We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageschalking/marking LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

chalking/marking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 am

hi i consider myself to be a very handy dart player who has hopes of playing at a very high level in the future
but one thing i am rubbish at is chalking or marking a game i get well nervous more than when i play!!

but i am fine when checking out can work out what to go for in secounds

anyone got any tips to help me in my chalking as i make silly mistakes

cheers lion
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 am

The more you do it the better. Mark every game possible and dont let yourself feel rushed
Back to top Go down

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 am

cheers bud
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:15 am

And if someone does rush you calmly tell em to sergeant off.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am

you tell them Mac
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

I do but not so calmly. Lefty will tell ya
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

I agree with Mac, chalk more games and it will become easier. If you want to play at a higher level - ie open comps, etc - they are normally loser chalks the next game, so unless you win all the time you will need to know how to chalk.
Back to top Go down

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 pm

i can do it just make silly mistakes
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:29 pm

I think the main problem these days is electronic scorers. When i first joined up with a team, about 8 years ago now, I wasnt allowed to play until I could chalk properly and quickly.

I think, like everyones said, practise makes perfect.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
The Rage

The Rage

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Marking aint my favorite thing in darts but it's gotta be done and i'll end up all the better for it the more I do it in the end Smile

Best advice I ever got was say a player hits a 67, round that of to 70 scored and add 3 back on. It works for me but just wish I could maintain the consistancy lol

I also don't look at the board and wait for the checker so i can concerntrate on the numbers written down Smile

Mad thing is I can be all fingers and thumbs like a bumbling idiot up there marking but when i'm sat there having a pint watching one of the team doing it i'm a lot better!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am

USMC80 wrote:
I do but not so calmly. Lefty will tell ya

Errmmmm yep.... pretty much lol

The advice is spot on. Take your time and do it more often. Most dumb mistakes come from feeling rushed not because you are more prone than anyone else to making those mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chalking/marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: chalking/marking   chalking/marking Empty

Back to top Go down

chalking/marking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-