We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTerry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:44 am

Last edited by SilverSaber on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

worth a look guys
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 am

The most interesting angle for me is the one at the 3 min mark.

Because although he may have a nice straight arm on the throw he is actually holding the dart at an angle when he goes from his nose towards his right cheek.

I have been trying to hold the dart straight all the time and is probably why I keep smacking myself in the face, going to try angling it a little and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 am

Ya i have been holding it at an angle. Watch Christian Kist and you will see it a little more pronounced. This way when i bring it back it clears my cheek. It was working a great and will continue to experiment with it
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 am

Same as Baxter. I used to hold it like that, but hold it straight now.
When your flight angles towards your throwing shoulder, it usually straightens out upon release.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 am

yes it does Robbie
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 am

Terry hits on real mechanic problems first minute of vid that beginners should take note of and a good reminder for me too.

Last edited by SilverSaber on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaz 1987

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 am

good watch i usually throw straight might give it a go
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am

getagrip wrote:
The most interesting angle for me is the one at the 3 min mark.

Because although he may have a nice straight arm on the throw he is actually holding the dart at an angle when he goes from his nose towards his right cheek.

I have been trying to hold the dart straight all the time and is probably why I keep smacking myself in the face, going to try angling it a little and see what happens.

That was the first thing I noticed too. Makes me feel better because I will catch myself angling the dart a little when I get into rhythm and I've been trying to correct it. Looks like that may actually be better for me.

Great video Larry
Back to top Go down
am33

am33

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 am

The consistency of the throw of the top players is amazing, they throw exactly the same, leg after leg, set after set even with the added pressure of the watching crowds, the tv cameras and the adrenaline rush that must go with it.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am

am33 wrote:
The consistency of the throw of the top players is amazing, they throw exactly the same, leg after leg, set after set even with the added pressure of the watching crowds, the tv cameras and the adrenaline rush that must go with it.

yeah I guess that is a big part of it but when I see throwers like Klassen, Stompe, Hylton and a few others, I wonder how they can be so consistent with what looks an erratic throw.

Hylton kind of starts high then comes down, but I guess if its the same every time then it will stay consistent, something I struggle to achieve really.
Back to top Go down
am33

am33

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 am

getagrip wrote:
am33 wrote:

yeah I guess that is a big part of it but when I see throwers like Klassen, Stompe, Hylton and a few others, I wonder how they can be so consistent with what looks an erratic throw.

Hylton kind of starts high then comes down, but I guess if its the same every time then it will stay consistent, something I struggle to achieve really.

Ted Hankey amazes me, he stands so far over to the right it's a wonder he hits the board at all !!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Yeah but he has a very nice smooth throw, but your right he must stand further to the right than any that I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!   Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Terry Jenkins Throw Video/ Beginners watch!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1