We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesreally ??? accessories gone to far ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

really ??? accessories gone to far ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

really ??? accessories gone to far ? Empty
PostSubject: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 am

much to far IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 am

Those arm sleeves are all the rage in the soft tip in Asia. Paul Lim is even wearing them now.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 am

it says they are made for the asian market and therefore may be too small, they do seem to go for stuff like this over there. i don't know if it that the marketing people in japan are great at there job or if it is just a need for perfection they seek, but in my eyes if this does work it is cheating !
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

Its just a compression garment like most athletes wear these days.

I was thinking of getting 1, but the price puts me off of trying it.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

Are there some dart players then whose hands are so weak they keep dropping their darts. I have to say I've never seen it in over 30 years of playing. What kind of people wear this stuff? Ans the ones who stand to make a profit from it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 am

I kept the compression socks that they gave me in hospital, maybe I should try one of them. lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 am

I agree with Kev on this one.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 am

that hand grip thing is mental . it has nowt to do with darts what so ever. the only thing i can see it being use for is to pretend you are the terminator fixing his hand and you can make giuzt zhumm noises and bending your finger. almost as much fun as using a cordless drill to make the noises while you do the robot walk Laughing
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:26 am

these are already mentioned a few month ago on hear somewhere.

The compression thing I think would hinder more than help and the hand grip thing is to work on the release of the dart not the grip. Again it could cause more harm than good.

Now looking at that compression sleeve it reminds me of the gear I have for mountain biking and is used in a lot of sports to aid blood flow but not sure how it will help the action of throwing the darts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:30 am

Phiten products are a joke.

Here's an article relating to their bracelets:

I don't think wearing a compression sleeve is cheating. I tried wearing the arm sleeve I use for basketball and threw some darts. While it helps me put less strain on my elbow during a basketball game and makes me look like a serious player, there was no change in my dart throw, still terrible.

It does look weird in a dart game. More of a marketing ploy than anything else.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

Basketball players in the US wear these when they play...like Grip said, it aids in circulation and keeps the arm warm(elbow). This does not aid in how you shoot what so ever.I wear a tensor brace on my arm when I am cutting meat at work...helps a lot with my weak tendon in my elbow! These sleeves are for like anythings else..marketing...something new...they will sell like wild fire and than die off....like all new items!!! My 2 cents!!! good job
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 am

I'm going to wear a condom when I play my next game of darts so hopefully it will make me play better and all that extra flexing at the match will help me be a better lover when I get home. which reminds me of that Joke about me buying my wife a Tupperware bra for Xmas it didn't make her boobs any bigger but it did keep what she had fresh.

Sorry I'm off to bed now goodnight DartsNutters
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 am

affraid lol on floor
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm

cry laugh

good one, big gun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: really ??? accessories gone to far ?   really ??? accessories gone to far ? Empty

Back to top Go down

really ??? accessories gone to far ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1