We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesLoading and grip preference LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Loading and grip preference

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DerekJones

DerekJones

Loading and grip preference Empty
PostSubject: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 am

Apparently I am in an inquisitive mood today, so... Do you prefer front, mid, or rear loaded darts and why? Also, what do you look for in the grip on your darts? Aggressive? Middle of the road? Ted Hankey?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 am

well I thought I preferred front loaded, but since hurting my shoulder and playing again early 2011 I cant seem to throw the front loaded as well, and have done better with even weighted.

But lately I have tried the Carrera C3 and Rands and some others of a similar shape and they work well too.

Like most grips but not so keen on darts with a grip that is too aggressive such as razor grip, think I prefer micro grip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am

I prefer an even balanced weight, no particular loading.

Aggressive grip as I have very shiny fingers that dont tend to grip darts well.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

I like an even balance with an aggressive grip I use purists as a rule but have just got myself a set of Carreras today and they are awesome with a grip equal to Purists. If i use front loaded I always drop my darts short of the treble and as I like to under stack it makes life very difficult blocking the treble bed with your first dart.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Only played a few sets, but of those, I like one that is ever so slightly front loaded and very, very aggressive grip. I have dry fingers and a loose grip and the slight front loading on a long barrel, with x-short stems and kite flights promotes a "flat" dart. One I can drop another on top of so - 90 degrees from the board on t20 and about 110 degrees on d16 (flight up slightly).

I prefer to throw over the top of mine, so that works well for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I've been playing darts at a high level since 1996 (with a few short years away recently) and never really knew what I liked. For the last 10 years I've shot with a multi ringed dart barrel that weighed 18 grams. Pretty evenly balanced. Always thought that was "my" dart. After a couple years away I just started playing again. By chance I bought a smooth light dart out of curiosity. Turns out it offered WAY more grip than I could of imagined. I was throwing like a super hero right away with it. Just felt right. It wasn't until a week after playing with it that a member here (Smiling Assassin) pointed out it was front loaded. Sure enough, my dart is drilled out 32mm.
I guess all my life I've been searching for a front loaded dart to go with my style of throw and my choice of stems and flights.
In the future I think I'll design the perfect custom dart for myself, but for now the Hankey's will do.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am

straight dart- level 4-5 grip no front or rear loaded thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loading and grip preference   Loading and grip preference Empty

Back to top Go down

Loading and grip preference

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-