We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesREVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 Empty
PostSubject: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:49 am

The Packaging -

It was safely packed but thrown the packaging already away,sorry!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love how it came out of the Box,you directly see the huge difference between the BLADE 3 and the BLADE 4!!
Of course i had to use my fingernail to remove some paint from the wireing but no problem at all!!
The colours are nice and bright!!

The Back -

The hole for the screw is already there,just screw it in.
you have to use a hammer to place the clips with the nails wich comes with the board!

The Wiresystem -

This is a huge step forward!!
The triangle wire system of the BLADE 3 i never liked that much because it thrown a lot of shadows to your trebles and doubles and also started twisting after while and i had to do surgerys to it!!
Also it produced a lot of Bounce outs because the triangularwire was way to thick!!
I had not one bounce out so far on the BLADE4!
The wire is deep in the board and has almost no flex to it,so if you have a bounce out,you deserve it!!! (lol)
The Numberring is white anti glare.

Here is an close up Image of the "Old" BLADE3 wire

Here is an close up Image of the "New" BLADE4 wire

Here are some images of the Wiresystem

the Trebles and doubles

The Bullseye

The Sound -

well,its loud!
the sound goes more to the trebles as to bass!
I have a faster speed throw,my points go deep normaly!

The Gimmicks -

It comes with a checkout table and a little booklet wit the actual BLADE4 and other WINMAU products infos, rules and games informations!!

The whole Board -

i just moved in here so no fancy set up right now,but will follow!!

Overall right now i love it but time will tell,it directly worked great for me!
i will update!!

Moneyvalue - 5/5

Quality - 5/5

Playability - 5/5
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:11 am

Real nice review thanks
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 am

Top Class review, Great pics too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:07 am

right now it seems like the holes in the red fields heal way better as in the green sectors!!
u dont see any holes in the red sectors of the board!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 am

That could be just an effect of the eyes and the colours, afterall the colour is just printed on.

I'm only guessing though?
Back to top Go down
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:08 am

nope, i have to close holes in the green with my point tip sometimes but not in the reds!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:12 am

Sator73 wrote:
nope, i have to close holes in the green with my point tip sometimes but not in the reds!!

Thats strange, afterall the board is just made up of biscuits of sisal, then the colour is printed on????
Back to top Go down
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:14 am

the color is printed on,yes!
Back to top Go down
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:16 am

it seems like the the red color allows the bristles to heal better as the green does!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 am

still weird, unless the ink itself has something to do with it
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I will have to get one of them for my collection. I have the original Blade and have a Blade III as my regular use board.
Still looking for a Blade II so I can get the evoltion of the Blade. Good Review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 am

Blade 4 - in my humble opinion - one of the top 3 boards available on the market today. Currently you can pick them up for about 20quid - a real must have at that kind of money!
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:53 am

So what is 20quid in American terms?

Someone has been selling them in the US (ebay)starting at $1.99 with $14.99 shipping. So far two of them sold for around $36 plus shipping.
I have my bid on one now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:57 am

20.00 GBP = 30.6712 USD

$15 is amazing for shipping. I looked into prices to send a couple of boards to friends in the US and I couldn't get anywhere near that price!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:15 am

Not $15 from the U.K. though?

cost me £28 to send a board to Canada.
Back to top Go down
!!!ANIMAL!!!

!!!ANIMAL!!!

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 am

at amazon u can get it for 48$,cheapest i seen so far!
greetings from florida!! Smile
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:11 am

nice review buddy. i think i need to get mine out of the box and up on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 am

Best board ive ever played on ! simple as that really Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Have yet to try it, heard great reviews about it.

I have the blade111 at home and its looking sick, thanks for the write up on it guys, helped me make up my mind Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 am

Won't even think about buying any other board. This is by far the best board, even better than the Unicorn Eclipse IMO.
Rotate regularly and you won't have any problems.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 am

zappaluv wrote:
Won't even think about buying any other board. This is by far the best board, even better than the Unicorn Eclipse IMO.

I rotated mine at least once a week and my Blade 4 only lasted a couple of months before bits started falling off of it. I most likely just got a dodgy one but I can't see me buying another Blade in the near future. Got a TPT at the moment and that still has some life left in it - it's already lasted longer than the Blade - so when the time comes it's either another TPT or possibly one of the new Harrows Matchplay when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 am

Great review Animal and I agree about the quality. Blade 4 takes the cake in many ways
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:51 am

I agree the blade 4 is a great board. cant say its hands down the best board out there since i haven't done a true side by side comparison with other boards such as the TPT, BAII, etc. BUt heres some points on the blade4 that I have noticed.
- i love the sisal on this board, heals incredibly well and really holds the dart regardless of velocity. i use smooth points and have a stout throw, normally my darts penetrate the board almost to the barrel-i have yet to pull any fibers out with the dart nor have i found any glue residue on the point as with some other boards. That being said, although i have tried many times, i have never had a dart fall out of the board regardless of how light i throw the dart. if the point touches the board the dart stays in, only way i know how to say it.

-other things i like about this board-the price( $55 dollars shipped!), the color (bright and even), and did i mention the price!

-things that could use improvement-the wires are soft and while the bevel reduces bounce outs it does not eliminate them. i have noticed on some instances where the dart has pushed the wire into the sisal. This bothered me at first but after a few legs the wire has worked itself back out to its original position. Also the single bull ring on mine has taken some shots and slightly bent-this has not healed itself.
-I would like to see 2 things different. 50% thinner wire, and one made of steel or some other hard metal. And also one of by biggest quirks with all boards and not just the blade4, but i'd like to see a better looking number ring.

All that being said,i would definately buy another and would highly recommend ti to anyone. Until i find a better board i will keep a blade 4 on the wall at my house.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 am

49$ shipped from amazon, came in two days
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 pm

mc1958 wrote:
zappaluv wrote:

I rotated mine at least once a week and my Blade 4 only lasted a couple of months before bits started falling off of it. I most likely just got a dodgy one but I can't see me buying another Blade in the near future. Got a TPT at the moment and that still has some life left in it - it's already lasted longer than the Blade - so when the time comes it's either another TPT or possibly one of the new Harrows Matchplay when it comes out.

wasn't able to get a blade 4 when I had the chance, they sold out quickly.

@mc1958, do you have any glue residue problem with the TPT? My Target Play Vision has that issue. Not sure how I could fix it. Could be the hot weather.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Not that I've noticed cutter
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:14 am

sbull ring is nearly fubar now and getting worse by the day. and since that particular ring anchors the spider it soon will be working itself out too Winmau R+D really need to rethink the bull ring design on this especially the depth...honestly i think the outer bull ring needs to be anchored to the back of the board..will need a new board soon and have some tough decisions to make...eclipse HD or new harrows...hmmmm
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 am

rumandcork wrote:
sbull ring is nearly fubar now and getting worse by the day. and since that particular ring anchors the spider it soon will be working itself out too Winmau R+D really need to rethink the bull ring design on this especially the depth...honestly i think the outer bull ring needs to be anchored to the back of the board..will need a new board soon and have some tough decisions to make...eclipse HD or new harrows...hmmmm

My Bulls advantage 2 is still in good nick, but I still fancy a new board and I cant decide like you Rum, the New Harrows or the Eclipse HD??????
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 am

getagrip wrote:
rumandcork wrote:

My Bulls advantage 2 is still in good nick, but I still fancy a new board and I cant decide like you Rum, the New Harrows or the Eclipse HD??????

how long have you had it and how many throws does it get a day?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 am

I think I have had it about 2 years now, maybe a littler longer. I only play about 40 mins a day, it is much better wearing than my Blade 3 was but the wire around the double 3 section keeps popping up, also not so keen on the way the wire that divides the segment protrudes into the outer bulls wire. Apart from those 2 niggles it has been an excellent board!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4   REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4 Empty

Back to top Go down

REVIEW - WINMAU BLADE4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next