We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRed, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's Empty
PostSubject: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi all

I have been after the red, white and blue stems like what Alan Warriner used to use in the 93 Embassy World Finals.
But have only found the plain or 2 tone colour nylon stems.
Can anybody help, as they looked good with the union jack flights!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I've not seen 3 coloured stems before - have you got a picture of them?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm

I think there was some on Ebay a few weeks ago, I was tempted to get them but never then I changed my mind and it was too late, they were on a buy it now I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:40 pm

whats wrong with buying a set of rd,blue and white or is each stem tri-colored ?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm

These stems were coloured in the middle Larry
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:49 am

I have Googled to try and see what these look like as am intrigued, however nothing on there, anyone got a picture of what they look like?
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 am

Check out the 1993 Embassy final between John Lowe and Alan Warriner on You Tube, to look at the stems. Dont get distracted by Warriners shirt!!!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 am

Hahah not to my taste that shirt...

Never seen those stems before, look French. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 am

I tried to find them on Ebay as I thought the seller may still have some, but I cant find them any more. Were they made by Datadart?
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm

I believe they were made by datadart, but I am not 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi,

I think these are what you are after -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Blimey that's even more money than a set of Cosmo stems lol
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Scratch my last comment - the price is for 3 sets lol
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm guessing the OP managed to get them as the listing has ended (there were 2 sets available).
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Hopefully he did - I think it said 1 left when I looked, so that must have gone in the last 20 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Cheers Stuart, that was the listing I was thinking of but could not find it.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:49 pm

There showing as listing ended now. Nice lookin stems though
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I think it was a while ago, but assassin is in Australia so may not have got them as listing is UK only.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm

These would be dead easy to make, I'd just buy some plain white one and then mask them up and paint em.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

getagrip wrote:

I was looking for something else when I spotted them and remembered you mentioning you had seen them on there before.

I guess they must be pretty sought after if they sold out in next to no time.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Stuart180 wrote:
getagrip wrote:

I was looking for something else when I spotted them and remembered you mentioning you had seen them on there before.

I guess they must be pretty sought after if they sold out in next to no time.

yep I should have bough them when I seen them really, I think I made the mistake Mike did and thought it was for one set. Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Stuart180 wrote:
These would be dead easy to make, I'd just buy some plain white one and then mask them up and paint em.

Not sure I'd paint them as I think that would alter the balance. I reckon you could get some plain white stems and use some dye on them though.

Can't remember the brand but I was thinking of getting loads of pure white laro's a while back and dyeing them. The dye only cost about a fiver from memory and it would have been cheaper than importing a few sets from either the US or Japan. In the end I decided against it as I started using Cosmo's full time lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:24 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Stuart180 wrote:

Not sure I'd paint them as I think that would alter the balance. I reckon you could get some plain white stems and use some dye on them though.

Can't remember the brand but I was thinking of getting loads of pure white laro's a while back and dyeing them. The dye only cost about a fiver from memory and it would have been cheaper than importing a few sets from either the US or Japan. In the end I decided against it as I started using Cosmo's full time lol.

Yeah Mike its called Rit Dye
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Rit Dye - that's the one - just checked it out again - £3.75 for a sachet.

Wonder whether it would be any good on plain white Cosmo's - either stems or flights. I think I may be doing an experiment in the near future lol.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes them are the ones!
Forgot Jocky Wilson also used them.
But they had all sold out by the time I checked them out.
Both sets sold today. What a coincidence... rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:01 am

Personally, I would paint them with model kit paint, it's such a tiny amount I couldn't see it making a big difference to weight.

These are the paints Im on about - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 am

Yes that paint might work - forgot about those little tins for the old airfix kits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's   Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's Empty

Back to top Go down

Red, White and blue stems as used by Alan Warriner in the 90's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-