We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesIf you had a spare tenner.... LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

If you had a spare tenner....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

If you had a spare tenner.... Empty
PostSubject: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 am

What would you buy? 8-)

Pay day tomorrow and its going into my new bank account.
I have still got £14.33p in the old one and rather than transfer it am going to spend it before the wife uses it to pay the window cleaner!

So what would you buy? All idea's welcome!

Cheers,
Greg

I am off now to try and beat Trevor's 32x72 finishes..............
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 am

personally I'd buy some more cosmo's lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 am

hmmmm set of red dragon rebels 12 gbp
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 am

mc1958 wrote:
personally I'd buy some more cosmo's lol

I'm with MC on that one
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 am

SilverSaber wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 am

SilverSaber wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have a set of those in 23g Very Happy (even though I ordered 24g, bargain though!).

As for Cosmo', thought had crossed my mind......

Has anyone used the Whizlock punch and caps? If so, are they any good?

Cheers for the replies guys, 8)

Greg
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:23 am

I have a target punch use to use L flights, they agood system but cosmo's for me now all the way
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 am

Which Cosmo set would you recommend, spinners or fixed, heavy or light?

I am seriously thinking about giving these a crack now as I have not heard a single bad thing about them.

Cheers,
Greg
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 am

I personally use the Cosmo spinning stems - they are nothing like the normal spinning stems you can get which I think are garbage.

If you know what your preferred setup is with normal stems and flights and you want to try the Cosmo's then try and get as close to your normal setup as you can as you will then be able to give a better judgement on them. If you currently use standard shape flights then go for Cosmo standards and not for say Cosmo pears or kites.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am

As far as the Whizlock system is concerned, I've heard mixed reviews about it. I wouldn't use it myself as I'm perfectly happy with pigeon/stem rings if I use normal stems and flights - although that is fairly rare for me now I'm using Cosmo's
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:06 am

my brother uses the whizlock caps and loves em. i use the target punch and rings on my darts and never had a problem. havent had a broken ring or a robin hood since i put them on my darts in november. but then again i use perfect storm darts, which i think may make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

mc1958 wrote:
I personally use the Cosmo spinning stems - they are nothing like the normal spinning stems you can get which I think are garbage.

If you know what your preferred setup is with normal stems and flights and you want to try the Cosmo's then try and get as close to your normal setup as you can as you will then be able to give a better judgement on them. If you currently use standard shape flights then go for Cosmo standards and not for say Cosmo pears or kites.

Makes sense,
Cosmos for me and like MC1958 says just go withe size and shape you normally would, me personally I use spinners standard (23mm) with standard flights. Of course you pick what works for you. I will say buy the 6pk because its a better deal. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 am

I use the target punch and stem lock rings but do get a lot of robin hoods, which is why I was thinking about the Whizlock punch, but I do keep getting tempted by the Cosmo's, maybe just waiting for some negative feedback to put me off..... but it seems there is none Very Happy

I use short nylon stems with standard flights, had read a review that the Cosmo flights (fixed ones) will go on standard nylon stems with a bit of a push - is that true?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 am

Rebel wrote:
I use the target punch and stem lock rings but do get a lot of robin hoods, which is why I was thinking about the Whizlock punch, but I do keep getting tempted by the Cosmo's, maybe just waiting for some negative feedback to put me off..... but it seems there is none Very Happy

I use short nylon stems with standard flights, had read a review that the Cosmo flights (fixed ones) will go on standard nylon stems with a bit of a push - is that true?

Cheers

nope, wont work. made for cosmos only.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 am

Yeah give the Cosmos a try, for a tenner, you won't know if you like them until you try em, just a shame they are costly really. So I guess you need to ask yourself if you do like them are you prepared to buy more?

Considering that the stems should (barring a nasty unfortunate accident) last a good while then the only expense will be for the flights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 am

£7 for 3 stems is a bit OTT IMO, £7 for 6 flights is still a bit rich but if they last as long as they say then thats money well spent, however I cant get my head round paying £7 for 3 bits of plastic - so I think until I find them cheaper I am giving them a miss, not on merit as I can see they are a great bit of kit, but on a 'explain to the mrs why I spent £7 on 3 bits of plastic' :bom:

Cheers for all the info and advice, appreciate it,

Greg
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 am

Rebel wrote:
£7 for 3 stems is a bit OTT IMO, £7 for 6 flights is still a bit rich but if they last as long as they say then thats money well spent, however I cant get my head round paying £7 for 3 bits of plastic - so I think until I find them cheaper I am giving them a miss, not on merit as I can see they are a great bit of kit, but on a 'explain to the mrs why I spent £7 on 3 bits of plastic' :bom:

Cheers for all the info and advice, appreciate it,

Greg

Well the price is a major issue and one that is starting to bother me as they seemed to jump up in price, I managed to get some on Ebay cheaper, so keep your eye open as I'm sure there is more on and no doubt many will sell them if they dont get on with them as they are a little like Marmite, some people love them and some don't.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:00 am

i'd buy some more coloured laro shafts. drool they're my favourite. i tried the l-style molded flights, but i split one of them after about a week and a half. if i had more disposable cash i'd buy a bunch of both cosmos and l-styles.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:47 am

I have to say, the Cosmos just don't appeal to me at all. The price aside, my friend got 6 flights and 3 stems and within 2 weeks had broken two flights and the other ones were seriously battered, missing chunks out of em and after a month they were pretty much unusable. He throws 28g Barneys so perhaps its the weight but for the price of them they just aren't worth it. I could buy enough flights and stems to last me a year for the price they are!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:14 am

Ivefoundgod wrote:
I have to say, the Cosmos just don't appeal to me at all. The price aside, my friend got 6 flights and 3 stems and within 2 weeks had broken two flights and the other ones were seriously battered, missing chunks out of em and after a month they were pretty much unusable. He throws 28g Barneys so perhaps its the weight but for the price of them they just aren't worth it. I could buy enough flights and stems to last me a year for the price they are!

Its the main issue though the price and durability. They were originally designed for soft tip which is usualy no more than 20g I think. But also they were are designed primarily for spinning shafts. The Cosmo spin shafts are very good and not off putting as they is no rattling or loose feeling, but they do help to prolong the flights life, you will still get nicks and such but thats as good as you will get with them really. For such a high price though its very hard to recommend them totally.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:14 am

Yeah my mate got the spinning shafts after doing a bit of research. He goes through flights and stems quicker than most due to the weight of the dart, completely destroys a flight or stem if he connects directly with them so it could well be that. I rarely break stems and don't go through flights too quickly so I just don't see the benefit in the Cosmos and I'd be very wary after my friends experience. Thats not to say that they are a bad product but for me the price is far too high at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had a spare tenner....   If you had a spare tenner.... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had a spare tenner....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1