We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagestore up flights LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

tore up flights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shrek

shrek

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 am

How banged up do you let your flights get before you switch them out. Mine are getting nicks and dents on them but still seem to be flying good.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 am

Fair bit but Ill use neat ones for comp
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 am

For practice I'll play with chips and nicks. I'll usually use a nail file to sand off the bits that hang over the edges to keep them smooth. If there is a tear or rip I toss them out. For matches, I'll use new or near new flights.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm

I usually get around 2 - 3 weeks out of a set depending on how tightly I'm grouping them.

If I get a tear in 1, I will replace all 3.

In practice, I will use tatty flights until I think that they are putting my dart off.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Same as Jimbo
Back to top Go down
m1ghty

m1ghty

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

til the wont go back on. im broke so ill use flights till a wing falls off. Got some L-flights about a month ago and they are lasting pretty good. Only on one dart is the flight ripped down the side.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm

m1ghty wrote:
til the wont go back on. im broke so ill use flights till a wing falls off. Got some L-flights about a month ago and they are lasting pretty good. Only on one dart is the flight ripped down the side.

cry laugh we got the same boat cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 pm

I change the flight as soon as its damaged, too always train the way to play.
What do you do with old flights. I am collecting them for a wall decoration.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I dont mind using them with a few rough edges but I sometimes hit my cheek on the drawback and it hurts when the edges are all raggy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm

i buy all the same flights the just changed the one thats damage
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:36 am

dartsrotty wrote:
i buy all the same flights the just changed the one thats damage

I've been doing that for a while now. I bulk buy 100 sets of Amazon flights and change individual flights as and when needed. I probably go through 200 sets a year.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 am

I let my flights ride until they rip. Otherwise, I don't see much of a difference because the tail end is pulling apart. Then again... I'm not that great of a shot. So, there isn't much to notice lol!
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:02 am

i tend to get a decent usage out of flights however it can differ depending on the flight and the darts thrown but all in all once they wear i replace them straight away.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:08 am

When I used aluminum stems without the Trident 180s, I would go through several sets per week. They just got ground to shreds within a few hours of practice.

Since I switched to nylon stems and rings, and added the tridents, I'm using 2-3 sets a month.

I do switch to a new set for comps, but I'm not playing much competitively this year, so I just switch back to my practice set after the match and still have a basically pristine set in a tube in my dart case waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 am

Use a fresh set every week for match play. Keep tatty ones for practise until they get torn, at which point they go in the bin
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Big Gun

Big Gun

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 am

I echo what the Fox is saying. New set every match might get 2 matches Mon night & Fri night but then use them for practice at home but once they get raggy or torn they go in the bin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tore up flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: tore up flights   tore up flights Empty

Back to top Go down

tore up flights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1