We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesJohn Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 pm

John Part, aka Darth Maple
Part's Darts
PART'S DARTS ONE

WHY PRACTICE ?

There are two general reasons why anyone would want to practice throwing darts.

The first reason is somewhat obvious. We all want to increase our ability for upcoming competitive situations and simply get better.

It is commonly held in virtually every sport that competitors must practice or train to increase performance levels. It is also believed that that the quantity and quality of practice coincides directly with an increase in ability. It does.

The second reason to practice is for the sheer enjoyment. Throwing darts can be very enjoyable in a completely non-competitive way. It can be relaxing or it can be stimulating.

There is a mysterious enchantment we feel as we attempt to propel our dart through the air towards a seemingly ever elusive target. Nothing matches the feeling of satisfaction from a successful strike.

The throwing of darts can approach a state of meditation. After all, we know that state of mind is a major factor in success at the dart board. The addiction of the game stems from the constant craving to come closer and closer to perfection.

There is also the thrill when your game comes together. Is there not pure joy when anyone hits their first 180? It is an ethereal elation to become World Champion.

Every dart player and fan has an obsession with the 9-dart game. Why? It is the symbolic attainment of being one with the game, if only for a fleeting moment.

Phil Taylor continues to fascinate dart fans around the world. Is it because he wins such a high percentage of the time? Certainly winning is admired in any form of competition, but I think it is how he wins that mesmerizes us.

I'm not referring to the lopsided match scores. It is the averages that amaze even the best of the rest of the pros. We've all had good matches, but Phil seems to have 100 or better 3-dart average every time he plays. No one else has equaled his standard. So how did he reach this level of play?

Practice. It is the only way. No other player had the capability to force him to play THAT well.

Phil is a pioneer of sorts. He knew he could play better and he worked through practice to push himself further. Why?

The answer is that he is no different than any of us, pub players and pros alike. He loves the game and he yearns to master the game and himself.

I believe that I can work hard and get my averages to continue increasing and so should all players.

In 1987 I got a board and darts after watching the game on television a couple of times. During the first two years I played all I did was teach myself and practice.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 am

Good stuff and advice from this former World Champ
Back to top Go down
am33

am33

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 am

Interesting, I play most of my darts on my own & it never bores me. There is always the motivation to improve in all aspects of the game.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

I play on my own too, but I limit myself to about 45 mins, because of my dodgy shoulder and wrist. But I never get bored with it, frustrated sometimes when I don't play well but not bored.

I would play for hours if I could to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
am33

am33

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:09 am

getagrip wrote:
I play on my own too, but I limit myself to about 45 mins, because of my dodgy shoulder and wrist. But I never get bored with it, frustrated sometimes when I don't play well but not bored.

Pity your a long walk from Glasgow, quite fancy playing you................while your injured. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:16 am

am33 wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Pity your a long walk from Glasgow, quite fancy playing you................while your injured. Very Happy Very Happy

hahaha, take advantage of the weak, I like your style happy dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm

another good thread folks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1   John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Part Speaks about Practice Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1