We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPosters- got this off the net and has some very good points. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points. Empty
PostSubject: Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.   Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am

Just some thoughts on what I think make a good poster (hope it’s not too boring, long or been done before). Maybe there are some points missing or not really important but following the ‘who’s your favourite poster’ link I have come up with this list. In order of priority:

1. Someone who posts. This may seem too obvious but I have put this as a challenge to those who read but don’t post. Your contribution is as valid as any others. I stood on the side-lines reading, enjoying and disagreeing, without making a post for a while. Being part of the forum (ie posting) does take the enjoyment to a new level. No one will vote for you as a favourite poster if not posting!

2. Sincere. Actually believing what they post rather than just saying things to wind people up or create an impact. I have no problem people coming out with things I disagree with, or argue with my posts as long as they really believe it.

3. Reply to the post not the poster. It’s about principles not personalities. So if someone says they think my view is rubbish I shouldn’t take it personally (it’s not me they think is rubbish). Also if someone we usually disagree with makes a good post why disagree with it just because of who posted it?

3. Have strong opinions. How boring would it be if we all agreed all the time? But also see next point.

4. Honest when wrong about an issue. A good poster will admit, after debate that has shown them to be wrong, that they made a mistake, or have reconsidered their position after informed debate. Example: I once put Adams at the same level as Steve farmer. After being ‘shot down’ I re thought it and knew I had make a poor post. Sometimes strong convictions need to be held lightly.

5. Love of the game above love of posting. We all have our positions re orgs: some are so called ‘darts fans, some are more BDO fans whilst some (like me) are mainly PDC fans. But a passion for darts is what counts.

6. Great Knowledge of the game. It is great when a poster gives good insight about how darts works, the history of the game, good rumours they have heard, when they know key personalities in the game. It really adds to the forum when people make comments who are at events, mark on the pro tour, understand the county system, are brilliant at bring out the statistics, are connected to people in power etc. Why though at number 6? Simply this: some people don’t have this kind of insight and experience: thus may not feel qualified to contribute.

Anything missed out? In the wrong order? Now get adding DEVOSTEVE to JC’s thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.   Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am

great post larry!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.   Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks Larry, there is some very valid points in that list.

I think it covers pretty much everything. happy dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.   Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points. Empty

Back to top Go down

Posters- got this off the net and has some very good points.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1