We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSo what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. Empty
PostSubject: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 pm

I have been a soldier, used car dealer, Stock Broker and now a Registered Nurse semi- retired. So what do you do or have done?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Commercial fishing skipper , Well i was till 4 years ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Cook for 5 years, Marine 5 years active duty, Framing 1 year. Currently operations manager for a construction company for last 4 years
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Professional Carrot Eater
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Pearce161

Pearce161

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 am

Used to be a JCB driver and highways groundworker. Discovered a back problem a couple years ago that ended that and now studying accounting and doing a bit of 360 driving while i find an accountancy position. Do 2 days a week volunteer work for a local charity in the finance dept which , fingers crossed, is gonna lead to a full time paid accounts assistant job
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:06 am

USMC80 wrote:
Cook for 5 years, Marine 5 years active duty, Framing 1 year. Currently operations manager for a construction company for last 4 years

So in a nutshell you spent 5 years blowing stuff up and now you help build stuff ! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 am

Andy wrote:
USMC80 wrote:

So in a nutshell you spent 5 years blowing stuff up and now you help build stuff ! lol!

LOL, ya pretty much.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 am

Exciting stuff for me - insurance broking - about 35 years worth now lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 am

mc1958 wrote:
Exciting stuff for me - insurance broking - about 35 years worth now lol

35 years wow you must like it!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 am

No, not really - I'm too lazy to change lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 am

getagrip wrote:
Professional Carrot Eater

Hopefully theres a Doctor in the house !! lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 am

Pearce161 wrote:
Used to be a JCB driver and highways groundworker. Discovered a back problem a couple years ago that ended that and now studying accounting and doing a bit of 360 driving while i find an accountancy position. Do 2 days a week volunteer work for a local charity in the finance dept which , fingers crossed, is gonna lead to a full time paid accounts assistant job

Got me fingers crossed for ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 am

used to be a farmer, was a psychologist in the prison Service....now I work in the NHS. Oh and I have been a bouncer in a pub and a hospitality steward at Falkirk Football club.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 am

Bovrilheid wrote:
used to be a farmer, was a psychologist in the prison Service....now I work in the NHS. Oh and I have been a bouncer in a pub and a hospitality steward at Falkirk Football club.
I worked as a Nurse at the jail for 5 years and did some Psych stuff. Interesting but frustrating work. I might with your help counsel that Carrot eating nut roaming around on this forum.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 am

No cure only more carrots
Back to top Go down
Pearce161

Pearce161

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 am

SilverSaber wrote:
I might with your help counsel that Carrot eating nut roaming around on this forum.

throw a parsnip at him it'll confuse him for hours
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 am

Pearce161 wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
I might with your help counsel that Carrot eating nut roaming around on this forum.

LOL no I love roast Parsnips lol!!
Back to top Go down
Pearce161

Pearce161

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 am

getagrip wrote:
Pearce161 wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

weirdo....no one LOVES parsnips even when they#re roasted and covered in honey we eat em cos we know we need some more veg in our diet
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 am

professional opinion....carrots are good...carrot heid is not!!!
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 am

recent uni graduate (ba in ancient/medieval history). worked as a labourer to pay for uni, in various factories/shops. at the moment i'm gainfully unemployed but am working for my parents, helping them build their retirement house.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am

Pearce161 wrote:
getagrip wrote:
Pearce161 wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

weirdo....no one LOVES parsnips even when they#re roasted and covered in honey we eat em cos we know we need some more veg in our diet

LOL ya crazy man Parsnips are lovely lol!
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Job title   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

For the last fifteen years or so I have been in retail....last 8 years been a grocery Manager,Produce Manager, and Meat Manager! Had enough of that place so I ahve moved on to a smaller store close to home....work in all Depts., where ever I'm needed....do my work and go home...no stress...but less pay! But I sleep better!!!
Before all this worked at a steel plant as a painter and taper.....carpentry work....roofing and siding, what ever I could do to make money!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm

In high school I went to chef training for 3 years. After that I worked as a personal assistant while I was working with my father as a carpenter.

Got a job at a rubber factory and was there almost 1 year. 

Now Im working with processing metal (aluminum) been there almost 1 year now, on the night shift.

Im also a contact person to a guy in my age. (Meeting a guy every now and then to do some funny stuff. )

I also have two children, and more it will hopefully be:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

Lets see, started out as a delivery driver/food taster/dishwasher/garbageman/etc etc in my parents catering company, then went to school for marine navigation. Worked as a deckhand for a few years (got up and down coast of eastern U.S., St Lawrence seaway and across the pond a couple of times and was off Sable Island Nova Scotia at the end). Had enough so went to school for Electrical Engineering Technology then became a QA guy for a few years, then worked as a tech. Went on to work in an auto parts plant as a human robot. Currently working at a hospital in the maintenance department.

Connect the dots Grips smile
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Hmmm, my list is loooooonnnnngggggg!!!!!

1) Worked in a Builders Merchants.
2) Worked for Philips (Accounting side).
3) Door to door Salesman.
4) Worked in a Dry Cleaners (the guy that puts the plastic wrapping over your clothes).
5) Bookmakers.
6) Senior Steward on the Railway.
7) Worked in a Pie Factory.
8) Lawnmower Assembly technician (I made the Cogs for the Gear Assembly).
9) Insurance Business.
10) Business to Business Telesales.
11) Worked for a Removals Company.

AND last but certainly by no means Least I am a Manager at my Local Rileys and loving every minute of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

bump for new members
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I did an electrical apprenticeship when I finished high school. Worked as a sparky for 13 years, got made redundant so used the money to re-educate myself.

Did a diploma in business programming and have worked in IT for the last 12 years. Last 8 with my current employer. Do all IT work here from programming, networking and help desk. And whatever else I can do to save time and make my life easier.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 am

Went into the USAF right out of HS, then spent 35 years driving a truck (the last 28.5 with Big Brown) and now I buy darts and coach basketball. Oh yeah, I hate driving now. I get road rage just driving down to the QuickChek!!!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 am

Vinyl extusion engineer for 27 years now! Pretty much all I have done in my adult life. Right out of high school I was a technician for a service station maintenance company in Los Angeles, Ca - was a proffessional partyer also at that time!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 am

Auto-mechanic with my father, deli worker, pizza delivery boy, carpenter, shuttle bus driver for a retirement community and life guard at the pool, salesman in that order.

I am now an electronics engineer and volunteer EMT (Emergency Medical Technician... not sure if the same verbiage is used across the pond Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.   So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us. Empty

Back to top Go down

So what kind of job do you do or have done! Tell us.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next