We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesone80 dot trainer dartboard LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

one80 dot trainer dartboard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

one80 dot trainer dartboard Empty
PostSubject: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 am

i got this board roughly a week ago. i was looking for a new board and read many reviews and thought about getting a blade 4 or a bulls advantage. then i thought well as i'm learning i should perhaps get a trainer board. then i thought well i can't hit full size doubles and trebles what hope would i have on one of them ? then i seen this and thought yeah that seems like a good idea........
so the box arrives and i takes the board out ans straight away i'm far from impressed. this was a £40 board so i was expecting a bit more quality. the "white" segments are a dark sort of nicotine stained colour lol and this makes the board look years old. the ink in the black areas seems to me to be really thin and the board its self has a very rough feel all over. the spider on it is made of triangular wire and is about 4mm wide. from the trebles to the bull it sticks right out of the board! i've tried pushing it back in ,but it just keeps popping back up. the ring round the bull isn't fixed in anyway and just sort of floats around loosely. also the sisal seams to be denser in some areas with darts either bouncing out or dropping out in some to going right in in other areas.now the reason for getting this board. as the box says "21 bulls on a board"
"during a demonstration, a dart player inserted a piece of match into the dartboard and used it as the target for his practise.
this inspired the one80 dot trainer dartboard: practise at darts is actually a practise of point concentration.the one80 dot trainer dartboard has dots or small circles on each sector of the single, double and triple areas,to help players to focus and aim. by practising on the dot trainer dartboard, dart players will develop the skill of visualizing the target dots or circles on regular dartboards.it's only a small modification, but can tremendously improve the accuracy of each throw of darts by training players concentration on certain points.
in addition, the 20 small circles on the single sectors are all at the same size as the bullseye, hence the life of the dartboard is increased, with 21 bullseyes for practise."
a lot of drivel !
the dots aren't even centred they are all squint. all that said thought i still actually like the idea and feel it has helped me on the singles i don't really see the need for the doubles and singles to have a small dot. i also found hitting the "bulls" on the 11 and six a lot easier as i had been having trouble with the actual bull. for some reason i find it easier throwing at it from a slight angle rather than straight on. yesterday i hit 7 single bulls and 1 double in a minute !!!
if this board cost less like about £18 to £20 pounds i would recommend it ,but if it wearing out quite fast and the overall quality for £40 i'd say leave it well alone.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
the 20 after a week
squint dots
the spider
a 180 for no reason other than to show it off. notice no where near the dot lol
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 am

Good review Jamie. Very interesting to see that the dots aren't centered, and the condition of the board is wild bad, especially for that price. I like you like the idea of a trainer board but I think it's fair to say that I'll not be investing in one until improvements are made.

Last edited by Bigshow on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aboji

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 am

That board is only one week old? WOW!

Great idea the one80, but it looks like it does not wear well.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 am

Nice review Jamie. I'm adding a dartsnutz reviewer badge to your profile!
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 am

thanks bigshow and aye keep your money in yer pocket !
aboji , yup one week and i've played on my winmau board a few times in the last 7 days so it has had under 10 hours played i reckon. their darts are good but the board sucks. while i was waiting for this board i noticed the did another board call the gold . it looked really nice so i sent them an email to see if i could get one in the UK . never got an answer , but there is no chance i'll be getting one anyway.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 am

cheers for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 am

Nice review mate, I think £40 seems a bit steep, if it was just for practice then it may serve its purpose but a price of £20 may be more appropriate. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am

Go for the Blade 4 and use chalk to put dots on it.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Exactly- thats what I do.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Jimbo21 wrote:
Exactly- thats what I do.

As soon as I saw this over at DC a while back I thought just use chalk if you want to do this. Chalk may be ok, but personally speaking I reckon those big dots on the board would put me off more than help me.

And I agree with the above - for a board that is only a week old that is shocking
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

You get used to the dots that is until you turn it then those two red dots put you right of . Yup shoulda got a blade 4
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just use chalk !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:25 am

Good review Jamie,
helps me decide I don't want one really. I just will continue using chalk if I want to practice a particular section. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one80 dot trainer dartboard   one80 dot trainer dartboard Empty

Back to top Go down

one80 dot trainer dartboard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-