We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesIt's Been A While LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

It's Been A While

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:20 am

Put in 2-3 hours of practice last evening and it felt great.

I missed it. It was so therapeutic. Solitary time for me and my favorite past time that I love and hate .. but mostly love.

Warm up: Around the world doubles

Flight School: 17 numbers

(Meanwhile my chicken was cooking on my Rotisserie) 55 minutes later take a break to eat dinner

Watch an episode of Burn Notice and go downstairs to finish my last two targets ... then play N01 first to win 10 games.

Now normally I play at level 7 but I haven't been the same player for a while as I haven't been playing enough and my confidence is down.

Beat the computer 10-4. 3-Dart avg: 62 First 9 Dart Avg: 71

Overall I was pleasantly surprised how quickly my stroke felt healthy and I am encouraged that I can get better again.

Highlights: 132 out, 171 and 177 scores, 15 dart game ... but most of all was how amazing it felt to play in my new home, on my new Circumluminator listening to tunes.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 am

Great to hear! Some nice numbers. I find solitaire very therapeutic as well.

Oh and we want pics of the Circumluminator please
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 am

Grey Owl way to go buddy. 17 numbers on large grouping or A-2 Laughing
On large grouping I just do them all plus bull but A-2 (triples) doing 9 numbers , all cricket numbers plus bull and double 20 and double 16. Of course sometimes 11 or 13 numbers. Impressive stats btw. happy dude

Thx for the post.
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Grey Owl way to go buddy. 17 numbers on large grouping or A-2 Laughing
On large grouping I just do them all plus bull but A-2 (triples) doing 9 numbers , all cricket numbers plus bull and double 20 and double 16. Of course sometimes 11 or 13 numbers. Impressive stats btw. happy dude

Thx for the post.

I do the A-2 drill with the 17 numbers.

T19-T20-T19-D20-T19-T20-T19-D16-T19-T20-T19-D8-T19-T20-BULLS-D20-D16

I structure my practice like I would in game. Most throws are at high Triples and then you get to double .. therefore I focus on my high scoring and doubles.

As time goes by I will increase my A2 numbers to include T18, T17, T16, D18 and D4 and include a routine of 3-dart only or less takeouts from 2 - 65. (this maintains my doubles)

USMC80 wrote:

Oh and we want pics of the Circumluminator please

Yes I will take pics and bug one of you guys to help me upload and display. Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:49 am

Sounds good Owl, wish my joints would hold up for a longer practice, I wanna see pics of the circum thingy whats it too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Lefty544

Lefty544

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 am

that's some awesome darts Owl. Good to hear that your reentry to darts was smooth and enjoyable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 am

getagrip wrote:
Sounds good Owl, wish my joints would hold up for a longer practice, I wanna see pics of the circum thingy whats it too! Very Happy

Hey Grip ... I know what you mean about the joints. I had to do some back exercises after the darts cause my back ached. Tomorrow I get sized for new orthothics and tomorrow is a visit with physio for my throwing arm and shoulder. I may have to stretch and exercise before too Sad

You know what? We need to find a way to get younger !

My gramps used to say "Sonny, ... you are only as old as the woman you feel!". So perhaps we need to find ourselves much younger women Smile Smile

(screeeeeeech) Hold the fort Grip ... It just hit me ... It was gramma that used to say that.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 am

LOL! if only that was the cure! Very Happy

my wrist aches now and I only threw for 30 mins today, and as for getting younger those scientists are working on that now, they reckon someone alive now will live to 150 and some others say they will stop aging process altogether before long, no idea where everyone is supposed to live when we have about 25 billion people to support! confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Lefty544

Lefty544

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 am

They're going to be able to inhabit Mars soon. So, we will just start shipping people there spaceman
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 am

isnt one of our members from there? spaceman
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am

Outstanding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Been A While Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Been A While   It's Been A While Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Been A While

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Practice And Help :: Practice Room-