We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesExtractor Driver LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Extractor Driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Coach

The Coach

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Do we really need something like this? I just saw it on the A-Z site. What is it used for? I admit, I do like tools. Is this for if a point break off in the board? confused

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm

It is for removing broken shafts from the end of the dart.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm

A bit expensive for what it does - this one is a lot cheaper for the same job

I believe this is the tool you need for getting soft tip points out of the board:

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm

That plastic tip remover only pushes the broken tip through the segment. I use one of them if I cant get hold of the broken tip with long nose pliers.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 pm

I was wondering how they worked never having played soft tip before. I had visions of having to gouge the tip out of the mesh but dismissed that as it would kill the board lol.

Out of interest is there a little dish or something at the bottom of the board where the broken tips fall to once you push them through?
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:44 pm

This is what I use to get the soft points out of the board:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid

On my boards, there is no dish or anything to catch the broken tips, they just stay in there until I take the board down. I don't break too many anyway. You just need to be careful when you remove the dart. Seriously, I just use an old gunsmith's pick (looks like a skinny ice pick) and push them through.
Back to top Go down

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

mc1958 wrote:

Out of interest is there a little dish or something at the bottom of the board where the broken tips fall to once you push them through?

I used to work for a vending company and I worked on the old Galaxy boards. Each segment is just a small compartment. You can empty the segments out every once in awhile. But rarely do they fill up. The compartment is approx 1/2 inch deep. It would take 100's of broken tips to fill it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Extractor Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extractor Driver   Extractor Driver Empty

Back to top Go down

Extractor Driver

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-