We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesThe Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? Empty
PostSubject: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 am

This guy demonstrates a stiff wrist method, looks more like a knife throwing style to me:

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 am

his grouping blows
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 am

USMC80 wrote:
his grouping blows

think he is just demonstrating the technique, he obviously has not perfected it, but cant see a follow up vid so maybe he gave up on the idea.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:35 am

I would give up too
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 am

USMC80 wrote:
I would give up too

lol!

Anyone who wants to compete at the highest level had best not use this throw. If I recall correctly, the dart must be thrown with the point toward the board to compete in the BDO/PDC. This wouldn't be allowed, would it?

However you can do this exact same forearm-only motion with a traditional grip and a stiff wrist. I've tried it in fact.

It works if you time the release absolutely perfectly but all errors in timing are magnified by the fact that the dart travels along a perfect arc prior to release. The means that for any given target and any given speed of motion of the arm, there is exactly one point in space for a release to hit that target.

With the traditional throw, all the "moving parts" he complains about serve a purpose. They increase the number of points in space at which you can release the dart and still hit the target by holding the dart along a parabolic arc that intersects the target at the end.

This way your timing doesn't have to be nearly as precise, so long as all the extra moving parts are keeping the dart moving along the parabolic arc (it isn't the whole length of the throw of course, just a few inches of the throw is actually on the arc required) and the velocity is right, you can release pretty much anywhere and still get to the target.

The Paul Lim video explains it really well, without going into all the balistics etc.

Anyway, been there, done that, burned the T-shirt never to return. Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 am

Yeah I very much doubt that stiff wrist method would catch on, although my Dad kinda has a similar throw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?   The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stiff Wrist Darts Throw ...... Crazy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-