We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand Empty
PostSubject: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 am

I bought this a few weeks ago from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Item was delivered quick and Guy Ellison who runs the shop was very helpful in his comms.

I had bought a DJ Lighting stand months ago which I was using as a dart stand but as you will see in the video clip it is far too wobbly.

The Darts Caddy was something that caught my eye and looked a much better piece of equipment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Board and surround in above pic is not included, that is just for illustration.

The tubing is very strong and the stand is very easy to set up. Only takes a minute to take down and set up.

You get a bracket which you need to fix onto the back of your dartboard, this is then placed on the stands pole and tightened to secure. Unluckily for me my bracket was a bit bent, so I got in touch with Guy who offered to send a new bracket. But I said I would try to fix it first. I just put it in a vice and a little tweak and it was perfect.

I guess with these sort of things there is always one part that can slip through quality control or it may have been damaged in transit, but was no big deal really.

I was not expecting this stand to be completely wobble free, as I cant see how it is possible to stay 100% still when there is a heavy weight on the end of a long pole, but I was more than happy with its performance and it is just perfect for me.

The stand packs up nice and small too and the bracket can stay on the board and the board can be stored separate if you ever need to transport it around.

Overall I would give this a very good 9/10 Very Happy

Check out my vid review below:

Guy has a special deal on for Darts Nutz members for this:

All orders placed during the month of November (Quoting Darts Nutzs) will be entered in to a prize draw.

1st Prize will receive a Brand New Set of Carrera Darts.
2nd prize will receive a Brand New Unicorn HD Dartboard.

All orders to be placed by e-mailing Guy at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at £65 per Unit.

Last edited by getagrip on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 am

Great review bud! Seems like a solidly built stand.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:59 am

Its pretty good and I am told it is very popular with the Pro Players too.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 am

Great review Grip, with my board being stuffed in the airing cupboard I may have to invest in one of those, hardly any wobble at all considering the board is basically stuck on the end of a pole.

+1 trohy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 am

It is far far better than the one I was using, I never expected it to be wobble free but its very good overall.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:38 am

Hmmmm, just looking, cheapest looks to be about £90 delivered so maybe I'll give it a miss for now.

Remember one a while back that hung over a door - had the warning sign on the reverse so people know you were playing darts on the other side - I'll have a look for one of them I think.... Although, I bet they are about same price Me Thinking

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 am

get this one if you can, best thing I ever bought. DO NOT buy one of those overpriced door hangers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am

Make him an offer of £60 and he may accept:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 am

That's the one Mac, may have to invest in one of those if I can get it at a good price over here, looks perfect.

I may do that too Grip, he may want more than £60 but you never know unless you ask, plus I could put that in a better spot than the back of the bathroom door.

Cheers both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am

Well after seeing this I got online to see what I could find.....found a Tripod speaker stand exactly like this one for $24 in the US with shipping and duty charges...$64 total saved myself Few dollars!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Guy has a special deal on for Darts Nutz members for this:

All orders placed during the month of November (Quoting Darts Nutzs) will be entered in to a prize draw.

1st Prize will receive a Brand New Set of Carrera Darts.
2nd prize will receive a Brand New Unicorn HD Dartboard.

All orders to be placed by e-mailing Guy at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at £65 per Unit.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
Well after seeing this I got online to see what I could find.....found a Tripod speaker stand exactly like this one for $24 in the US with shipping and duty charges...$64 total saved myself Few dollars!!!!

if its anything like the dj lighting stand in my vid then they are too thin and wobbly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 pm

I like these, saw a vid of Bunting throwing at one. Looks very sturdy.
Back to top Go down
jonboy24

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 am

Does that 65 pound offer still stand?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

jonboy24 wrote:
Does that 65 pound offer still stand?

I would think so, send him an email he is very helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
jonboy24

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks I will do, you still happy with yours? Seems the perfect solution for me, my house is rented and I cant put a board up on the wall, really missing playing darts!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am

yeah I am happy with mine, works good enough for me.

I have one downstairs on a wall too but from what you describe it should be just right for your needs.
Back to top Go down
jonboy24

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 am

Ordered mine today. Great service from guy. 65 quid and posted it straight away. Should have it by Friday.

Thoroughly recommend using him.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 am

Nice one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Could you fix a pole from the wall to the board to make it more sterdy?
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Skyblueadam wrote:
Could you fix a pole from the wall to the board to make it more sterdy?

I thought the same thing Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Possibly, I think on video though the camera makes the wobble seem worse, its not as off putting or noticeable as it looks really. Does not affect throwing the darts for me as by the time I gear up for the next throw any previous wobble has settled down.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm quite a fast player so I think that it would affect me.
Just like to lodge it against the board?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand   Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1