We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageswhizlock caps LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

whizlock caps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumandcork

rumandcork

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:03 am

using these for last couple of weeks and i do like them. I dont think its the best flight locking mechanism singularly, but they have completely eliminated my robins with the mccoys. was sticking a shaft a day nearly for couple weeks prior to Mr. jeff Bowman and the crew at darting around comping me a set off these. Now i haven't calculated the total number of throws-easily 5000- but i havn't had a single hood since starting them.

Another benefit of these is from a tuning aspect. Different barrel styles and lengths perform better with a particular rear end setup that balances the dart in flight allows the thrower to finesse the dart in ways specific to their throw. That being said, the whizlock allows you to add just a bit of weight to the very end of the dart. Any darter that likes to experiment with tuning will appreciate this.

The whizlocks work well with all nylons but the clear and flouro bubbles do not work with the whizlocks. The flight grooves are cut to shallow to accept the cap with the flight. But it can be made to work if you punch the flight closer to the end. They fit snugly onto the shaft but can loosen a bit after a couple of throws. you'll know if they are because they'll jingle when you pull them from the board. i always tap my flight ends snug after i pull my darts so thats not an issue personally. I'll also mention i've only had 2 or 3 flights pop-off while using these also, but the cap stays in the flight.

They can also be used simultaneously with rings-which i like cause together i think they become the best flight locking system. Also doubling up allows you to really load the tail. Used together, the flight is very taught.

the price is minimal for the caps and the punch itelf is around 15 bucks or so which is far better than others.
Overall, handy bit of kit. affordable, no fuss, has multiple uses, and works like it says. Gonna buy more with my next order from dartingaround.com

I'll add some picks in just a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by rumandcork on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add photo)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 am

Nice one Rum, always good to hear of peoples experiences with products. good job

Great pics too!

If it had not been for the Cosmos coming out then I probably would have give these a go, but I recently bought the shell lock system, haven't tried it yet but the punch for that system is expensive at £28!

Trouble with the Cosmo gear is the expense, and thats why I think a alternative like this can work much better for most people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 am

Nice pics Rum. Looks like a great set up. Yep I'm a McCoy groupie too lol. Great darts at a great price IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 am

Always liked the look of the whizlock but i'm currently using L flights with champagne caps, do the same job with the added bonus of a longer life span for my flights..
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rebel

Rebel

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:56 am

Great review Rum and a +1 from me trohy

I just ordered a punch and caps myself on Friday and am looking forward to giving it a try.

I am hoping the black caps are tough and was planning on trying it together with the Target rings punched through too, not sure if it will all work together though.

One think I hadn't accounted for was the back end weight that you mentioned, I'll have to see how I get on with that, but for an outlay of less than £10 I think its a product worth having a go with.

Cheers,
Greg

Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:09 am

my brother swears by the whizlock caps and i like the target rings. my friend did get one of the l-style shell lock punches and caps so i gave those a whirl. they were nice but as soon as you hit the plastic cap with a dart, the cap snaps down the ridge (where its supposed to help keep the flight at 90 degrees). my brother says the whizlock caps are a lot more durable. however it didn't seem to make a big impact on how the shells worked as they still prevented robinhoods and still had enough grab to stay firmly on the stem.

Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Well I received these this morning and after 10mins they are binned, not at all for me.

I much prefer the lock rings, the Whizlocks are slightly smaller than the hole that the punch makes leaving a gap, they pull the back of the darts down making it feel unsteady to me and they are hard to fit when using thicker flights as the flight slightly splays open the stem making the cap hard to slip on.

Glad I tried them as I was wanting to give them a go for a while but like I say, offered me nothing more than my slot rings, when fitted tightly they pull the 4 ends of the stem so tightly together that I hardly get any robing hoods anyway, only ones I get is when a battered ring offers the opportunity for a point to slip in there.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 pm

I agree with Rebel. Used the system for 10 minutes then put them away.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 am

used my mccoys without them last night and lost 2 short opals in about 45 minutes time.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 am

i've been published! lol--since they edited out the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] plug you would have thought they would have edited all the grammar mistakes out too..lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

now that im a megastar, be on the lookout for my new celebrity fragrance "silent but deadly"

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Nice one Rum, but think I will pass on odour de toilet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Nice one rum, great review mate +1
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Veni

Veni

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:30 am

I have tried them, but they werent for me. I got tired by running from end to end of the dart-club to find the caps, they did fly of all the time for me.

I use Slotpunch and target pigeon rings and it works like a treat, Smile If I get a robin hood its only the flights that get that, never in the stem Smile Halleluja Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:39 am

I used the wizlock system for a few months before I decided to try the fight flights and I can not rate them highly enough.

Like Rum, I robin hood most times I play and once I started using the wizlocks, I have not had to replace a stem. I did however lose a cap when putting a new flight on. Good thing I bought 2 sets of caps.

The one draw back I did notice was I was going through flights alot quicker. Instead of the flight popping off when hitting, it stayed put and they tended to split after a few nights use.

All in all though, I will use them again if I dont stick with the fit flights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whizlock caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: whizlock caps   whizlock caps Empty

Back to top Go down

whizlock caps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1