I prefer 24.5g or 25g, and promised to have them in the post the same day.
Well I received the darts today (which is a very fast turnaround considering I'm in Ireland) and I'm delighted with them.
http://s20.postimage.org/9xdvcrvn1/image.jpg
€50 well spent, thanks Eddie.
Tim

WOW! thats great, top service!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 am

I'm getting the itch!!! lol
Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Contact info for Elven Darts

elvendarts@googlemail.com

Please let him know you are from Dartsnutz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elven Custom Darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Custom Darts   Elven Custom Darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Elven Custom Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next