We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPortable dart board hanging system review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Portable dart board hanging system review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Portable dart board hanging system review Empty
PostSubject: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:02 am

I got this in on Thursday and thought I would share my impression on it. Well to start I ordered it on Monday and it arrived on Thursday so I was pleased with the shipping time. I ordered it from this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] After shipping and tax it came to 35 USD which is far better than any other system I could find.

Here is all you will need to put up your board

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- A phillips head screw driver
- A tape measure and a oche mate (I used the ochemate)
- The door hanger and 4 rubber feet for back of the board
- and of course your darts for playing and the ochemate

What you want to do using a phillips head screw driver is follow the instructions above. Very simple. This took about 3 minutes by hand and is the longest install step

After doing that you simply take the hanger by itself and hang it on the door you wish to place dart board. Close the door and take you tape measure and measure up to the slot in hanger that is 5' 8" from the floor. Now count up and remember which slot you will be placing the board in.

Remove the hanger from the door and place dartboard in correct slot. Tighten the screw on center of dartboard. You are now ready to hang to dartboard

After hanging the dartboard I double checked the height using the ochemate as seen above. It was on the money! After checking the height you want to once again use the ochemate to get your correct distance and mark your toe line.

You will see in the above pic that you do have to rig the surround to fit because of the molding on top of the door. The hanger itself does not get in the way. Another thing I was worried about was when pulling out your darts. In no way (especially when using a surround) does the board or hanger even move when pulling out your darts. Overall I give this product 10/10 and am thankful I stumbled upon it before spending 3 times the amount on another system.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:07 am

Nice one Mac, it looks like a really good and simple system that works very well, good review mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:35 am

Looks great Mac, another thing on my wish list......... drool
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:03 am

If you had an extra old surround you could easily modify it to fit with a utility knife also.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:28 am

Like all great ideas it looks simple and functional. Gonna get this to all my friends.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:53 am

Good review Mac and for the money its perfect. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:16 am

This is a pic of it hanging at the shore house

Notice when hanging on the inside of doors the surround works fine because its flush with the molding
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:08 am

I had an opportunity to throw at Mac's board with this system and must say that I give it a 10/10 myself. Works great, looks easy enough to setup, and highly portable. Last for those of you who live somewhere where wall space is limited and holes in the available wall space is unacceptable this system solves all those problems. Now, it just needs to withstand the test of time.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:17 am

Top stuff! happy dude
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 am

I got a system similar to this one to take out on the road and throw in my room when I am at a hotel. It didn't come with the bumpers for the board but I agree with your review, these simple bracket systems are unbeatable for the money. My teammate got the Unicorn On Tour Portable Dartboard and paid over $150 after shipping and I showed him this :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and needless to say he was upset. Granted, the Unicorn On Tour set up comes with a nice new Eclipse board, but I never really saw much point in practicing on a super nice board, I always either got the Muellers Tournament Razor for $25 or would talk to the owner of my league bar and get one of the old boards for free when they replace them at the beginning of each season. That could me just me however. One of my buddies enjoys giving me hell for being the "Thrifty Thrower" since I get everything used, off ebay, or just flat out build it myself (like my case and backboard).
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 am

The door hanging system is truly wonderful and has allowed me to have a dart board in my room far sooner than if I had to wait to put up a backboard and all.

I would be upset if I just got done spending $150 on a portable system myself.

I too like to grab used boards from the club that I play out of. Seeing that we get a new board per team each winter season and no one throws on them much except for the league guys. Unfortunately the quality of the boards being distributed has been declining...
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am

Cool, another very simple and affordable solution! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah, I like the look of that one, could be what I need.

Great review Mac
+1 trohy
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 am

Have you guys thought of using a paperwound board while traveling? For mounting use an old leather belt with the holes in it. Cut the buckle portion off, shut in the door, adjust so one of the belt holes align to 5' 8" and voiala you have a light disposable set up. Usually can be picked up for $10.00 and can be thrown away after the trip is over. This one even has wire dividers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
bandit92

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:53 am

just wondering would this work on any door because my door dosent really have a gap at the top
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portable dart board hanging system review   Portable dart board hanging system review Empty

Back to top Go down

Portable dart board hanging system review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-