We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat darts do you think is vastly over priced ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? Empty
PostSubject: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

For me its Laser Black Widows and the Bottelsons Mega thrust GT's. awwww they crazy man. Oops forgot those Japanese darts, thought at first that it was their telephone number but was the price of the darts affraid
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 am

Yeah, Cosmos (darts and accessories), Bottelsens and most Phil Taylor darts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:58 am

Pretty much anything that has a brand associated with it.

I always get the no name darts for cheap.

Not that I'm a cheapskate by any means, but I always seem to find a deal on darts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

Winmau wrote:
Pretty much anything that has a brand associated with it.

I always get the no name darts for cheap.

Not that I'm a cheapskate by any means, but I always seem to find a deal on darts.

And yer wallet creaks like a squeaky hinge when you open it lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Anything Japanese or American
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Most darts are way overpriced IMO, having worked at an Engineers for years, it's pretty easy to turn a tungsten billet into a dart (even easier to CNC multiple darts).

I would say that that with the CNC set up, you could produce a set of darts in under a few minuets (including fitting points).

I would say a fair price for a set of darts would be £25 (with a nice quality darts case etc) and the lower end with a cheap case etc.

How some of these companies have the cheek to be charging £80+ is beyond me.

They are without a doubt ripping people off.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Kind of agree with Stuart really to a point.

Tungsten has increased in price but not to the extent of the prices the Japanese are charging for their darts.

If you can buy a cheap set of 90% tungsten darts for less than £15 why is a 90% set from say Cosmo worth £100+?

They could argue that there is a lot of design gone into the dart and that it has a big marketing budget etc but that still does not justify such a large price tag to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Target darts in the states! $110 for a set of Aidy lewis. Also anything with Taylors name on it
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 pm

But yet we still buy them....lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:01 am

As people have said, most darts associated with Phil Taylor are ridiculously over-priced. I could understand if they upped your average by 5-10 points but they don`t. I won`t even entertain the thought of purchasing a set over £50.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am

Anything over £30 is a rip off imho.......... still gonna buy those new Target Carrera's though at £50 Embarassed Looking at them gives me wood Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Most American made darts.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:09 pm

If they're played darts then they're bound to be more expensive so the player gets money and then the brand. I don't know why people don't use harrows darts. 90% tungsten and made quite well. I wouldn't pay more than £30 unless I decide to get customs.

Winamu darts seem quite fairly priced
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 am

American, Japanese, and Target darts.
Back to top Go down
1in1out

1in1out

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

i agree with some of the lads anything to do with taylor or unicorn big name big brand big price about 18 months back paid 67 euro golden 24g world champio taylors
Back to top Go down
Murphy180

Murphy180

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am

Anything made by Unicorn Smile Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/jamesmurphy1888
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 pm

"Anything made by Unicorn" +1

Barrel shapes are always changing and being developed. You way to charge me more, give me something new to try, something different. Love them or hate them things like storm points, Cosmo flights/shafts or L-Style....they offer a tangible reason to charge more for a dart.

As touched on above, a big reason for darts being as expensive as they are relates to professional players. Datadart are notorious for taking regular line darts, etching a name onto them, and sellin them for more.
Unicorn promote themselves as being leaders in the market. I haven't seen anything truly new or innovative from Unicorn in years. They always seem to be releasing 'new' stuff that is already on the market, then promoting the crap out of it as being 'in development for the last decade, we had to make sure it was perfect'.....bullsh!t. Skippy in marketing brought up at a meeting that you could sell a lot of 'X' right now...bang! Development done.

Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Unicorn, Target and even Harrows (I.C.E. and Fire) darts are expensive here. They charge double or triple the prices abroad. Same goes with boards and dart accessories.

Only Winmau has a tolerable pricing. But the selection is very limited.

Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 pm

phase 5 -6 and sigmas then you can get harry annals for 25 quid . look very similar sigma style 97 percent tungsten darts .perhaps its just cos his name is dangerously closed to hairy anal they are cheaper Laughing
Back to top Go down
PoloNero

PoloNero

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 am

Anything with a splashing of gold paint!
Back to top Go down
dark-horse

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 am

Darts is in ya head not your hand so much , Once watched aBristo play an exhibition he threw different darts every time at random from spectators and did very well with all much to the owners disgust , If you have a good head and arm the actual dart is just fine tuning in my humble opinion wow!
Back to top Go down
dukefnwayne

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 am

All you lads bashing American darts lol... I'll send you my Bottelsen Darts and you send me whatever you have so I can know what is over priced and not lol. <<<< I say that with a ton of humor.

But I always believed with darts its all mental and technique. I only worry about weight and feel, not the price. When I got my new set last week, I literally threw 9 different sets of darts, Harrows, Bottlesen, Laser, and even the Target Carreras pictured above. All the darts where from $45-$110. Do I say that the Target Carreras are over priced? No. But would I buy them? No. If you gave them to me would I use them? Absolutely. I spent $65 on a set of Bottelsens that I throw better than I ever had. My confidence in accuracy and consistency is through the roof. You can put a price on that.

To me darts is technique but mostly mental. Unlike golf where its mostly technique with a bit of mental. And this is coming from a guy who has a $400 driver fitted to me that gives me an extra 10-15 yards off the tee. You cant spend $110 on darts instantly be better.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 am

good point Duke well taken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?   What darts do you think is vastly over priced ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What darts do you think is vastly over priced ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1