We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donkey

Donkey

Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello guys. I won the sigma carbon darts here on DN and have stayed with them and only them.

However. Last week when I pulled one out from the board it snapped at the little ring it had on it. Maybe I pulled it out little to hard or in the wrong angle. No biggie I thought I still have my spares. So I screw out the old ones and when I do I see that the threads has been really damaged or pulverized is more like it. On one side there wasn't even any threads left.

This sucks. I mean. I haven't had them for that long.

What would you do? I know I have some softtip points lying around. Maybe i should use them only?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd return them.

Bunch of bs.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:18 pm

find a r lol on floor eal dart player to throw them lol jk
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Thats gota suck. Is it just the one or are all three doing it?
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey. I might not have been sober when I wrote this.

Lol. I mean that one of the dart points snapped and that when I should change "points" the carbon threads was more or less not there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm

DIRTY G wrote:
Thats gota suck. Is it just the one or are all three doing it?

It's on all three of them. All three "carbon points threads"
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

That is strange. Did they unscrew easy or were the difficult to un screw and left the thread behind. And shurley you didnt cross thread them to start with did ya?

I think JD has a point. Id be calling unicorn to see if this is a regular occurance. There customer service is quite good (or have been for me).
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

No they weren't difficult to unscrew. I shall see if I can take a picture later today.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 pm

send Unicorn a email about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Definately get on to Unicorn about it, links here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That sounds like a design fault rather than misuse mate.

I presume they are standard 2ba threads, if so theres lots of other points that you can try that may be longer lasting, I just ordered a few sets from Puredarts, the sigma ones look great but they are a bit expensive:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Unicorn tosh as per usual i'm afraid to say. They are still making stuff out of their factory in Chukkita Way in Outer Mongolia or somewhere. Subtle I know lol

Send them a pic and Ed Lowey will say it's all your fault as you were throwing them wrong and then refuse to accept his stuff is rubbish leaving you even more frustrated and angry than you are now.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I am afraid I would have to disagree with you there Big Gun. I noticed a small problem on there site and twittered Edward Lowery, within mins he was back to me an offered me anything I wanted from Unicorn. Being a shy kind of sort naturally I snapped his hand off and picked a unicorn on tour!! So I would recommend contact.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 pm

good to see you had a win Rab happy dude
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm

DIRTY G wrote:

??
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 am

That was a result for you then buddy but i have not had the same response and I was a True Unicorn boy up till last year I couldn't say a bad word about them. I would still recommend contacting them though I thought I had put that on the bottom of my last post but as I was ranting away must have forgot lol.

Email them and see what they have to say and post on here to restore my faith in Unicorn.
Back to top Go down
griff10

griff10

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

i bought a set for my wife's darts and only got about 2 hours of use when one split when it hit the floor.. (hardwood flooring) so i glued it back together then one of the points came out of another.. that was the first and last time i'll buy them... Griff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 am

How can a carbon screw in point damage tungsten threads?

One material is 100x harder than the other?
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 am

Think its the carbon threads that shatter JD, design flaw IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 am

Rebel wrote:

Oh. That makes sense. Carbon doesn't go well in the dart world imo. I had the carbon L-Style points that turned out to be terrible. Problem is carbon wears out to quickly. I would of thrown the carbon points right in the trash from the get go.

If I had these darts I would buy a set of the L-Style titanium conversion points and call it a day. You could also use these darts as soft tips darts. Win, win situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:58 am

JD wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Oh. That makes sense. Carbon doesn't go well in the dart world imo. I had the carbon L-Style points that turned out to be terrible. Problem is carbon wears out to quickly. I would of thrown the carbon points right in the trash from the get go.

If I had these darts I would buy a set of the L-Style titanium conversion points and call it a day. You could also use these darts as soft tips darts. Win, win situation.

So I take back what I said in the 1st post up there^^^ I thought the barrel threads were trashed. In all reality you would have to expect the carbon to break, chip, wear out, etc...
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Unicorn seems to have some issues lately~
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm

rabsmith2 wrote:
DIRTY G wrote:

??

Sorry rab I meant Donk slPPING

I think they would look great with those L-Style T's aswell Jd. Shure would beat that ugly two step bullnose they got there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones   Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1