We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:25 pm

I ordered a bag of Rosin with my last order, not really knowing what it was or if it would work, but I had a couple of pounds left in my Paypal account and though what the heck.

Well as I didn't know much about it other than it claimed to give better grip on the darts i thought I would share my thoughts with the Darts Nutz.

Ok, so here it is, come's in a resealable plastic bag, the flight is for comparison of the size of the product.
Forrest Darter Rosin - Better Grip for Dart Control:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Inside the plastic bag is a sealed cloth pouch containing the Rosin powder:

The cloth pouch is designed to allow the powder to coat your fingers through the material as you rub and dab it between your fingers:

As you can see, the powder settles into the fingers print, supposedly absorbing the moisture and giving better grip:

Conclusion:

Well the idea is that it gives extra gripping power and absorbs moisture, however I would say for dry hands it draws out a little moisture allowing better grip, for sweaty hands it soaks up moisture so for it's intended purpose of giving better grip it gets full marks from me, it settles the moisture on the fingers giving a nice balance if your hands are too dry or too sweaty.

Price: £2.29
Rating: 5/5

For a couple of pounds it works for me, in my opinion it is worth a try if you are struggling with grip, and like I say it works on both dry and sweaty hands balancing the moisture and providing a balanced grip.

Back to top Go down
maverick

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Nice review there Rebel , Never used it myself as it may well put pay to one of my excuses for a stray dart ,, That one slipped in my fingers lol
I think some people rate it higher than others but i guess like many things in darts it a personal thing , Glad it works for you tho mate !
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Very true Mav, I have tried the wax and found it actually made the darts slippy but this powder did the trick for me. And yeah, no more excuses of the dart slipping through the fingers once they are coated in Rosin Laughing

I don't always use it but take it with me just in case my hands get very dry or really sweaty, in normal conditions I find I dont actually need it, but for a couple of quid it ticks the box for me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Nice one Greg!

I have some of that, it came with some darts I got off Ebay, but I dont really use it. I have checked it out though and think it will be helpful if you suffer from sweaty fingers, I wonder if that is what Taylor keeps in his pocket?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 am

I always presumed Taylor had one of those wax pads in his pocket but I guess it could be the Rosin powder, it would certainly fit.

I also notice Scott Waites has something in his hand when he throws, again I presumed it was a wax pad but guess it could be a bit of natural chalk or something, you will see him pass it from one hand to the other as he retrieves his darts from the board.

Either way, shows that even a few of the Pro's use products to enhance their grip.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:08 am

The wax never did any good for me, just can't see any benefit from wax
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:59 am

I also heard that Taylor has wax in his pocket! Probably a big wad of cash in his other pocket as well!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 am

LOL! it might be a wad of cash in both, he likes to rub it between throws for inspiration!
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 am

I myself have tried most of the grip products, and the Rosin are by far the best product for me.

As you say, it helps with the grip on both dry and sweaty hands.

And the cost are very low because the rosin bag holds for so long. I have had mine for a year now, and it still works, I made the mistake of throwing my pants into the washing machine with the rosin in. but after it dried i banged it a bit with a hammer, and poff, the bag works as good as before Very Happy

Lovely product and good price.

A 5/5 of me also.

Smile

Cheerio!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 am

Thanks for review.
Back to top Go down
Guitartjeppen

Guitartjeppen

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 am

I use a piece of school board chalk which I put in a glass of water 'till
it sinks and no more air bubbles come from it. Then I rub my darts with
it. I used to use dry chalk, but that made the dart boards a played go white
with the dust, and a couple of landlords complained they couldn't get the stuff
of the glasses I drank out of Evil or Very Mad
Now my question is : can you compare the feel of the rosin to that of wet chalk ?
I have tried wax, and I don't like the feel of it.
The only thing that works for me is the wet chalk.
Back to top Go down
Guitartjeppen

Guitartjeppen

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 am

Rebel wrote:

I ordered a bag of Rosin with my last order, not really knowing what it was or if it would work, but I had a couple of pounds left in my Paypal account and though what the heck.

Well as I didn't know much about it other than it claimed to give better grip on the darts i thought I would share my thoughts with the Darts Nutz.

Ok, so here it is, come's in a resealable plastic bag, the flight is for comparison of the size of the product.
Forrest Darter Rosin - Better Grip for Dart Control:

Inside the plastic bag is a sealed cloth pouch containing the Rosin powder:

The cloth pouch is designed to allow the powder to coat your fingers through the material as you rub and dab it between your fingers:

As you can see, the powder settles into the fingers print, supposedly absorbing the moisture and giving better grip:

Conclusion:

Well the idea is that it gives extra gripping power and absorbs moisture, however I would say for dry hands it draws out a little moisture allowing better grip, for sweaty hands it soaks up moisture so for it's intended purpose of giving better grip it gets full marks from me, it settles the moisture on the fingers giving a nice balance if your hands are too dry or too sweaty.

Price: £2.29
Rating: 5/5

For a couple of pounds it works for me, in my opinion it is worth a try if you are struggling with grip, and like I say it works on both dry and sweaty hands balancing the moisture and providing a balanced grip.

Thank you very much for the review, I thought the rosin was going to be some sticky stuff like violin or fiddle players put on their bow.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 am

No problem, glad it was helpful.

I lost mine last week (think I left it at the pub) so will be ordering another bag.

I find I dont need it all the time but like to have it with me just in case.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Having read the review I thought I would try the darter rosin.
I have been using wax for the last 8 months as my fingers are quite dry.
I found the wax helped, as I didn't have to constantly lick and rub my fingers and thumb.

I got the rosin yesterday and was amazed at how good the stuff is.
Straight away I got extra grip and it also lasts for a long time.
I could really feel the difference, as I use smooth barrel copper tungsten's.

It is a very good product, and is easy to apply with the pouch and bag. It also doesn't make a mess and can fit in your pocket easily.

I thought it was going to be just a plastic bag of white dust. That would get all over your clothes and dart board like Keith Deller in the 80's! But after your review Rebel it enlightened me! Great review and product!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Good to hear Very Happy

It is so good some thieving beggar nicked my pouch the other week, so I bought another http://i111.photobuc

I find that I dont always need it but the times that I feel the darts are slipping/ my hands are dry it helps massively.
As you say, a great product, it doesnt make a mess and fits in your pocket or wallet for when you need it.
Back to top Go down
Guitartjeppen

Guitartjeppen

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:53 am

Bought mine last week at Andy's Darts in Rotterdam.
It really does the trick.
No more wet chalk for me ... good job
Back to top Go down
dukefnwayne

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am

Brings me back to my days of Baseball in High School.

Rosin was my best friend pitching, and when I played outfield I had some pine tar on my glove with a bit of rosin on it to keep my fingers dry for better grip.

But I'll remember this if I ever have an issue with gripping my darts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.   Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rosin by Forrest Enterprise Inc.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-