We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat do you think causes Bounce outs? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What do you think causes Bounce outs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

What do you think causes Bounce outs? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 am

Is it the board? Is it the darts? Is it that you're too accurate? Or a combination of all these or something else I haven't thought about?

Only reason I ask is that during last night's game I had quite a lot of them!! 2 of them was for 180's as well, first 2 in and 3rd one bouncing out the treble!! Gggrrrrrrrr!!!

Even the other team were commenting on how many I had, no-one else seemed to be getting any and I'm just wondering if it is down to grouping too close as I was on it last night with an 82 average. Smile
Back to top Go down
maverick

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 am

I prefer to believe its just pure and simple bad luck , Also could be attributed to a particular type of throw as it seems to me that those who have a more looping trajectory suffer bounce-outs more than the more direct thrower , Just my opinion but will be very interested in others opinions Smile
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 am

I put it don't to all three of these. Obviously the newer boards are helping to reduce the amount with smaller wires etc, i find some darts do tend to bounce out more but i think its down to the flight and stem set up and possibly your style of throw with these darts, the accuracy will also increase the number but it shouldnt be too bad as the pro's can get away with it. In my opinion one of the major causes of a bounceout is bad luck.

On a different note, you must have been throwing well to hit that avg with all the bounce outs. well played mate
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 am

In your case the way you described it seems like you could have covered on the 19's maybe. Most of my bounceouts are from trying to be greedy instead of covering
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 am

Quite a few Tons/Ton+ last night including a 180 as well Hit 2 1 dart checkouts as well which always helps the averages. Just wondering what it could have been without the bounce outs.

I do tend to have a slight looping throw compared to a more direct throw, but that's always been the way I throw and it's never been as bad as it was last night. My set up hasn't changed in about 10 Months - same stems, flights, rings, flight protectors.

It was a Blade 4 so no different from what I usually play on in the pub. It was just a weird night, even in practice before the game I seemed to be getting a lot as well.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:49 am

USMC80 wrote:
In your case the way you described it seems like you could have covered on the 19's maybe. Most of my bounceouts are from trying to be greedy instead of covering

The way my grouping goes is that normally if I get 2 in they are right in the corner of the bed as they were last night, so plenty of room in the bed for the 3rd one. They were practically identical lie to the 180 I did hit.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am

Maybe just put it down to pure unluckyness then and move on. Maybe subconsiously you didn't want your avg to get any higher. haha lol!
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 am

I was more gutted that I want to retain my 180 Champions crown in the League and getting 3 in one night would certainly have helped. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 am

Nice shooting Chris,
as far as bounce outs if you hit the wire ya have a great chance of bouncing outs. However before each match I scuff my darts and inspect the points to make sure they are reasonably sharp like when u buy them. Iam not from the school of rounded points. I like mine like when u buy them new.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am

I blame those pesky aliens, meddling again!

lol no I think its a combination of factors, the angle the point enters the board and the momentum behind it, whether it hits an unusually hard spot of bristle, a dart that has not been thrown accurately??
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 am

chrisbamb wrote:
Is it the board? Is it the darts? Is it that you're too accurate? Or a combination of all these or something else I haven't thought about?

Only reason I ask is that during last night's game I had quite a lot of them!! 2 of them was for 180's as well, first 2 in and 3rd one bouncing out the treble!! Gggrrrrrrrr!!!

Even the other team were commenting on how many I had, no-one else seemed to be getting any and I'm just wondering if it is down to grouping too close as I was on it last night with an 82 average. Smile

It can be any and all the factors you've listed. In general, I think throwers with lighter darts and/or more arced shots are more prone to them that throwers with heavier darts and/or more direct shots. In your description it sounds like you don't feel you normally have a high number of bounce outs and it was coincidental on this night that you kept hitting your other darts. I jokingly lament sometimes that it is the curse for being able to put three darts in the same hole. I know people who go months, years, without having to change flights because they rarely throw darts consistently enough to hit them. Being "too accurate" sometimes seems like a good problem to have!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:52 am

Hmmm. After thinking about this and reading everyone's comments, I have to say it's the board. Followed by luck. Remember, there are 2 kinds of luck. Good & bad.

Watch a PDC or BDO match. These guys are pretty good right? How many actual bounce outs do you see? I'm going to have to say MAYBE 1. An ACTUAL bounce out? Off a wire? Pretty rare with these boards.

If you want to talk about a deflection off a flight, well that's another story all together.

Adding to what Ochejockey said above me. I shoot with the lightest dart out of anyone I know other then Hankey. My dart weighs 14.5 grams. I've been playing with them for about a month and check this out... not one bounce out. Granted I have a new board, the Blade 4. In that month time I've had a handful (one handful) of deflections but even that is pretty rare for me.
Still waiting on that one legit bounce out with this board. A tip to the wire.

Hard to imagine someone getting a lot of darts on the floor in today's age of advanced boards. Even the movable tip darts are no longer around. No need for them as there are no staples on boards anymore.

Was there an air conditioner close by? Maybe a slight breeze by a door being opened?
Maybe just chalk it up to a bad night?

That's all I got. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 am

was grip there, hes like a black cat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think causes Bounce outs?   What do you think causes Bounce outs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think causes Bounce outs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1