We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesJack Hood Darts - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Jack Hood Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Oh dear, I was afraid you would mention those lol!

Yeah they do seem a mystery, dont even know where to start with them???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

LOL, yep, sorry grip, thought you might like a real challenge ! Very Happy

I will take some better photos, and look for any indication of when these could have been made, they actually say patent pending on them if I remember, although it's not a lot to go on !

Doe's anyone know then the earliest is that they started using brass for material ? got to at least 1930 ish ?
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 pm

There is a Patent number on the pen. Patrick gave me a link for English patents to look for it but it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I did try to do some research on it but have had no luck so far. When I get home from work tonight I will post the patent number and the link in case any of you want to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 pm

dartbord wrote:
There is a Patent number on the pen. Patrick gave me a link for English patents to look for it but it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I did try to do some research on it but have had no luck so far. When I get home from work tonight I will post the patent number and the link in case any of you want to give it a go.

Ah so yours actually have a number on ? Mine just say 'patent pending' on the screw cap(i've not looked at them for a while, but I'm certain there isn't a number on my ones), If you can give me a number I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Not sure when brass was first used, I would have though it was earlier than the 1930's but could be wrong on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:33 am

I love reading stuff like this. Learn so much on this site. Smile
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 am

Sorry guys, too busy with work to have time to get on here. I checked my pen dart and I was mistaken. It says PATENT PROV around the top cap. I tried looking back in the 1940's - 50's era. Did not have any luck so far and it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Only someone like Grip would have that kind of time for the mindless research. Sounds like a winter project to me.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Yeah they look like the variants alright, nice find.

Never knew that patents info would be so interesting Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm

getagrip wrote:
Yeah they look like the variants alright, nice find.

Never knew that patents info would be so interesting Very Happy

I was really suprised they're that old, I thought they were from the 90's maybe.

Great to see stuff like this, I also found something else that looks a bit mad, will post it in a sec, my internet crashed and I need to find it again.

Last edited by Stuart180 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah cool!

How are you finding them, just searching darts patents?
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 pm

getagrip wrote:
Yeah cool!

How are you finding them, just searching darts patents?

Google have a patent search, I have been trying to refine my search terms but have noticed it's only annoyingly showing 'US Patents' (despite searching for UK ones).

I am just reading up on the words "PATENT PROV" (The words stamped on the brass cap).

Seems to mean - "Provisional Patent" or "provincial Patent" (not sure what the difference is) , which is described here - http://inventors.about.com/od/provisionalpatent/a/Provisional_Pat.htm

Seems to be that it gives you a year or so's cover to test out your product before going for a full patent.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm

I've cheated a bit here and email the intellectual property office to see if they can offer any advice and and possibly point us in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Nice work Stu, lets hope they can help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Awsome finds. I gotta have that retractable dart pen. That is a US Patent taboot. I was looking only under English patents figuring that were it was from since you guys have all off the cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm

dartbord wrote:
Awsome finds. I gotta have that retractable dart pen. That is a US Patent taboot. I was looking only under English patents figuring that were it was from since you guys have all off the cool stuff.

Where about were you looking ?
I'm struggling to find any English ones.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 pm

After reading some of the 70's mags, often the new stuff says patent applied for in U.S. before it does the U.K. I wonder if it was quicker to have a patent granted in the U.S.?
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Id just like to throw mine into the mix, Iv'e come across four sets of these now, three of them in the Jack Hood tin, and then Stuarts Torpal Darts, Mine came in the tin with the same N.O.T.W flights as Stuart's. When Steve P sold his collection he had a set in the tin with the same flights, so I dont Think Darren's got misplaced into the wrong tin either. Maybe Jack Hood Bought a few sets and repackaged them, or maybe Torpal bought a few sets of Jack Hood and re packaged them, or maybe even they both bought from the same supplier and packaged them,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Hmm its a mystery for sure, guess we will never know the real reason?
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 am

Yeah totally agree shafted, Jack Hood must have either purchased a job lot (or Torpal purchased a load of cases).
To coincidental.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 am

Winmau wrote:
I love reading stuff like this. Learn so much on this site. Smile
im with you champ i enjoy reading history of darts
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 am

I seen those and was going to bid, but thought they went a bit high really. I know who the winner was though.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:40 am

So was I, and didn't bid for the same reason, looking winner was beerwig
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 am

yeah thats right. If the condition was better they may have been worth it, but not good enough for me really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Hood Darts   Jack Hood Darts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Hood Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2