We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesOche Mate LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Oche Mate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
McInnis180

McInnis180

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 pm

So a couple of guys at league were complaining of one of the boards was off......so I took in my Oche Mate and measured the board in question! So I first did the height of the board...OFF by 1 inch.....length was too long by an inch....lol
So I went to the second board....too high by 1/2 inch...lol....oche line off by 1/2 inch..OMG...no wonder nobody is consistant......third board.....height perfect.......oche line off by 1/2 inch!!! Everyone laughed....but did not person said that they were going to change any of the boards....lol Guess I will have to bring in me tools next week!!!! hammer time
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:51 pm

I know someone who did all this at a match and found the board was about an inch too low. They played the match that night, but the following day the landlord in the pub made all the proper adjustments to the board so now it is all the measurements are correct.

As an aside, to any league players it is worth getting yourself an oche mate if you think one or more of the throws in your league are off.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:26 pm

good to have around for sure.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Its a great tool, I was hoping to review it soon, best get on with it then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 pm

I love the oche mate and the referee tool as well. I have both and have started taking them to matches with me. There's one pub that one of the lads on Tuesday likes to practice so I met him there one week and you could just see that the board was too low straight away.

Standing at a mere 5' 3" the Bull should be approximately 5" above my head so I knew something was wrong when I went to retrieve my darts and the Bull was just above my head!!

Measure it and the Bull was standing at 5' 4 1/2" a full 3 1/2" shorter than it should be.

I was also at an away match and the board definitely wasn't centered, the 20 was leaning to the left a good way but the Home side insisted it was right. Out came the referee tool and the board was adjusted to the right by some way!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Wow I cant believe people put boards up without making sure there at the right measurements!
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 pm

The pub we started at this Season in the Monday League put the board up but forgot to take into account the fact that he had a skirting board and therefore the length was wrong.

I pointed this out and it never got changed, so we left the pub after 3 matches and went elsewhere which cost him some good solid money every other Monday.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 am

Me and me brother joined the pool team in the next village last year but always meet 2 hours early to practice our darts and it was niggling us that their board was low compared to the pub we came from.
Asking the (stubborn donkey ) landlord he assured us he had measured it out himself and it was spot on so we took his word for it. He seemed to take offense to use questioning his board hanging ability so we left it.
Week after week, after throwing at home and then in the pub we became convinced it wasn't right so the following week I brought a tape measure and low and behold it was nearly 2" low.
Still the landlord disagreed, stating (along with a witness) that they had measured it correctly when the mark was originally put up, 3 years ago!
Only they had a new floor put down beginning of last year and failed to take into account the new oak floor actually made a difference to the mark! donkey

Maybe this is why some other pubs marks are out?

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:42 am

LOL what a clod! Good point though Rebel if they change the floor then its going to affect the height.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oche Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oche Mate   Oche Mate Empty

Back to top Go down

Oche Mate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1