We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNodor Supamatch Dartboard LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Nodor Supamatch Dartboard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spat66

spat66

Nodor Supamatch Dartboard Empty
PostSubject: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am

I'm starting to look at new dartboards and kind of want to try something different. Has anyone ever had the Nodor Supamatch? I've read reviews that are very good on this board and its kind of expensive, so I'm thinking its a good board. I've had the Supawire board and it held up nice. I have a blade4 now and love it but just thinking of trying something different. Eclipse Pro and TIGA are the other ones I'm thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

I've had a supawire and a Bull's Advantage... 3? Can't recall off the top of my head. It's the "Alien" one made in New Zealand.

Anyway, the Nodor died in less than 5 months, but only because the wires got mashed in so badly. The board itself was still in quite good shape.

The bulls has lasted a bit longer, but has developed "bubbles" in a few places which is distressing. And not just around the trebles (you know the bulges that develop from pulling darts out). This one has a couple of large ones outside the doubles as well and I can tell by the sound of the dart hitting different areas that the fibers are packed MUCH more tightly inside the treble ring than outside. And the center bull ring has fallen out.

Just based on the quality differences between the two manufacturer's, I'd say if you just want to switch it up and have the budget, try the Eclipse. I've heard great things about it and have now had "issues" with the Bull's and Nodor products.

Not really their fault though. I put 2 hours a day on my board during the week and sometimes 3-4 times that on weekends and rarely take a day off, so... yeah fair play. I wore them out; they didn't "fail".

Having said that, my next one is going to be the Blade IV. In fact, ordering it this weekend.

You know, just to shake things up a bit. ;)
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 pm

I've played on Eclipse pros at tournaments and they were nice, same as the TIGA boards. Just don't know how well they will last as I play everyday also. My blade4 has held up really well and I probably should get another. I have a Bandit board that's held up real well but it's so hard
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Ive had a blade since may or so now, and although Ive worn pretty hard on the bull, the board is fairly decent still. The 14 and 12 are really loose pack now from where when they used to be twenties, so that should give ya some idea of how often i rotate. 3-4 hrs every other day
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:34 am

I've owned 2 Nodor Supamatch boards, and I really think they are great boards. If you have ever had bad experiences with the lower end Nodor boards, such as the SupaBull or SupaWire, ignore them. This is their top-end board and is in another league all together. They are far and away better than any board I've played on, with the possible exception of the Blade 4. I haven't played on an Eclipse Pro, though, so I can't give a good comparison there.

One is hung up at my work. It has seen about 2-3 hours per day combined playing time between 4 guys for just over a year and with the exception of a slightly beat up bull and some smashed in wires here and there is still in great shape.
I have another that is hung up at my home right now. It has seen about 1 hour per day for a year and still looks almost new.

And even though the wires aren't technically "blades", they have the same effect. They are wedge-shaped with the sharp end facing outward and the thick side against the board. Any darts that hit the wire are deflected into either one bed or another depending on which side of the sharpened wire edge they hit. And since the wires aren't imbedded in the sisal, compacting the fibers, the board tends to be a little softer than what I have seen with the bladed boards.

Compared with the Blade 4, there are only a couple of things that bother me with the SupaMatch:
1. Slighly more bounce outs with extremely sharp darts. This is due to the wedge shape of the wires. If you hit the edge of the wire from the exact right angle, it may bounce out. Still MANY less bounce-outs with regular round-wire boards. And if your tips are just slightly rounded, the bounce outs almost completely disappear.
2. The wire being thicker on the side that's against the board makes the doubles and trebles appear visually to be smaller. This is more of a mental focus thing though, since the actuall effective size of the beds is the same as on the bladed boards.
3. The color contrast seems to be slightly better on the Blade 4
4. Since the wires aren't imbedded in the sisal, you can see over time that as the wires get bent slightly that colors can seem to "bleed" across into other beds.

I think that's about all I can think of. The bottom line is that I would recommend the Supamatch to anybody. It is definitely on par with the other top end boards out there. Though for the same price I would probably give a slight edge to the Blade 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 am

Switch it up and get the Target board.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 am

Hard to get Target boards in U.S. and reviews I've seen weren't very good. I was wanting a Target board until I seen the negative reviews
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nodor Supamatch Dartboard   Nodor Supamatch Dartboard Empty

Back to top Go down

Nodor Supamatch Dartboard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1