We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts laying below horizontal  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts laying below horizontal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mattstan

mattstan

Darts laying below horizontal  Empty
PostSubject: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Started using phase 5 from the box on the weekend. Took a bit of getting used to, but once i worked them out Im like a madman, hitting a great deal more than I usually manage.
Im not sure if I have a problem but the darts have the slickstick set up with the coal cracker flights and when they land they pull down to below horizontal.I tried changing to kite and pear and the accuracy goes to the dogs.
I don't mind them looking ugly in the board as long as they are going where i want them too, which they are, very very well.
Anyone else had this to deal with.
Matt
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I always thought that the bigger the flight the more forgiving!!!

I would be goind the next size surface area up from a coal cracker.

for me a kite droops (point down) more than a pear.

The main surface area on a coal cracker is to the rear like a kite. I think the kite is gunna be the your best bet if ya wana lift the tail.

Maybe you just have to experament further. Try your crackers for 10 sets get an avg then the kites then the pears. do this a few times to see if accuracy is being affected or if it was just one of those mind things.

Maybe also try the small ruthless vortex shape.

good luck
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 am

Have you tried using shorter stems ? I was using shorts and my darts where above the horizontal and after switching to mediums they sit almost level.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 am

My phase 5s do the same thing. I have DXM flights wich are even smaller. I tried kite's and standards and same thing -all over the place. I think it's the heavy short dart - at least for my type of throw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 am

try a slim flight they should land dead straight then
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 am

I switched to a sigma dart from a data dart bout 2 years ago, when i threw the sigmas i hated the angle of entry to the board, (flat lie) its the change you see, but the darts were going where i wanted them to go. After throwing these for a couple of weeks i grew accustomed to the flat lie and began to like it, I use the slikstik shaft and the sigma pro flight, i have used a slim flight and they land flight down, (hanging dart i call it ) pear flights bring them back up or like i said sigma pro flights do to,play around with them but once you get used to that angle of entry you will never change back, i didnt and wont, hope this helps.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:43 am

with my andy hamiltons 23g i just used a medium stem and standard flight stood up nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts laying below horizontal    Darts laying below horizontal  Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts laying below horizontal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1