We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageshow often do you change your set-up ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

how often do you change your set-up ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

how often do you change your set-up ? Empty
PostSubject: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:55 am

i seem to be constantly changing shafts and flights. i think a lot of it is psychological though. some days i can play really well the darts sit perfect , fly straight and group well. next day they are all over and sit in the board at a sideways angle and grouping is all over then i change flights and stems and things improve for a few days sometimes a whole week and it starts again. do you tinker with your set-ups or keep to them for a long time ? i said that it is probably psychological and i mean perhaps i'm thinking about the set-up too much and taking my mind of my throw etc. and that could be helping me ? whatever it is it is helping out the darts shops cos when i think i have it right i buy a load of say alloy shafts and standard flights then 2 days later an order goes in for a load of pear fights and nylon tweenies !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:35 am

I'm about as boring as they come. I find something that works and just stick with it. I was using the same darts, stems and slim flights since 2001 until I quit in 2005. Just started playing again several months ago and tried the Hankey's out. Most likely I'll be playing with those for years with the same medium stems and slim flights. With the exception of 1 time a year when I grab my old standbys to play at an outdoor tournament.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 am

I never change my set up. I use short aluminium stems and standard flights. Anything else just feels wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 am

Not that often, played for about 3 years with the same set up (nylons and standard flights).

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 am

Keep mine the same mostly- tweenie nylon stems and pear flights. This setup seems to work best for me on steel and soft tip. I am currently using Astra shape L-style flights wich are similar in size to pears. I do change the color scheme of my set up alot-but keep the size the same
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 am

Try and keep mine the same
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:01 am

Find what works and stick with it.

The only time I will change, is if I am testing a different shape flight. If it works well for a period of time in practice, then I may change to it.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 pm

What time is it? lol on floor

If you find a way to stop switching, please let me know. I think it must be some form of obsessive compulsive disorder. I'm lucky if I can go an hour without changing something.
Wish I could stop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I want Gripster to reply to this thread ! Come Grip ya avoiding it I know lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 pm

every throw
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm

getagrip wrote:
every throw

lol on floor

I have spent years swapping and changing, every week or every month until maybe 4 years ago when I decided to stick with a set of Beatons, managed a year.
Then went with the Triple B's for roughly the same time, short nylons and standard flights before swapping to Lewis darts, same set up for past couple of years (had Unicorn now use Target) and have to say that whether I was swapping and changing things or sticking with the same set up for months I will always have good days and bad days!

I know I can throw my current darts really well so just have to ride with the bad days as I now know that it is me that is wrong not the set up, that how I look at it anyway.
If your head is right then I reckon you could throw well with pretty much any set up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 pm

i fear i may just be suffering with GAS ( gear acquisition syndrome ) and i'm giving myself excuses to buy more gear to change. last night i thought i'd try the intelite shafts again which i couldn't throw straight and was ready to get rid off. 3 trips to the oche and bang i hit a 180 . next minute i'm emailing dartscorner to see when they'll have the intelite flight punch in stock yet! could very well be a case of a bad workman blaming his tools when its the tool throwing that is to blame. anyway i've just put an order in for those £5 18g darts in the clearance page of reddragon as i've now had the same darts for a couple of weeks and starting to get good with them, so must be time to tinker again. these new darts have red paint so obviously i'm gonna have to get some matching flights and stems in a range of lengths and shapes. and it all starts again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:36 am

Years ago it seemed like everyone played with the same ole equipment. Darts used to be expensive but now i browse the clearance section at different websites and I can buy awesome darts for $20. Plus, having the computer doesn't help. A couple clicks and i can order whatever I want and have it delivered to my house within a week. Might explain the massive display of light darts i have over on the dresser. It's just too easy to get more stuff.

With that being said, find the right stem and flight combination and stick with it. I've put standard flights on my Hankey's and CAN'T hit anything with them. But when I have slim flights on them I feel like a pro at times. Personally, I think flights are the most important thing. Find a set that works for you and stick with them.

Last edited by Winmau on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:00 am

slim flights are the one thing i know aren't for me which annoys me . i wanted them to work just so i could have the slimmest possible dart. looks like standards are what i need and i've been trying flexible stems to help with grouping. the harrows quiver just seem to be too light when combined with the hankeys and look very unstable in flight. i agree with you with having a computer and the internet. mine is right next to the dartboard so if i'm having a bad game i'll take a time out and have a look on this site. then the next think i know i'm on puredarts buying more stems or flights.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:34 am

In the US everyone used the same Widdy darts, dont think that would work having a uniform standard with steeltip tungstens, but would be interesting to see if a comp was played where everyone had to throw the same darts. Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 am

someone posted something like that up a while back. i think it may have been jake . nascar darts he called it. we were talking of all getting a cheap set of darts which were the same and having a challenge ????????
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 am

Ah yeah I think I remember, I wonder if the Pros would ever do it, just as a one off trial, would be fun to watch, give them all an old brass set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your set-up ?   how often do you change your set-up ? Empty

Back to top Go down

how often do you change your set-up ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1