We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts Corner - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Darts Corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 am

For those that think I may be biased or something

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I had to pick out the flights and put them back in the cracked boxes
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 am

The packaging of the Cosmo's isn't that great to start with so I would have thought extra care would be taken with orders for these.

The bits I've had off of Halo have been put in little boxes - maybe home made, but boxes still the same - and the plastic has all been in perfect condition. Unfortunately they don't sell the full range, but I primarily use kites which they do stock.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 am

Gonna give them a try. Any place Ive ordered in the states they come bubble wrapped in small cardboard boxes which are real secure. These look like they were trampled on lol. Atleast I know that cosmos can stand the abuse i guess
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 am

They are on holiday at the moment - until next Monday from memory - but they are UK based and were set up and owned by Chris White, Gary Cartmel and Rob Heckman (being from the US I'm sure you would have heard of at least two of these guys). They are a real pleasure to deal with and they ship anywhere darts is played.

I don't know how much shipping to the US would be as it's done on weight for overseas orders, and if you are looking for anything they don't have Cosmo related then try the contact us link and ask if they can get a special order for you.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:47 am

Its a good thing that your items arrived at last , The uk postal service can be quite heavy handed with mail and i suppose your postal system are the same . Now if im aware of this and your aware of this why do some of our suppliers not seem to know this ?
You would think that overseas deliveries would be packed well purely to cope with the amount of times they are handled ! Ok this takes time but these recent posts are hardly flattering to the supplier where as if the goods were well packed the opposite would be true ! There was once a philosophy about the customer always being right , Doesnt seem as commonplace these days !
I have no doubt that many if not most parcels sent by this supplier arrive safe and intact but there seems to be a real problem with the cosmos stuff mainly down to the flimsy display packaging would it really cost so much to put the flights in a cardboard box if only one made from scrap cardboard to protect these during transit ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:47 am

Will do. Thanks MC
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Well said Andy, cardboard boxes work perfectly to protect the flights
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:02 am

Well I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with DC. My darts arrived today exactly 8 days after they shipped them out, just in time for my mixed doubles comp tonite with my wife up in Montreal.. I would definately try them again. They look just like I hoped they would with the gold points in them!!! Very Happy Very Happy
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:20 am

To be honest I give Darts Corner good marks, they not perfect but generally speaking good service IMO. 8/10

Last edited by SilverSaber on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 am

SilverSaber wrote:
To be honest I give Darts Corner good marks, they not perfect but generally speaking good service IMO.

I agree with SilverSaber.

My first dealings with DC was terrible, my order took two weeks to arrive and when i received it, it was wrong. They also had a note attached stating that because they didn`t have what i ordered they had given me something else. That annoyed me as i only use one set-up so if its not what i ordered then its no use to me. I never bothered with DC for over a year because of that but they have some competitive prices and i eventually tried them again. Since then i have been generally pleased with the service. My orders generally arrive within three days but they still occasionally send me something as a replacement for something thats out of stock. 8/10
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 am

Hatrick wrote:
Well I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with DC. My darts arrived today exactly 8 days after they shipped them out, just in time for my mixed doubles comp tonite with my wife up in Montreal.. I would definately try them again. They look just like I hoped they would with the gold points in them!!! Very Happy Very Happy
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Hatrick

Guess the just don't like me. No
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:26 am

I've only ever ordered from them once (although I have another order I'm about to submit) and had great results. 11 days delivery to Texas. Well packaged, complete and correct order. I hope this one goes as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 am

Looking at the packaging that they used for your flights USMC it seems that everything gets shipped in the exact same bubble envelope. With that being said, if you order a set of darts they stand a better chance of showing up in good condition because the box the darts come in offer the stability during transit that you will not get from the cosmo flight cases.

That being said, I also agree that DC is worth shopping at because of their competitive prices. Perhaps the buyer just needs to be selective with what they order and not use DC for some of the more fragile orders such as cosmo flights.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 am

Darts Corner has been having issues with their Internet (forum) Lets hope they get it sorted out as this kind of problem can strike at any time.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:12 am

They've had a few problems recently - both with the shop and the forum. The forum has been out of action since at least yesterday morning for me anyway. I think they have taken it off line now to find out what the problem is as the error message pops up straight away instead of taking a minute or so trying to connect.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:29 am

Shops Summary updated
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Just seen the following message on twitter - so if you are thinking of ordering from them hold off until tomorrow:

Free Union Jack Flights with every order from the 2nd to the 5th of June, Also Discount code shown on the website as well :-)

Don't know what sort of discount - most likely 7.5% or 10%
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Just seen the following message on twitter - so if you are thinking of ordering from them hold off until tomorrow:

Free Union Jack Flights with every order from the 2nd to the 5th of June, Also Discount code shown on the website as well :-)

The discount is 10% and the code is jubilee12 - it's on the site now so presumably it's working already
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:31 pm

I would like if the Queen gave me 10% of her money instead Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:29 am

mc1958 wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

The discount is 10% and the code is jubilee12 - it's on the site now so presumably it's working already
Thanks mate for the code up date.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am

made an order a couple weeks ago and found out the 10% 'toolbar01' code no longer works. i used the ~7% 'facebookers' code so it was all good. i was surprised too, made the order sunday night and got my order friday afternoon. less than 5 days to canada! couldn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:01 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
made an order a couple weeks ago and found out the 10% 'toolbar01' code no longer works. i used the ~7% 'facebookers' code so it was all good. i was surprised too, made the order sunday night and got my order friday afternoon. less than 5 days to canada! couldn't believe it.

Ya, was ticked the toolbar discount vanished, I don't facebook so missed that, the DC newsletter had a 10% discount thru May & they didn't send it to me (& many others that were signed up for it), my order shipped out yesterday & today they announce the 10% jubilee discount. Got their forum 6% at least but with 10% it usually covers the shipping cost. A "friendlier" shopkeep woulda said, Hey, if ya wait a day you can get a 10% discount, or just given it to ya a day in advance imo.

Their xmas sale they didn't allow any discount codes-understandable-but they jacked the prices b4 they discounted and when I confronted them on it I got brushed off. They've substituted stuff when what I ordered wasn't in stock, and although many swear by their service to correct mistakes I hope not to ever need it. Didn't bother trying to return the substituted items due to cost of return & their previous attitude.

So why do I continue to buy from them? Still cheaper then anywhere else for what I've needed and with customer service failing everywhere it seems, for me at least lol, the $ is the bottom line. And it's never been more then 7 days to arrive from the 1st working day after placing the order.

If I had .01% of the Queen's $ I'd shop elsewhere Grip Haha
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 am

I was a bit miffed when the toolbar01 code stopped working as well, and I only joined facebook for a few days just to ask Target about the Chizzy darts so I didn't get that code either.

As for the May newsletter - I'm peed off with those as I have never got one yet even though the relevant boxes are ticked. I've had a couple of emails with special items in them, but never a full blown newsletter. I think they only actually sent the last one out to a few people who don't put in many orders just to try and tempt them into spending some money - there are quite a few members on the DC forum posted they didn't get it so there must be some reason for it.

It is a good offer and I may use this latest code but I'm not too sure - I don't really need any more Cosmo gear just yet. Most of the bits I tend to buy now is from the States or Japan anyway as it's not available over here in the UK (eg player signature flights, fit shaft gears, two tone stems).

As far as service goes, I've used them loads of times and have only ever had two problems. The first was I didn't receive an order and made a post on the board and sent pm's and emails and didn't get any responses. I called them up a couple of times and they eventually resent my order about a month after my original order. The second time wasn't their fault - paypal charged me twice for an order one night - a quick call to them in the morning and one of the payments was refunded by around 10.30 that morning.

I've not yet had any substitutions, but a couple of times I've had parts of orders shipped a couple of days after everything else when they had been waiting for new supplies.

All in all I reckon they are damned good - although on reflection I'm not too sure that their latest venture of setting up shops on other sites is such a good thing.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 am

The problem is that you will not see much mention of peoples bad service by looking on DC forum, but they are not always perfect.

I have boughts stacks from them but the service is generally good, there has been a few hiccups and a couple of times when I got items in damaged packaging and one set of darts about 3 years ago that looked like they had been used. But there is or was no outlet to let people know of that. The reviews on the site are vetted first and also reviews for the shop itself on shop review sites.

But thats pretty much the same with all the retailers, I usually give any shop an opportunity to put things right, if they do I use them again, if they act like they dont care then I dont use them again. The problems I had were not as major as some so I used them a lot, but more often than not it was because I was not able to get the same item elsewhere. I prefer Pure Darts simply because they were/are always cheapest, I have never had one problem with them, but I know some who have. So I guess they just cant all be perfect all the time, but they are very popular and have a good selection so they must be doing something right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 am

Personally i've always had my orders through pretty much in no longer than a day or two. DC and A180 are the only ones i've been to But Grip's mentioned Pure Darts now so may give them a look in future too. 10/10 for DC from me good job

Some of my orders have also come to me signed off by PDC player and Darts Corner employee Joe Murnan too! happy dude
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 pm

So far, DC has been my preferred online dart shop, no hiccups so far. Sales have been prompt in their responses to my queries. Items have been delivered on time as well.

But I may explore other sites as well, especially if there is a sale or promo.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Customer service is fantastic before and during placing of your order. Any issues you might have with product's or complaints and they dont want to know, infact there 'customer service manager' outright refused to help me when i emailed with a complaint a few days ago. Terrible service and a big fat -1 from me
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Thefox180 wrote:
Customer service is fantastic before and during placing of your order. Any issues you might have with product's or complaints and they dont want to know, infact there 'customer service manager' outright refused to help me when i emailed with a complaint a few days ago. Terrible service and a big fat -1 from me

Sorry to hear that mate, was that to do with those L Flights? Or am I thinking of someone else lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 pm

The Rage wrote:
Thefox180 wrote:

Sorry to hear that mate, was that to do with those L Flights? Or am I thinking of someone else lol

Ya that was the L flights. It appears that Target is going to help Fox out though
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

As I said in the other thread - if it's a problem with the product itself then it's down to the manufacturer (and they have rightly stepped up to the plate in this instance) and not DC, if it's something missing in an order or an order not received at all then it's down to DC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts Corner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next