We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNew Members Introduction - Page 3 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

New Members Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

New Members Introduction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:38 am

Welcome again Munchie !
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey Ron, great intro. You play in any leagues?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Nice intro Ron!

That sounds great travelling around in a motor home, is that for leisure reasons or is it to do with work? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:57 am

Getagrip,

In answer to your inquiry I guess you could say we travel for leisure. My wife and I retired from very high stress jobs. We both still had good health so We decided to downsize our lifestyle and travel. We sold everything and took off in the motor home to see the world and experience all we could.

We wanted something we could do together so I suggested darts as a low cost idea. 30 years ago as an undercover narcotics agent I began to play a lot of darts and really was having fun while working. My wife agreed and became hooked,so the rest is history. In our travels we always find places to play and have meet asome real characters. For example, in Bozeman , Montana we went into an Eagles Club for a cheap hamburger lunch they were having. I noticed on their club members bulletin board a notice that teams were forming for the upcoming winter league. I inquired if they had some boards and if we could throw some as none members and while in town. The lady said no problem bring your darts and I'll open the room and turn the board lights on. We finished our lunch, I went to the car got our darts. She opened the room and hit the lights and low and behold in this small college town In the rocky mountains there on the walls was 60 well maintained boards. Who knew we would find dart heaven here.

At our winter roost in south Texas we started a league and are now up to 8teams of 3 members each. Isn't life great!

Game on my new friends.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:01 am

Fantastic!

I am envious, thats a great way to live Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:07 am

I find it ironic that you were an undercover narcotics agent and lefty made a 420 reference to you

Lefty wrote:

Welcome to darts nutz munchie! Awesome name. 420 anyone? Feel free to start posting Very Happy welcome2:
Back to top Go down
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:46 am

Been retired 10 years from LE. Not sure what the reference to 420 means. But with a nickname of munchie I would be willing to bet something about Weed.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:48 am

Munchie wrote:
Been retired 10 years from LE. Not sure what the reference to 420 means. But with a nickname of munchie I would be willing to bet something about Weed.

Yes sir, for some reason all the stoners think its cool to all get together and smoke on april 20th. Hence 420
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:55 am

USMC80 wrote:
Munchie wrote:

Yes sir, for some reason all the stoners think its cool to all get together and smoke on april 20th. Hence 420

Thats Hitlers birthday, but dont know what that has to do with it?
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:57 am

Munchie wrote:

Name - Ron Speidel
Age - 60
Nickname - Munchie (given to me around 3 years old) I had been called this by everyone so much so that in kindergarten I wrote munchie for my name and not Ron.
Location - - Texas, USA Our home base for taxes, voting etc. as we live full time in our motor home and travel all over north America.
Darts Used - Unicorn 26g phase 5's w/titanium phase 5 shafts w/ standard marathon or r4x flights Also, set of 25 g puma legends w/medium unicorn gripper shafts w/same flights as my phase 5's
Favorite double - right now the 8,16,& 2 are my friends but as we all know that is subject to change. I'm sure I'll piss one of them off then tell the other 2
Highest Checkout - 80 hit a D-20 S-20 D-10
Least Darts (501) -22
Least darts (Specify, 301, Cricket etc) -
Favorite player(s) - Jockey Wilson , John Lowe, Barney and Phil Taylor
Favorite drink - Shinerbach, Fat Tire and Murphy's Irish lager beer. Glenlivete scotch
Favorite food - steak and eggs
Hobbies/passions - darts , chess and dominoes

We all hope you enjoy the site, feel free to get posting and join in the banter,

Regards,
Greg

If you like Murphy's then you should try Smithwicks. It's a little darker but a personal favorite and I happen to enjoy Murphy's as well.
Back to top Go down
coryroth

coryroth

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:09 am

Lefty544 wrote:

If you like Murphy's then you should try Smithwicks. It's a little darker but a personal favorite and I happen to enjoy Murphy's as well.

But make sure you pronounce it right...
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:35 am

USMC80 wrote:
Munchie wrote:

420 was originated by a bunch of stoners who were trying to locate a marijuana crop and they chose a meeting place and used to say to each other "4:20 Louis" Louis being the name of the statue that they met at. It eventually got shortened to just "4:20" and then all references of 4:20 (4/20, 4:20, 420, etc.) Became adopted as pot smoking times.

Last edited by Lefty544 on Sat May 19, 2012 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo)
Back to top Go down
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:00 am

Don't they know tha stuff will stunt your growth!

Tried Smithwicks once and really liked it, however, it's very hard to find here in the states.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:35 am

Drugs are bad killed my two brothers ,my Uncle and my Grandson. Not for me. Booze is enough for me.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:25 am

Munchie wrote:
Don't they know tha stuff will stunt your growth!

Tried Smithwicks once and really liked it, however, it's very hard to find here in the states.

I too like smithwicks- only place i can always find it is at the raleigh saucer- but then again these guys have anything you want.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:57 am

My local grocery sells Smithwick's. If you are a frequent flyer at a certain liquor store often you can request that they stock it and they will so long as they know you will be buying some.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: New Members............   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Any new members feel free to copy and paste the text and tell us a bit about yourself, you are all very welcome to join in the discussions, competitions and all round banter - that first post can be quite daunting but this is a good way to break the ice, its great to have new members but active members are the best party

Name -
Age -
Nickname -
Location - -
Darts Used -
Favorite double -
Highest Checkout -
Least Darts (501) -
Favorite player(s) -
Favorite drink -
Favorite food -
Hobbies -

Regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am

Rebel wrote:
Any new members feel free to copy and paste the text and tell us a bit about yourself, you are all very welcome to join in the discussions, competitions and all round banter - that first post can be quite daunting but this is a good way to break the ice, its great to have new members but active members are the best party

Name -
Age -
Nickname -
Location - -
Darts Used -
Favorite double -
Highest Checkout -
Least Darts (501) -
Favorite player(s) -
Favorite drink -
Favorite food -
Hobbies -

Regards,
Greg

Amen to that new members is good but active members are the best.
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:41 am

Name - Roger
Age - 54

Nickname - MR. 19 … Never shared story (Six years ago I used to shoot 20’s like everyone else but one day I couldn’t handle missing 20’s so darn consistently. That wonderful dart game that I built up hour by hour, day by day wasn’t there and with good reason as my focus wasn’t there as I was dealing with a death. Some Shrink might equate it to the death of my game as well. Instead of getting angry and upset over my new found predicament, I decided to change my mental mechanics and began to shoot 19’s. Immediately the self-induced pressure to perform subsided to manageable levels. I noticed that my preconceptions did not exist my new realm. So I taught myself a new game and had to strategize a new out chart using my new strengths.

Later my full passion for darts returned and I included a regimen of Flight School and built my game to new highs. People started to call me MR. 19 and actually I like it Smile I became a better more knowledgeable player with use of sites like Darts Nutz... so I am pleased to be welcomed here

Location - - Northern Ontario Canada

Darts Used – 22g John Part Golden Heroes

Favorite double – Double Top at the moment but that changes daily.

Play Darts in a SteelTip League

Highest Checkout - 167
Least Darts (501) - 11 (average game is between 21-24)
Least darts (Specify, 301, Cricket etc) – 301 (DIDO) – 6 … 101 DIDO - 3

Favorite player(s) – John Part, Jamie Caven, Denis Ovens, Roland Sholten

Favorite drink – Homemade Red Wine or Spiced Rum with Diet Coke
Favorite food - Vietnamese
Hobbies – Maintaining my Home Theater PC, making wine, organize and run an annual Dart Tournament

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:09 am

Great to have ya aboard Roger, nice introduction. Also saw you entered into the UK Open comp. Once again welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:14 am

Great introduction there Roger, very interesting reading. good job
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 am

Great intro mate. Good to have you here
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am

Nice one Roger! or should I say Mr 19 Smile

It just goes to show how much of a mental game this is at times, the mind is such a powerful tool!
Back to top Go down
Ginge180

Ginge180

PostSubject: hi   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Rebel wrote:

Name -snert
Age -40
Nickname -snert
Location - -uk
Darts Used -23g heros
Favorite double -40
Highest Checkout -170
Least Darts (501) -9
Favorite player(s) -painter,burnett
Favorite drink -carlsberg
Favorite food -sunday roast
Hobbies -
walking my dogs

Regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 pm

You must be a good player then mate, with 170 checkout and a 9 darter! happy dude
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am

Cheers snert for the personal bests. Are those recent or did you get them when you were younger?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 am

snert wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Name -snert
Age -40
Nickname -snert
Location - -uk
Darts Used -23g heros
Favorite double -40
Highest Checkout -170
Least Darts (501) -9
Favorite player(s) -painter,burnett
Favorite drink -carlsberg
Favorite food -sunday roast
Hobbies -
walking my dogs

Regards,
Greg

Whoa,
nice stats mate ! I'm jealous . Naw just kidding mate.
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 am

Name - Shane
Age - 37
Nickname -Redeye (old radio DJ handle)
Location - NW Ohio, USA
Darts Used - 24g Golden Lowes
Favorite double - 40
Highest Checkout - 154
Least Darts (501) - 15
Favorite player(s) - Whitlock (It's the mullet)
Favorite drink - Budweiser
Favorite food - Pasta
Occupation - Musician (drummer) and graphic designer
Hobbies - Bowling
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:10 am

Nice one Shane, cant go too wrong with Lowes darts either! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 am

RedeyeSPR wrote:
Name - Shane
Age - 37
Nickname -Redeye (old radio DJ handle)
Location - NW Ohio, USA
Darts Used - 24g Golden Lowes
Favorite double - 40
Highest Checkout - 154
Least Darts (501) - 15
Favorite player(s) - Whitlock (It's the mullet)
Favorite drink - Budweiser
Favorite food - Pasta
Occupation - Musician (drummer) and graphic designer
Hobbies - Bowling

Nice post redeye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduction   New Members Introduction - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Members Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next