We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!


We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net

Re-register a new account there please
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Photobucket


map1
Display Pagerank

Share | 
 

 Mental Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

avatar

Posts : 5689
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Palm Coast,Florida 32137

PostSubject: Mental Game   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 am

Once ya mechanics are right 90% of darts is mental the other 10% is in ya head!!!!!

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net



Administrator
90% of Darts is mental if ya mechanics are right the other 10% is in your head
26gm McCoy Sabers- 26gm Rasta's Pro Red Dragon's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Flight School, Join its Free http://www.howtodarts.com/flight-school-registration











[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 476
Join date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:25 am

Play the board NOT the player ! Meaning just throw your darts as you would at home , Dont worry about what the other person is scoring just play your own game .

_________________
The more i practice the luckier i get !


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
Saber

avatar

Posts : 5689
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Palm Coast,Florida 32137

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:26 am

Andy wrote:
Play the board NOT the player ! Meaning just throw your darts as you would at home , Dont worry about what the other person is scoring just play your own game .

oooh Andy ya sooo right mate.

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net



Administrator
90% of Darts is mental if ya mechanics are right the other 10% is in your head
26gm McCoy Sabers- 26gm Rasta's Pro Red Dragon's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Flight School, Join its Free http://www.howtodarts.com/flight-school-registration











[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
madzkymadz



Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Cheers to you two mate !! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 476
Join date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Andy wrote:
Play the board NOT the player ! Meaning just throw your darts as you would at home , Dont worry about what the other person is scoring just play your own game .

oooh Andy ya sooo right mate.

Yeah good advice for sure but its harder to do than people may think Very Happy

_________________
The more i practice the luckier i get !


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
Bovrilheid

avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-01-16
Location : Shetland

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Andy wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
Andy wrote:
Play the board NOT the player ! Meaning just throw your darts as you would at home , Dont worry about what the other person is scoring just play your own game .

oooh Andy ya sooo right mate.

Yeah good advice for sure but its harder to do than people may think Very Happy

I agree that this is good advice but almost impossible to do. You have to look at what your opponent scores as that does affect what you throw at....example if I am on 90 and my opponent has no out shout then I will go for t18 d18, knowing that I do not have to take it out in three......however if he is on a finish....I must (and so should everyone) go for 20's, knowing that 2 big twentys at least give you a shot at bull.

Also when you've got a poor marker you have to get involved in what your opponent scores and check his scores and the markers.....so whilst I completely agree with this point, sad so say it is impossible.

Confidence is huge in darts.....if you believe you cand or if you believe you can't.....then you are right. Meaning that if you go in with confidence you will have a much better outcome....and just saying it doesn't cout....you have to BELIEVE it. Once you get inside your opponents head, you've won. You can see that with Barney and Phil....Barney "knows" phil is a better player, we all know that Phil is the best...but the players that beat him, have someonething internal and the "who cares if a lose" attitude.

end of inane ramblings!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

avatar

Posts : 1788
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 34
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:59 am

Much harder to do than say but still spot on Andy. If you can make it happen your game improves drastically

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net
Register HERE


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebel

avatar

Posts : 2502
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 43
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:17 am

I think the main thing playing the board rather than your opponent eliminates is any pressure or leniency you may feel for a good/ poor opponent.
For instance once you realize your opponent is playing great darts it can put more pressure on you to throw equally good darts often resulting in your game going to pot, on the other hand I know from my own experience one you realize your opponent is not on their game your own game can sometime drop off too.

I think by playing the board rather than your opponent it gives you the best chance of playing your own game without added pressure enabling you to play good, steady darts.

_________________
This forum has now moved to here (Follow Link to re-register): www.dartsnutz.net





[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Match Darts: 24g Custom 'Mega Thrust Mk.2' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

avatar

Posts : 1788
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 34
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:41 am

well said Rebel

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net
Register HERE


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 476
Join date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 am

I dont know about you guys but i NEVER watch my opponent throw there darts , i used to but not any more , I spend my time keeping my own affairs in order both mentally and physically . I check my stems for tightness and the condition and fit of my flights and just keep my thoughts as calm as i possibly can , On my way to the ochie i will then and only then glance at the scoreboard then my focus is 100% on the board , The part of the board i need to hit and just throw my darts then the process starts over Smile

_________________
The more i practice the luckier i get !


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
Veni

avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 30
Location : Helsingborg, Sweden!

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Much good tips in here.

And it's as all are saying, its just in your head.
Always go in and play the board. I know many people that lower their game if they are playing a bad player. And thats not good, because if you play a better player the next game you will still be in the same mood as before, and then you will lose.

Always play the board, and ALWAYS strive to better yourself, the biggest problem for many players are complacement. I have seen this a lot for those 6 years I have been playing.

Not to be cocky or arrogant, but the reason I have gotten so good as I was for a couple of months ago was because I ALWAYS strived to better myself.

And there will be players that will try and attack your mind at the board, that why you should be in your own "zone" or "bubble". I dont talk when I play, I dont notice I have an opponent, and that have gotten a couple of people saying that I'm cocky and arrogant, and yes maybe it's so when I toe the oche, but of the oche I'm a friendly guy Smile (I promise).

But my mentor wanted me to become ruthless at the oche, because when you are there, the only thing on your mind should be, I will win this!!!!!

I have a couple of teammates that have problems with the mental side of the game, and are very easily put off. And thats a bad thing, because some of the opponents knows this and try their best to win through mindgames.

And of course its hard to learn to shut it out, but I have gotten good practice to it Smile I have played several local tournaments where the crowd have booed and whistled when I play, go for doubles and things like that. But its like music in my ears, because in my mind they are doing it because they know that I will win if they dont try and play mindgames on me.

But for me, I love to win those games Smile


Ops, a long post, sorry for that Smile
Back to top Go down
ochejockey



Posts : 298
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 42
Location : Jacksonville, FL

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Venigoor wrote:
Much good tips in here.

And it's as all are saying, its just in your head.
Always go in and play the board. I know many people that lower their game if they are playing a bad player. And thats not good, because if you play a better player the next game you will still be in the same mood as before, and then you will lose.

Always play the board, and ALWAYS strive to better yourself, the biggest problem for many players are complacement. I have seen this a lot for those 6 years I have been playing.

Not to be cocky or arrogant, but the reason I have gotten so good as I was for a couple of months ago was because I ALWAYS strived to better myself.

And there will be players that will try and attack your mind at the board, that why you should be in your own "zone" or "bubble". I dont talk when I play, I dont notice I have an opponent, and that have gotten a couple of people saying that I'm cocky and arrogant, and yes maybe it's so when I toe the oche, but of the oche I'm a friendly guy Smile (I promise).

But my mentor wanted me to become ruthless at the oche, because when you are there, the only thing on your mind should be, I will win this!!!!!

I have a couple of teammates that have problems with the mental side of the game, and are very easily put off. And thats a bad thing, because some of the opponents knows this and try their best to win through mindgames.

And of course its hard to learn to shut it out, but I have gotten good practice to it Smile I have played several local tournaments where the crowd have booed and whistled when I play, go for doubles and things like that. But its like music in my ears, because in my mind they are doing it because they know that I will win if they dont try and play mindgames on me.

But for me, I love to win those games Smile


Ops, a long post, sorry for that Smile

I had to turn a couple extra lights on while reading this! I hope you don't own a longboat Venigoor! Great attitude though! This won't matter to most of our group, but the "Just play the board, don't pay attention to what your opponent is doing" doesn't work with Cricket. You have to pay attention to what your opponent throws and react to it. To be very good you should even anticipate what your opponent may do on their next throw. I think that's a huge difference with '01 and makes it a more interesting and engaging game.
Back to top Go down
Saber

avatar

Posts : 5689
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Palm Coast,Florida 32137

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Oche is right you have to play the player when it comes to cricket. 01 games no.

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net



Administrator
90% of Darts is mental if ya mechanics are right the other 10% is in your head
26gm McCoy Sabers- 26gm Rasta's Pro Red Dragon's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Flight School, Join its Free http://www.howtodarts.com/flight-school-registration











[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

avatar

Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 47
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 am

Quote :
the reason I have gotten so good as I was for a couple of months ago was because I ALWAYS strived to better myself.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
dougie_a



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 36
Location : Tillsonburg On Canada

PostSubject: Thanks   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for the advise. I have only been playing for six weeks. My uncle picked me up for his team so I've been thrown into it, but Its a good way to learn fast. I do have problems with the head part of the game, like when we are playing the best team in the league. I thing the advise to just play the board will help a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

avatar

Posts : 1706
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 53
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Dougie, just relax and have fun. Thats the most important part at this early stage in your darting life.

As time goes by, you will improve as will your expectations of yourself. Thats when the head games start. lol

_________________
Darts: 18g Puma Lite Cat soft tip. Use L-Style Lippoint tips and conversion points for steel tip.

Stems: Medium Nylon shafts
Flights: Standard Shape Pentathlon flights with wizlock stem caps.

HPO 2013: 160 Monday League, 170 Tuesday League.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

avatar

Posts : 8793
Join date : 2012-01-09
Age : 48
Location : North Yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Good Luck Dougie, I echo Jimbo's advice to just enjoy it for now, if you get more into it later you can get more serious then.

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dougie_a



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 36
Location : Tillsonburg On Canada

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks a lot guys
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

avatar

Posts : 1706
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 53
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 am

dougie_a wrote:
Thanks a lot guys

Your welcome mate. Dont be scared to ask about anything here. We have all been beginers at some stage. lol

_________________
Darts: 18g Puma Lite Cat soft tip. Use L-Style Lippoint tips and conversion points for steel tip.

Stems: Medium Nylon shafts
Flights: Standard Shape Pentathlon flights with wizlock stem caps.

HPO 2013: 160 Monday League, 170 Tuesday League.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dougie_a



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 36
Location : Tillsonburg On Canada

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 am

Well in that case I do have another question. I have been playing with a set of 22g bristol power points but I can get a new set for christmas. I was at a dart store couple of weeks ago and threw a set of target carerra 23g, along with three or four other sets but the 23 targets stood out to me. They felt right in my hand and I found that I threw them with ease. Do you have any advise or comments? anything is helpful at this point. Thanks Dougie
Back to top Go down
getagrip

avatar

Posts : 8793
Join date : 2012-01-09
Age : 48
Location : North Yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 am

The carreras are very nice darts I dont think you will be disappointed with them Very Happy

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Lefty544

avatar

Posts : 1788
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 34
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 am

Ah, the mental game took me down last night Sad

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net
Register HERE


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dougie_a



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 36
Location : Tillsonburg On Canada

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 am

Hey guys its me again. Happy to report that I calmed down, just played the board and I won my first league game Monday night. I won the first two games hands down, but then it got to my head and I lost the next two. But I gathered myself in overtime and was able to get my first win. thanks for the advise guys, Doug
Back to top Go down
Saber

avatar

Posts : 5689
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Palm Coast,Florida 32137

PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 am

thanks for reporting in mate.

_________________
This forum has now moved to here: www.dartsnutz.net



Administrator
90% of Darts is mental if ya mechanics are right the other 10% is in your head
26gm McCoy Sabers- 26gm Rasta's Pro Red Dragon's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Flight School, Join its Free http://www.howtodarts.com/flight-school-registration











[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mental Game   

Back to top Go down
 

Mental Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» TENNIS: The Mental Game
» How to Keep Your Head in the Game - Mental Skills Training
» GAME OF THE NIGHT: Calgary Flames at Edmonton Oilers, Friday April 10, 2009, 900 pm ET
» Terrel Bramwell dunking at ROPSSAA All Star game
» IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Practice And Help :: Darts For Beginners-